Knowledge Base Feedback, Questions on Knowledge Base articles.

Thermostat Hoses... again

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Thermostat Hoses... again

Here I go again, I removed the PAIR, EVAP, and CAV systems off my bike and have figured all the lines I need to cap and plug BUT, The coolant line that is on the T-stat that faces aft just above the Temp Sensor.. uh, I dont know where it went. I have followed the manual and browed on here for a good while this morning and I dont know where I have gone wrong. Any help. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
That one goes no where..... if you look it is blanked off (the hole isn't drilled)
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Superstock

WOW, just wow. Thanks for that help. I really cant belive that I didnt remember that from last time, or take note of it this time, or even look at the damn fitting. Ha, and I work on F-18s... Somthing wrong with me. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
They designed that part on April 1st
Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Superstock

Ha! Yeah, they got me... twice.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Squid
WOW, just wow. Thanks for that help. I really cant belive that I didnt remember that from last time, or take note of it this time, or even look at the damn fitting. Ha, and I work on F-18s... Somthing wrong with me. Thanks!
Well it would have been worse if you did find a hose to hook to it.....

No worries but you do have to live with the fact an old jarhead pointed it out to you....... damn squids....

It just one of those cost cutting things, Use the same basic casting for as many parts as possible. the same reason for the faux CCT mounting points on the cylinders.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Superstock

Ha Ha, yeah... From the min I joined this site I wanted to try and keep an even playing field on the ol' navy vs marines... Dropped my guard and you caught me with my pants down . Thanks for helping me out with that. I was racking my brain, I read the Carb and coolant system removal and install 3 or 4 times, looked thu older posts and couldnt find anything out on it. Now I know why.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by 7moore7
They designed that part on April 1st
I used your build thread to look for that non existant hose and it seemed to me that you took a pic detailed pick of everything other than the t-stat. Where were you man? . Everytime I look at your build it makes me want to tear into mine and Just Do It.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Squid
I used your build thread to look for that non existant hose and it seemed to me that you took a pic detailed pick of everything other than the t-stat. Where were you man? . Everytime I look at your build it makes me want to tear into mine and Just Do It.
I'd always wanted to do something like the build too. The real "kick it into gear" moment was when I found a crack in the frame and people on the forum tried to convince me that this was dangerous, or potentially unsafe or something nonsensical like that and I had to take it apart to get to the frame...

Moral of the story is take a hammer to your frame, and then you have to take it apart!

A thermostat pic from that bike may have messed you up anyway... I have the housing mounted 180 degrees for the hose routing
Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Superstock

Nice moral. unfortunatly I think riding weather is just around the corner, Im having enough trouble deciding if i REALLY want to send my forks and springs out to get re-valved. When It rains weeks on end its hard to not have the bike ready for a day with ONLY 40% chance of rain . I just need another bike to be my project.