Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

Daytona bike week

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I read on another site that the traffic on 95 & the Speedway exit can get crazy. Can U guys offer up additional routing? Maybe get off north of that exit & take LPGA Blvd West/South & then Rt 92 East?

Jeez I've not been in Daytona since '86, when a friend was @ Embry Riddle.

Ahh those were the daze...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Back Marker

19superchicken98 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shake-n-bake
ah... the good ol' sula mall

i pass right by there everyday on my way to work. i live right in port orange so bike week is a definite for myself. found a fellow blue hawker during biketoberfest but im not sure if he frequents these boards. i, myself, have been away from here for a long while. just decided to check in to see if anyone was getting together. it'd be nice to go ride with someone/thing other than a i4
You're in Po?! I work in south daytona I ride a matte black hawk with blue gear. I live in edgewater though.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
I read on another site that the traffic on 95 & the Speedway exit can get crazy. Can U guys offer up additional routing? Maybe get off north of that exit & take LPGA Blvd West/South & then Rt 92 East?

Jeez I've not been in Daytona since '86, when a friend was @ Embry Riddle.

Ahh those were the daze...
You can take 95 get get off at destanation daytona in ormand and take a left on US1
Name:  Untitled_zpsae36583c.png
Views: 110
Size:  1.06 MB
Old 02-21-2013, 11:41 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shake-n-bake
ah... the good ol' sula mall

i pass right by there everyday on my way to work. i live right in port orange so bike week is a definite for myself. found a fellow blue hawker during biketoberfest but im not sure if he frequents these boards. i, myself, have been away from here for a long while. just decided to check in to see if anyone was getting together. it'd be nice to go ride with someone/thing other than a i4
you're more than welcome to meet up with us just PM me your info and what days you will be going and we can meet up, there will be my red hawk full farring, my buddies blue hawk half farring and his girl on the naked red! the more the better!!! all we need now is 19superchicken98 to commit!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Umm...I'm awesome. Duh...
Squid

shake-n-bake is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 19superchicken98
You're in Po?! I work in south daytona I ride a matte black hawk with blue gear. I live in edgewater though.
if you take us1 to work, you pass right by my house by dunlawton lol. mine was copperish a while ago, its been flat black with just the stock headlight and no fairings for some time now. its going full on fighter as i type this (ducati tail, undertail exhaust, modified f4i shock and racetech spring, fork seals, relocated radiator, etc...). i set a deadline for myself that its going to be done hell or high water on the 6th. soooooo much to do lol. probably wont get to cleaning and shining things up, but at least itll be TOGETHER!!! im going to post up a build thread later tonight.

rather than pm'ing everyone that might be interrested in meeting up, my number is 386-214-9359. just text me. its not a matter of when i plan on going out for bikeweek, ill be out riding every day
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by sailorjerry
you're more than welcome to meet up with us just PM me your info and what days you will be going and we can meet up, there will be my red hawk full farring, my buddies blue hawk half farring and his girl on the naked red! the more the better!!! all we need now is 19superchicken98 to commit!
Dude of course I'll ride with you guys lol I'll let you know when I'll ride. I can ride ANY day after 5 when ever, you are you located sailor? and I'll let you know what days I'm off work during bike week, also shake I sent you a text, hit me up if you ever wanna ride. I sadly work 9-5 Monday-Friday and 9-1 on Saturday.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:20 AM
SuperSport

Dude of course I'll ride with you guys lol I'll let you know when I'll ride. I can ride ANY day after 5 when ever, you are you located sailor? and I'll let you know what days I'm off work during bike week, also shake I sent you a text, hit me up if you ever wanna ride. I sadly work 9-5 Monday-Friday and 9-1 on Saturday.

Shake i as well sent you a text. Im in orlando so i will probabaly only ride out on the weekends and if i do come out on a week day it wont be till late. Hit me up though so we can plan something out. 407-756-7915
Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got all my clutch parts in so I should be back on the road in time for B W, coming down from Gainesville, let me know if any northerners want to hook up to ride down. Pm me if anyone wants to ride down or while there.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by superhawk22
I just got all my clutch parts in so I should be back on the road in time for B W, coming down from Gainesville, let me know if any northerners want to hook up to ride down. Pm me if anyone wants to ride down or while there.
How much did your clutch parts cost? I think I might need a new clutch soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 AM
MotoGP

I pieced together Ferodo race fibers, Barnett metals and EBC springs for $135 on ebay, you can get a complete EBC race clutch with metals and springs, for $184. You can probably get away with just fibers and springs and maybe even just springs, but I figure if I'm going to open it up I,m replacing everything.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
You guys should look closely at your clutch components before dumping cash into it.

I say this cuz when I thought mine was worn I examined it to find there was a ton of clutch left. A quick bleeding of the line fixed it. Also, the springs ($10) could be tired, and replacement could solve the issue.

