Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

Road Atlanta Trackday 5/23-24

Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Road Atlanta Trackday 5/23-24

Just got back from Road Atlanta after doing a two day trackday with NESBA. What an amazing track. I took the RC51 and my friend Moe on a 1000RR. I was able to max it out down the back straight and learned how valuable tucking really is. Did have a lowside coming out of 7 trying to pass 3 riders on the outside but the damage was minimal. Sliding on your *** down the track is actually quite fun.

The track is fairly difficult to learn with 5 blind hills and is a very high speed course. My crash was the second session, second lap on day one. Cold tires, cold pavement thanks to the cloud cover and too much throttle transitioned from me dragging a knee to my leg then *** as I watched the bike sliding away from me still on the track. Non folding footpegs would have prevented a lot of the scratches but the frame sliders did well and were ground down to the fairing.

Day 2 began with a long night of rain and we woke up to drizzle and dense clouds. Most of the precipitation had all but stopped before the first session so I went out on the wet track and still had fun. I have never minded riding in the rain so long as there visibility and riding on a wet track was definitely worth it. Since everyone was going slower I was able to concentrate on lines, smoothness, and confidence. Hitting 140mph was no problem. After a long lunch (Bible Belt) we continued and the sun began peaking out. Dry track for the rest of the day!

Had a great weekend that was both humbling and confidence inspiring. Moe even let me ride his 1000RR for the last session which was shod with Pirelli Supercorsas. The RC had PP2CT's which were good but nothing compared to the Pirellis. The pep in the CBR was incredible. Glad he wasn't watching me in the back section riding wheelies through the gears out of turns. I will definitely be going back to this track again. Pics to come!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:58 PM
RIP Zy! You will always be in our hearts.
SuperSport

Blue Ridge Boy is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt in your wreck. I think a few friends of mine were planning on going to that trackday. You wouldn't of happened to see a chick on a red Triumph Daytona 675?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Hotbrakes.... That was you ! I saw a RC-51 down on the outside of turn 7 . Matter of fact in one my photos you can see me glancing to the left looking at you on the side of track instead of looking up the track like I should have been . LOL ! I am glad you & your bike were well enough to finish the weekend ! Let me know next time you head to RA . I am going to try to make it for the next date .
Old 05-25-2009, 06:29 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that was me. Were you on the 'Hawk? I was trying to find you in the pits and you rode by once with jeans on so I figured you were done for the day. Post some pics up here.

BRB- There was a 675 there and I think it was in fact red. The rider was in I group and definitely one of the faster people through Turn 1 where I was watching. Hard to believe that was a chick but if it was DAMN!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Yeah, that was me. Were you on the 'Hawk? I was trying to find you in the pits and you rode by once with jeans on so I figured you were done for the day. Post some pics up here.

BRB- There was a 675 there and I think it was in fact red. The rider was in I group and definitely one of the faster people through Turn 1 where I was watching. Hard to believe that was a chick but if it was DAMN!
Yeah , intro riders only get the sessions before lunch . I was prepared to go ahead and pay for the rest of the day , but I knew as soon as paid the $275 it would started raining and messed up the day for everyone . LOL So I just hung around and played pit bitch for other two guys that came with me . A couple of my pics are with my Road Atlanta report .....https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=18871 I plan on doing a full day there in July . Let me know if you head back down .
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
RIP Zy! You will always be in our hearts.
SuperSport

Blue Ridge Boy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
It probably was her. She just got that bike fixed up from a wreck in turn 5 about a month ago and wanted me to come down with her (damn you work...damn you!). She is one bad *** chick!