Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

Illinois SH Ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:15 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Illinois SH Ride

For all you IL SH pilots, lets set a date for a rally! I'm thinking Road America AMA race weekend June 6 ~8 http://roadamerica.com/races_ama.htm AHRMA is the following weekend, so in between they call it "Bike Week".

We can hook up north of Chicago & ride up to Elkhart Lake. Time is now (before 5-28) for discount tickets, camping and/or hotel reservations. I will coordinate and get out maps, etc.

Lets have a roll call for RA or suggestions for another weekend. I'm out the weekend of June 20 ~ 22 for the Flat4 tour, and of course Sept 12 ~ 14 for the Indy MotoGP. I may also be going to the Ozarks in steamy July.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
As much as I would like to do a nice long trip like that, I don't think it will work for me. I am planning a trip around Lake Michigan and I am busy most weekends this summer. I am definately up for meeting out. If it is nice, I will be going to the Full Moon this Sunday. I was there a few weeks ago and I saw some nice bikes there. A beautiful MV Agusta Senna edition I was drooling over.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alive226
As much as I would like to do a nice long trip like that, I don't think it will work for me. I am planning a trip around Lake Michigan and I am busy most weekends this summer. I am definately up for meeting out. If it is nice, I will be going to the Full Moon this Sunday. I was there a few weeks ago and I saw some nice bikes there. A beautiful MV Agusta Senna edition I was drooling over.
RA is only about 2.25 hours from Full Moon. I'm sorry but I laughed when you stated it was a "long trip", as I'll do 300 miles in a day just putting around southern WI. The idea is to cruise up there and enjoy the event and gets some miles in in pretty good country with fellow SHrs. The round the lake "tour" is actually pretty boring for half the miles.

BTW, Full Moon is the newish Highland House (Rt41 & Rt22). In the day, HH could have 400 bikes but FM maybe only half that. With gas prices where they are now, it may pick up for the possers .