General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

WTF!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Squid

SuperMike is on a distinguished road
WTF!

I have recently experienced what i believe was a bit of noise from the engine that is probably from the CCT's. So after consideration I went online and found the APE's for about $50. I also found OEM for about $50 from service honda.com I decided to go with the OEM because i was not sure how tight to make the manuals and i did not want to cause damage. I got the packlage from FEDEX and inside was to guides for the camchain. I called back and they told me that those are the tensioners ande that the part i need with the spring is the lifter. Every other place and mechanic refers to the spring piece as the CCT. Now i have to pay for the shipping and a 20% restocking fee and pay shipping on the correct part! WTF! Should have just paid the extra and got them frm here. Why the different terminology?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:41 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Yet again, another reason to use your local dealership. You could have recieved a discount and got the parts cheaper in the first place. Plus you can have the parts guy help you out to ensure that you are getting the correct part(s). Guys, the online thing is not what it's cracked up to be.

Sorry for your luck, hopefully you'll get it sorted out quickly and get back on the road.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Why use stock ones again only to have them possibly fail on you? I'd take the ease of mind of the manuals over the stockers anyday.

The instructions for the APE's and how much to initially set them is on their package. Plenty of info on here as well.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SuperMike
I have recently experienced what i believe was a bit of noise from the engine that is probably from the CCT's. So after consideration I went online and found the APE's for about $50. I also found OEM for about $50 from service honda.com I decided to go with the OEM because i was not sure how tight to make the manuals and i did not want to cause damage. I got the packlage from FEDEX and inside was to guides for the camchain. I called back and they told me that those are the tensioners ande that the part i need with the spring is the lifter. Every other place and mechanic refers to the spring piece as the CCT. Now i have to pay for the shipping and a 20% restocking fee and pay shipping on the correct part! WTF! Should have just paid the extra and got them frm here. Why the different terminology?

I would just keep em and order the cct's "lifter" since after shipping and 20 % your gonna have 20-23 bucks into it and nothing to show. i use ron ayers online for my part numbers
they have fiche so you can give the numbers to the person on the phone andthey can't screw it up. sorry to hear about your wrong parts.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
Yet again, another reason to use your local dealership. You could have recieved a discount and got the parts cheaper in the first place. Plus you can have the parts guy help you out to ensure that you are getting the correct part(s). Guys, the online thing is not what it's cracked up to be.

Sorry for your luck, hopefully you'll get it sorted out quickly and get back on the road.
The online thing is fine, and often at least as good as it's cracked up to be, if not better, but you need to do your homework. There are just as many idiots at dealerships as there are online.
Still, there are times when there is no substitute for personal, face to face service from someone with whom you have a relationship.

In regards to this thread, I would send the OEM parts back and get manual tensioners.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:24 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately, based on the names on the Honda parts fiche, they sent you what you asked for.

I always go to the parts fiche first, get real clear about what I need and then order by the part number.

Jaime is right too. The parts man at the dealership can pull up the fiche and make sure you're ordering what you really need.

My local Honda dealer won't take orders over the phone, even with a cc #. They expect me to ride over there, order and pay, and then make another round trip to the dealership 3 or 4 days later when the parts come in.

The only time I bother with them now is when they have what I need in stock, which is almost never.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Squid

SuperMike is on a distinguished road
Yeah I am certainly learning a couple of good lessons here. I am just glad that the 20% restocking fee is on $100 and not like $500. So do the manuals have to be adjusted periodically or are they good once they are set?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
The manuals don't really need much adjusting once set. I think I have checked mine twice in about 3 years and they haven't needed adjustment.