Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:07 PM
www.SpitFireRecords.net
Squid

spitfirerecords21 is on a distinguished road
"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???

Hey everyone. I bought this bike May 5th 2012 and went strait to work on it. This is my first bike and I wanted to make it look different and unique to my personality. I like things BRIGHT I want to be SEEN on my bike. Also I wanted to do something I'd never seen done before....I decided to make "THE SIMPSONS" show bike. Something that would appeal to eyes older and younger generations because of the long running years of the tv show. I know some will say, "Why would you do something like that to a bike???" answer....because its mine, and its what satifies me...

So here is my 1998 Superhawk!

"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img011.jpg

That was a little under a month ago...this is where we stand 23 days later.

"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img122.jpg
"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img119.jpg

I will post pics of the finished product soon!
Hope you guys like it so far.

Heres a list of the modifications:

-New custom seat
-LED taillight with intergrated turn signals
-Cracks in fairing pieces fiberglassed
-Shaved side fairing blinkers
-Added new rear view mirrors with LED blinkers
-Completely repainted all body pieces, and helmet.
-Yellow headlight (gonna upgrade to Yellow HID kit soon)
-new air filter
-Oil & filter changed
-New Iridum spark plugs
-Chome screws for all body piece attachments.

I plan to do more....if anyone has any suggestions on mechanical things, or upgrades to performance of the bike, it would be highly appreciated. PLEASE, let me know. Like I said Im new to bikes and a do it yourselfer so Ive just been using the repair manual, and reading helpful (life saving lol) posts from the cool members of this forum to get things done. Id be lost if it hadnt been for some of you out there so thanks!

So...any suggestions?

Thanks for checkin' it out!
Come back and see it when its done!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:22 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Wow you are exactly right cuz "I want to know why you would do something like that to a superhawk"?

I am a true simpsons fan since its start on Tracy A(U)lman but this leaves me as offended as Australia after the fraudulent collect call.

I'm not saying this is a bootable offense but......."Here in America we dont tolerate that kind of crap sir"

In America we don't tolerate that kind of crap. - YouTube
Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
www.SpitFireRecords.net
Squid

This will be a show bike for entering in car/bike shows. When Im done with it, it will be the sickest hawk ever! If its not already that from what I've seen. But everyone has their own style.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Squid

Mikael is on a distinguished road
Do what makes you happy, you build it for yourself not others.

Best upgrades for sure is the suspension and brakes after that it all comes down to personal taste and looks.

Have fun building and adding to your bike, it is hands down the funnest bike to ride out there.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
Good work! but I don't see anything that screams "the simpsons" yet.

Are you going to get characters faces painted on or something? a bunch of strawberry frosted sprinkle covered donuts everywhere?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
The fact that you even think this is already the sickest hawk ever is insulting... all you did was change the look a little bit...you have a long way to go uglyness of the color aside...
Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 AM
MotoGP

Just for public knowledge, is this a chick's bike?

No way am I the only one wondering.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 AM
www.SpitFireRecords.net
Squid

Maniac2313...can i please see pics of your bike? Ill throw 10,000 dollars into this bike in one week, wreck it, trash it and not blink an eye. Whatevers been done, I can do. Faster and better.

98VTRider....its coming, should get done today
Old 05-29-2012, 08:05 AM
SHawk Member
Back Marker

JN607 is on a distinguished road
Clearly this person has loads of money. GL with the build man.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Hard to beat pink and yellow for loudness:

racebikestg2004.jpg?t=1291113638

And for pure ridiculousness, try a turbo AND supercharged VTR:

How much you want to do for mechanical upgrades? There are things as simple as a couple of carb mods and some electrical sensors to full on suspension swaps and motor rebuilds...

Search around for HID projectors, lots of discussions on why just throwing an HID bulb in a stock housing is a poor idea. For a show bike, you may not care, but to use it on the road you may want to go with a projector. IMO looks cooler in there anyway.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Wow that thing is UGLY!! But the blue is better than the previous green. I think it'll get a lot of attention at the shows but not so sure the kind you want. Maybe a lot of pointing and laughing. By all means I think it's cool you're making your bike how you like it, and it will be "SEEN." Just like I said I don't think it's the kind of being "SEEN" that you're going for.

7, on the other hand that turboed VTR is kind of sick! I'm not a huge fan of the cosmetics of it but I'd love to throw a turbo like that on mine! LOL!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spitfirerecords21
Ill throw 10,000 dollars into this bike in one week, wreck it, trash it and not blink an eye. Whatevers been done, I can do. Faster and better.
Wow someone doesn't have much of an ego.....

Though I will have to agree that your claim of your bike being the sickest ever just because you threw a coat of paint on it to be rather humorous....

But to each his own, though you might want to tone it down just a touch if you want to get help around here.

