Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Resurrection the PO forgiveness center

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 08:05 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Resurrection the PO forgiveness center

So I was given a couple of motorcycles so I thought I would start a new thread concerning the restoration and hopeful rebirth for all neglected bikes. I got a ts250 not sure the year yet, but between 73 to 75. Also got a wrecked yamaha maxim 650 81 I think. I am going to start by getting the ts going again it has a quarter size whole in the case which is why it was parked outside rotting when I found it and asked the owner what's up. I don't understand how you can mistreat things so badly as this, but since the bike was free I am sure I can find forgiveness in my heart.

Name:  projectcafe016-3.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  122.6 KB

Name:  projectcafe020-3.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  projectcafe017-3.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  156.6 KB

Not sure what I will do with the 650 I don't have the title for it yet but I will continue pestering the PO (Previous Owner). If I can get the title I think I may attempt to make a bobber out of it. A hard tail shaft drive . With out a title I will part it and consider using the motor in a wicked dirt shifter cart.

Resurrection its time for some new life.

Last edited by Little_Horse; 03-19-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
My neighbor gave me a 1982 Goldwing Aspencade 2 weeks ago.. He walked form his home and moved to texas...
It runs strong but needs a tire, battery and has a leaky diaphram. Other than those few things everything works. It starts up nice and all..I dont know what to do with it. It has no title.
Id like to get it road worthy some day but i also think i might take what i get get for it on craigs and be done.. Its nice though, free is nice..

I thought of making a bobber out of this bike as well.. If you yahoo image search goldwing bulldog youll see a sweet black and gold bobber..?? It only takes money i guess..
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM
SuperBike

I have seen that goldwing before it is pretty nicely done. Not alot of people are customizing goldwings. One idea I have for a goldwing build is a turbo cafe. I don't know if I ever will get my hands on one. Been keeping my eyes out for a cheap cx500 from the late seventies before the D versions for another cafe platform. I want to do a bobber, but the bike has to be right for that. Some bikes have the right frame shape to make good cafe's and some have the right shape for a bobber. If you mix it up the bike usually looks fugly.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lynchie
My neighbor gave me a 1982 Goldwing Aspencade 2 weeks ago.. He walked form his home and moved to texas...
It runs strong but needs a tire, battery and has a leaky diaphram. Other than those few things everything works. It starts up nice and all..I dont know what to do with it. It has no title.
I have always wanted a Goldwing, and I am working on a title for my Magna that I got for "free" also. There are various ways to get a title for a bike, but I am still trying here. Let me know what you are going to do with it, might be able to help you out.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

?

Originally Posted by ttocsmai
I have always wanted a Goldwing, and I am working on a title for my Magna that I got for "free" also. There are various ways to get a title for a bike, but I am still trying here. Let me know what you are going to do with it, might be able to help you out.
Well,so far ive been cleaning it up..cleaned out the old gas, Ive blown out the carbs, It idles and revs up very stong. It needs a little tlc.. Id love to ride it but i really dont need 2 bikes in my garage. I dont know what its worth ... i dont know if i should keep it or sell it to the next guy with means of fixin her up. My wife wants it gone, but the first time she rides on it she will love it. i could use the little extra cash and my garage space back for my truck. I dont know..

I should start a new thread and post some pics!! Sorry cornandp!!! didnt mean to steal your thread..Your bikes are nice.. maybe this should be the Free bike/ check em out thread....?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 PM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
On the Suzuki, I had a TS125J when I was a kid. The "J" meant that it was model year 1972, a "K" would indicate 1973 and so on. This may help you identify the year. JB
Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

Next induction to the PO forgivness center

See the fine Red machinery in the back there?? Camera Shy
Name:  IMG_4703.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  119.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4702.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  108.9 KB

Last edited by lynchie; 03-19-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
SuperBike

Thats what I wanted with the thread, an on going free bike and resurrection thread for everyone. I am not customizing the dirt bike so probably only a before and after shot eventually. It would cool to see how crazy some of us by the quantity and severity of our addiction.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
B R
Back Marker

B R is on a distinguished road
My best friend unexpectedly died last month. His dad said I could have his old '88 Yamaha YZ 250. It's not in great shape, & I haven't even picked it up yet. I have no real use for it, so I'll probably fix it up a little, get it running & then sell it. I'll give his dad whatever money I can get for it.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:39 PM
SuperBike

sorry about your friend BR
Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
SuperBike

I may already have a buyer for the ts250, I want the cash for that cx project I have going right now.