Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

"Athena"

Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Squid

LuvixDee is on a distinguished road
Smile "Athena"

Hi guys long time visitor but jus joined the site. I have a 1998 Honda VTR1000f "Superhawk" I LOVE vtwins!! Grew up around Harleys but Im a fan of sport bikes. So when I found the "Hawx" aka "Athena", my pet names for her, I instantly fell in love. My wife and I bought the bike a little over two years ago from the original owner. The bad part is the bike was a track bike. When we got her she had no signals, lights, stand and had been dogged for 52,461 miles. I did the routine tear down fluids, filters, plugs, wires, seals, valves, carbs, etc. Got the lights and fairings. Because it was a track bike it has a lot of aftermarket parts. Foxx Racing rear shock, steering dampener, adjustable foot pegs, fully straight piped exhaust, jet kit, etc. I had my concerns, as would anyone, but after many hours on the stand and a many many many many rants and checking these forums shes a beast.

Ride safe!
Attached Thumbnails "Athena"-img_20150111_233825.jpg  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Damn that has to be loud. I rode around with no mufflers (straight pipes) for a short while, and it got old very fast. Even living in Harley central, it was a little loud.

Sounds like a cool bike. Anymore pictures?
Old 03-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Being a track bike does not necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Many folks here use their bikes regularly at the track. Maintenance is key here.

If the bike is very well taken care of then you have nothing to worry about. I would prefer a track bike that has been babied, then someone who thinks because they don't use it a lot, replacing fluids is optional. Plus, track bike means chances are it has been used on sunny days, meaning, it hasn't seen too many rainy days, which causes more damage IMHO.

Oh yeh.....welcome, and, nice red ride.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:48 PM
Squid

LuvixDee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Welcome! Damn that has to be loud. I rode around with no mufflers (straight pipes) for a short while, and it got old very fast. Even living in Harley central, it was a little loud.

Sounds like a cool bike. Anymore pictures?

not many pics but I do videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsM...GnmO-eR8E7xrYA
Old 03-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Being a track bike does not necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Many folks here use their bikes regularly at the track. Maintenance is key here.

If the bike is very well taken care of then you have nothing to worry about. I would prefer a track bike that has been babied, then someone who thinks because they don't use it a lot, replacing fluids is optional. Plus, track bike means chances are it has been used on sunny days, meaning, it hasn't seen too many rainy days, which causes more damage IMHO.

Oh yeh.....welcome, and, nice red ride.
Yep. They were made to do that. The only thing it is hard on is brake pads and clutches.