Also FYI it will cost you a little more than 10K to build something on par with one of the Moriwaki bikes
Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by GTS
7, on the other hand that turboed VTR is kind of sick! I'm not a huge fan of the cosmetics of it but I'd love to throw a turbo like that on mine! LOL!
That bike is really a kind of funky one... I think it's been raked out quite a bit to fit all the radiator/turbo stuff in the front and the rear tire is just stupid wide. But so much so that it's kinda cool... it's so far beyond practicality...

Here's the supercharged side:

Name:  0042.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  96.7 KB

And yeah, the cosmetics are kind of "cringy" at certain angles
Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Wow so is that thing turbocharged and supercharged? I wonder what all they had to do to the internals to keep it holding together such a stronger rods etc. It looks more like they just took a VTR engine and built everything around it. I don't see anything else that's stock VTR other than the engine itself!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
www.SpitFireRecords.net
Squid

7moore7...i retract my statement of the sickest (spoke too soon lol)....that first pink and yellow one you posted is SICK!!!!

8451Hawk...sorry bout the ego thing lol. Im just a person who doesnt judge others' style and respects what others like to do with their property. So its just irratating when people talk crap cause thats something I just dont do to others.

But I guess thats what people do online....talk crap with their fingers cause they wouldnt do it in person lol. smh
Old 05-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Superstock

[QUOTE=spitfirerecords21;334177]Maniac2313...can i please see pics of your bike? Ill throw 10,000 dollars into this bike in one week, wreck it, trash it and not blink an eye. Whatevers been done, I can do. Faster and better.
I think you took what I said way to hard... i am in no way now or then trying to talk **** on your bike best of luck with it... what I am saying someone like me or many others who have a much more extensive mod list dont see that as the sickest hawk ever... look at mikstr or tweetys bike... I'm waiting on the body of my bike to get back from paint (stock 98 red) then I will figure out how to post pics and you and everyone else will see my bike... I'm quite proud of what I have done with it but I dont think its close to the sickest hawk ever... what I have done is je 11.5-1 pistons mori cams ported head mori o/s valves ss brake lines gsxr 6 pot calipers 954rr master cylinder powder coated the cast parts of the frame and polished the rest mosfet rr krieger ccts jd tuned f4i rear shock and front forks and i just bought another hawk to take some parts off of thats in 2nd place for vtrotm strictly because I want parts from it like the braced swinger dr honda velocity stacks and a few other odds and ends... like i said you have a long way to go for the sickest ever... not saying you wont get there but that $10000 you were talking about is only a start I'm close to that mark but am no where close to the sickest ever... I'm sorry I was in no way trying to start a pissing match but you may want to wait for someone else to say your bike is the sickest ever before you get a big head about it...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
SHawk Member
Back Marker

JN607 is on a distinguished road
I think you took what I said way to hard... i am in no way now or then trying to talk **** on your bike best of luck with it... what I am saying someone like me or many others who have a much more extensive mod list dont see that as the sickest hawk ever... look at mikstr or tweetys bike... I'm waiting on the body of my bike to get back from paint (stock 98 red) then I will figure out how to post pics and you and everyone else will see my bike... I'm quite proud of what I have done with it but I dont think its close to the sickest hawk ever... what I have done is je 11.5-1 pistons mori cams ported head mori o/s valves ss brake lines gsxr 6 pot calipers 954rr master cylinder powder coated the cast parts of the frame and polished the rest mosfet rr krieger ccts jd tuned f4i rear shock and front forks and i just bought another hawk to take some parts off of thats in 2nd place for vtrotm strictly because I want parts from it like the braced swinger dr honda velocity stacks and a few other odds and ends... like i said you have a long way to go for the sickest ever... not saying you wont get there but that $10000 you were talking about is only a start I'm close to that mark but am no where close to the sickest ever... I'm sorry I was in no way trying to start a pissing match but you may want to wait for someone else to say your bike is the sickest ever before you get a big head about it...
I'd like to know where you got the Mori cams and O/S valves as I am putting together an engine package for the winter project.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Superstock

I got them from a member... the cams are tough to find and quite spendy... from what I gather the valves are next to impossible to find... email billf@hpower.com.au...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Squid

rkliemt is on a distinguished road
sad it is, i must say....it may be yours, but i have to say u achieved Simpsons poop instead
Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, its yours. You can do what you want.

But you did post it on a forum with guys who have spent hundreds of hours working on their bikes and made wacky claims of it being sickest (which it may be but for the wrong reasons).

If you thought you'd get applauded for turn signals and a zany paint job... Well good luck. I have spent far to much time wrenching, riding and racing bikes to respect it.

BTW this is nice and tame compared to what I would say in person. Trying to be polite.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 AM
www.SpitFireRecords.net
Squid

STILL NOT FINISHED...UGH! LOL

"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img160.jpg
"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img151.jpg
"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img154.jpg
"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-img158.jpg
Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 AM
www.SpitFireRecords.net
Squid

Im done arguing with internet thugs so kill that. Talk big to me in person I'll blow yo brains on the pavement...literally...F**k what u heard!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:05 AM
MotoGP

Dude your posts are confusing... what are you talking about? Blow his brains out for not liking your bike? Does he have to like it? How will you know what he looks like in person? Or will you just be super pissed at everyone who doesn't like your bike?

