Knowledge Base Feedback, Questions on Knowledge Base articles.

MXB by Yuasa MXB12-BS Replacement Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Squid

nophr is on a distinguished road
MXB by Yuasa MXB12-BS Replacement Battery

ebay seller "bmcmark" posted the following info regarding a replacement battery MXB MXB12-BS for the Superhawk. I did not verify anything.
This is a battery made by Yuasa and packaged by MXB.. The MXB part number is MXB12-BS. The Yuasa part number is YTX12-BS. Honda distributes this battery under the Honda part number of 31500-MXB-032. Acid is included. Due to the corrosive nature of this product, we can only ship to the continental United States only.

country of origin = Taiwan
I bought MANY Walmart batteries for my old Ninja. None lasted longer than 18 months. I had an old BatteryTender than I used infrequently and/or religiously to no net change on the life of the Walmart batteries.

I tried a Westcoast AGM battery for my Ninja. It lasted 18 months. I used my replacement Yusa charger rated for AGM batteries on the Westcoast battery on an infrequent basis. The bike did sit for 3 weeks on occasion.

I had/have two Westcoast AGM batteries for my Miata. The first one lasted ~ 3 yrs. The second AGM battery for my Miata (actually the Westcoast AGM battery relabeled as a AutoZone Duralast (maybe "Duralast GOLD") is still working after ~4 years. The old Panasonic AGM battery for the Miata reportedly lasts 7+yrs.

The Yuasa YTX12-BS lasted a minimum of 3 yrs for me - I bought my Superhawk used so I don't know exactly how long, but I guessing only a few months longer than 3 yrs. I never used a charger on the Yuasa YTX12-BS, but it rarely sat for more than 2 weeks, seldomly 3 weeks.

The surest option from my personal experience appears to be the Yuasa (~$90 delivered), but I am thinking about the Taiwanese made MXB (<$54 delivered) as an experiment.

Anyone have any comments pro or con or know where I can get a real Yuasa cheap? Thanks.