Any shop will hapily charge you for the work but why replace brake pads when they arent worn? Same goes for the clutch friction material.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 AM
MotoGP

I agree SJ, but like I said if I'm pulling it apart I'm upgrading. At least 1/3 of my miles are from drag strip and road course, not to mention the amount of time the front wheel spends in the air so even if they're ok, it doesn't take much more time to replace the plates.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 AM
MotoGP

Oh and my clutch is slipping so bad I can barely pull away from a red light, so at the very least it's springs.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Don't know what you guys do to these poor bikes but I still have the stock clutch in mine. Yes the spring have been changed but that is it. Name:  idunno.gif
Views: 100
Size:  4.4 KB
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM
MotoGP

Like I said, it's probably just springs, but if I'm in there figured, why not. Just curious Mike, how many miles do you have on yours?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM
MotoGP

Hmm. so if you pull your calipers and the pads look new you replace them? What if you check your tires? Replace em anyway? Chain? Sprockets?

You can yank the clutch out without even draining the oil and its an expensive part. You just tilt the bike. Sounds like you have been brainwashed by stealership "mechanics".

Yeah, its easy to just replace stuff but why blindly shovel cash at the problem? Thats not really intelligent analysis at all. I'm not saying its not what unknowing people do all the time, just that its not right.

No offense by it, my Mom does it with her car all the time, but she has no clue what is going on with the car.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM
MotoGP

I always do my own work, so no that's not it, we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 AM
MotoGP

With all the work and time I've spent on upgrades on this bike I will never sell it so why not have the piece of mind that I will never have to open it up for a clutch problem again?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Hmm. so if you pull your calipers and the pads look new you replace them? What if you check your tires? Replace em anyway? Chain? Sprockets?

You can yank the clutch out without even draining the oil and its an expensive part. You just tilt the bike. Sounds like you have been brainwashed by stealership "mechanics".

Yeah, its easy to just replace stuff but why blindly shovel cash at the problem? Thats not really intelligent analysis at all. I'm not saying its not what unknowing people do all the time, just that its not right.

No offense by it, my Mom does it with her car all the time, but she has no clue what is going on with the car.
No offense taken but yes in a way, I took the stock pads and calipers and pretty much gave them away so that I would have much better brakes so how is this any different?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superhawk22
Like I said, it's probably just springs, but if I'm in there figured, why not. Just curious Mike, how many miles do you have on yours?
Don't have an exact number as I always run on the trip meter but getting real close to 100K
Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 AM
MotoGP

Nice
Old 02-25-2013, 01:08 PM
SuperSport

I was almost positive this was a thread trying to get a group together to ride to bike week not to b*tch at this guy about changing his clutch..... I think yall should move to the rant section of the forum, cause thats all you're doing, he wants a new clutch he bought a new clutch and guess what hes going to put it in, his bike, his money let him enjoy it. just saying. So back to our topic, anyone else interested in a group meet in Daytona for bike week?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Back Marker

I was almost positive this was a thread trying to get a group together to ride to bike week not to b*tch at this guy about changing his clutch..... I think yall should move to the rant section of the forum, cause thats all you're doing, he wants a new clutch he bought a new clutch and guess what hes going to put it in, his bike, his money let him enjoy it. just saying. So back to our topic, anyone else interested in a group meet in Daytona for bike week?

Couln't have said it better >.< and I am brother.
Id set a date but I don't know anyone else's schedule
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Squid

Hahaha WIN

Last edited by shake-n-bake; 02-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Its alway fun when the forum noobs get mouthy......
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Squid

So you're coming down for bike week as well?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 AM
SuperSport

I too believe my clutch is fine

Umm If I can make it down there, who's got a room share or a couch to sleep on?

U provide sleep spot, I provide endless entertain of past travels, mi loca familia & amigos. Bonus, I'm a phenomenal wing man.

Trying to do this on the cheap. Don't really want to spend over $200. for a dump hotel.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
I too believe my clutch is fine

Umm If I can make it down there, who's got a room share or a couch to sleep on?

U provide sleep spot, I provide endless entertain of past travels, mi loca familia & amigos. Bonus, I'm a phenomenal wing man.

Trying to do this on the cheap. Don't really want to spend over $200. for a dump hotel.
How old are you compadre? I sadly live with my parents still but hey I'm 22 and don't have to pay rent and food ;D but you might be able to kick it at my house for a night or 2
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM
MotoGP

Once again Bob Marley, I didn't shoot the sherif. Just tryin to help a brotha out.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 AM
SuperSport

How old are you compadre? I sadly live with my parents still but hey I'm 22 and don't have to pay rent and food ;D but you might be able to kick it at my house for a night or 2
Well young buck, I'm probably ur parents age - LMAO

And a good line to use, when peeps ask ur age is

Old enough to drive, old enough to be driven.

I'm 46.

And I might take U up on ur offer, thanks. I'd probably be in the area on the 15th & the 16th.

Lastly, stay home - don't move out, its an ugly expensive world out there

uno mas

I'm still trying to figure out where to get tires along the way (if I make it)

What dealers or local mechanics do U use/trust in ur area?

Last edited by nnjhawk02; 02-26-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Daytona bike week