You even mention that some people might ask why you would do that to a bike... if you go through s-joe's posts, you'll know that pretty much anything that doesn't help the performance of the bike or make it safer for all the miles he commutes doesn't impress him.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Back Marker

20_rc51_00 is on a distinguished road
F**k what u heard!

this part is the best, like I/we have heard anything about you, care about you or are somebody that we should even give a rats *** about... sounds like a superinflated ghetto trash ego imo....
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Im done arguing with internet thugs so kill that. Talk big to me in person I'll blow yo brains on the pavement...literally...F**k what u heard!
No, you are not, really... If you are posting that, you are still in it...

While I first and foremost respect that it's your bike to do with as you please, what you have there is a mostly stock bike with a questionable paintjob... It doesn't make it "sick" in my opinion... It might make it sick though, without the quotation marks...

Yeah, 10k buys a lot of goodies for a bike, and I'm well past that and counting, but I won't trash my bike if I can help it... If that makes you more "sick" than me, you're welcome to it, I prefer to keep my bike then... It just tells me you have more money than brains, however much you have of both...

This bike has a few performance shortcomings that in my mind is more important to adress than slapping paint on the bike, but you seem to disagree, again if that makes your bike "sick", your welcome to it... I prefer going around corners flat out, the bike staying planted under me, than having an image of a "DUFF" beercan on the tank... Everybody's different...

But skip the tough guy act... I'm more than willing to discuss it in person if you like that better... And I'll say those same things over again then... Won't change much really... But if you go around trying to "blow people's brains out" as you say literally, you should do the world a favour, and blow yours out instead... Saves other people the trouble of doing it...

Around here we discuss bikes, and we respect the fact that everyone likes different things in bikes... You where given that respect... And if you can't handle giving the same respect back, feel free to go away quietly...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
So its just irratating when people talk crap cause thats something I just dont do to others.

But I guess thats what people do online....talk crap with their fingers cause they wouldnt do it in person lol. smh
Well I guess you didn't keep to this very long.....

You also seen rather bold on line with your last comment.....

But now we know what you competition is for the sickest bike ever and you still have a ways to go to catch up.....

"THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???-hellokittybusa.jpg

Good luck with it....
Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I was always told people fro m the Midwest were all polite and respectful I guess he's really good at killing stereotypes as well as people!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
907 Noble
Back Marker

AK Ronin is on a distinguished road
I'm still lost on him dumping 10 g's into his bike just to dump it and walk off.
Yeah, you're awesome. Way to have zero respect for what you have. If you actually put any work into it, you wouldn't let anyone get within 10 feet of it.

I couldn't care less what people say about my bike. I did my work not to make it look flashy, but to where I can respect it and my work. It's something I'm proud of. It seems like you have that part kind of figured out, but you still don't have any respect for it, which just means that you want people to notice it.

And I know I missed the boat on the badass bikes that have been posted on here before, such as tweety's and mkstr's bike. I just have to add Mdbuehler to that list with his beautiful bike and of course Sparxxx's HRC naked bike, which is one of the most amazing naked bikes i've seen, as well as 7moore7's naked, I didn't forget =p.

There are a lot of people on here that can teach you amazing things about this bike and give you a new found respect for it. Some of these people have dumped their lives into their bikes, and could list off every single piece they have on there with the date and time that they got it.

You're acting like a child. Leave that kind of showboating and mindset to the R6 riders.

There's a reason I have Noble across my bike.
I'm not just proud of what it is, but I'm proud of all the people on here that took their time to learn this bike and spread that knowledge to anyone else who's willing to listen.

Shut your mouth and open your eyes, It's time to learn Kid.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Superstock

WOW COOL DECALS!!!! That truely makes it a simpsons theme bike and pulls it all together... i love the red stickers around the rims they go awesome against the blue!! What did you do with the rest of the $10000? I wish i was tough rich original and smart like you!! Keep pushing and regurgitating the same bull **** the rest of the thug culture does... I blow money I dont care I ll kill you my ***** the best meanwhile you spend money on worthless paint and a gimick not a mention of doing anything to enhance the performance of the bike your mod list has maintenance in it are you gonna list each oil change on it? Youre a fake *** wannabe thug go spit fire somewhere else youre not impressing anyone here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaaR76hg0sk

Last edited by maniac2313; 06-07-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
If you have so much cash that 10k is nothing to spend on a bike..why did you start with a wrecked, 15 year old bike???? If you're such a baller and can throw cash around, why not a new 'Busa, ZX14 or 1000RR...all faster, lighter and a performance and show potential that a Superhawk cant come close to. **** just dont add up to me player....

If you think your ride is so sick....wait until I build my "Family Guy" theme bike...."Victory will be mine!!!"

Quick Reply: "THE SIMPSONS" HAWK???