General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Woman backing up car = Another Hawk on it's side

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Squid

Cursio is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Woman backing up car = Another Hawk on it's side

I had my Hawk parked along a wall in a parking house close to home, was away for ten minutes. The Hawk was parked behind another bike, and about five meters from the closest car.
Came down to take my bike for a trip ten minutes after, I see the Hawk on it's side.
Next to it, a woman (40+) next to her car with a smashed rear light.
She claims she never saw the bike coming , she crashed into the rear of the bike, causing it to tumble on it's left side.
Got some help from my buddies getting the Hawk on it's feet.

Casualties:
-Horn-switch touching tank when handlebar all way to the left (HOOONK!)
-Uneven pull when using front brakes
-Left fairing scraped in different places
-Rear light really loose
-Mirror scraped up and bent
-Clutch lever bent, scratches several places on the side.

This is only the damage I've seen so far, who knows? The radiator may be leaking, and the frame may be crooked.
I'm calling my insurance-company, and my local Honda dealer to get an assessment on the damage. At least, the woman is cooperative. The bike seems drivable though. But anyways
Something special I should think about?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Back Marker

HawkFanatic is on a distinguished road
pics pics pics
Old 07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
doubtful that a tip over would bend the frame, however it depends how quickly she stopped after the hit. Ride the bike and note if the alignment mark in front of the tank on the top triple clamp is centered. If it's not in the middle then something is likely bent, most likely the forks. Other than that visual inspection and short ride to see if anything is leaking. Did she run over or on anything or merely bump it over and stop immediately? That will help you determine severity.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I don't know how insurance works in Norway, but shouldn't her insurance pay for all damage.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
I know it's sexist to say... but seriously, women can't drive fo' ****!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Squid

rhorsley is on a distinguished road
+1, and my wife even agrees!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:30 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
This video says it all. I love the woman in the little green car trying to back into the parking spot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT7zM8XgXQ
Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Is that sexist? Just an accurate statement. We cant have kids & they cant drive. Fair enough. Who's idea was it to give them the vote? Or even citizenship or property holding rights? I had a broad almost back right over me until I pounded a dent in her trunk (literally in self defense) since bikes dont have reverse. When she got out of her car she said "I thought you saw me backing up". Yeah, ok, on a one way street with no room to go around. Nice
Old 07-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Squid

kfkraenz
I HATE inattentive drivers....

The BMW was less than a month old and I was shopping with the bike parked outside. Gone for less than 5 min. Came out, bike was on it's side. A guy came over and helped me pick it up... and gave me a license # and description of the blond lady in an Excursion that knocked it over. The frame was bent, I used the steering lock and the bars hit first which bent the neck. I filed a police report and the guy gave a very detailed account of what happened (short shoulder leangth blond hair, red low-cut shirt, screeming kid in the back). Cop had a hyabusa and seemed sympathetic to the cause....

I ran into the same cop a few weeks later. (I may have been speeding a little...) Cop told be about the excursion lady. She claims she didn't hit it, but did admit to being in the shopping center. Cop found a little bit of blue paint on rear bumper. That was all the proof required... she got leaving the scene ticket! My guess is she didn't even know, backed out of her spot into my spot and didn't bother to look....

Good news is her ins paid for everything, including deductable. Since frame was bent, it ended up being $8400 for the repair!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:17 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
supposedly men have more accidents , but statistically women hit more parked cars... go figure.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by nath981
doubtful that a tip over would bend the frame, however it depends how quickly she stopped after the hit. Ride the bike and note if the alignment mark in front of the tank on the top triple clamp is centered. If it's not in the middle then something is likely bent, most likely the forks. Other than that visual inspection and short ride to see if anything is leaking. Did she run over or on anything or merely bump it over and stop immediately? That will help you determine severity.
I will look into this, I have rode the bike a bit, and it seems technically ok. I think she just bumped into it, it doesn't seem like the bike has scraped much while lying on the floor. I need to get the damages taxated, before the insurance company can pay me anything... Hope it doesn't take too long.
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
I don't know how insurance works in Norway, but shouldn't her insurance pay for all damage.
Yeah, thats right! Her company pays for everything. In Norway it's illegal to not have insurance

Well, some women can drive, but not this one :P And not the ones in the video either, from what I can tell... But it's maybe a bit sexist to say that _no_ women can drive

kfkraenz: Wow, what a story. Kudos for the guy who helped you with the bike! $8400? Really much money! Quite extensive damages then! :O I hate hit & runners, hope she got what came for her...
Old 07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I think Danica Patrick is a good driver.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Originally Posted by comedo
Touché!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
I have my fair share of the moment dealing with 4 wheel driver. I was riding along at 40 mph and the driver decide he going to beat my bike out and he pulled out, it was a close call i jammed both of my brakes i even did a stoppy on accident wasn't a really high stopy maybe 2 feet off the ground but it was pretty close and i went on my way and the driver even flip me off and curse at me when its his fault. If we hit i'll be in the hopital or dead and he will only have a dent in his fender. Riding is too dangerous for us nowadays driver will get a 50$ ticket for killing a rider on a bike and the rider lost his life. Rediculous
Old 07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
that's why if anybody hits me and isn't kissing my *** instantly, I'm gonna KILL them. right then and there. and then I'll leave the scene in their cage. I don't care if its a 75 year old nun. if they give me lip, I'm gonna put my carbon fiber Astar GP plus thru their ****** head. sick of stupid cagers.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by comedo
Sabine Schmitz gets my vote for good female driving, everybody should watch this video

doomcookie: That's a sick story. The driver should have been put in a permanent cage, wonder what he would think about that...

Originally Posted by swordfish
that's why if anybody hits me and isn't kissing my *** instantly, I'm gonna KILL them. right then and there. and then I'll leave the scene in their cage. I don't care if its a 75 year old nun. if they give me lip, I'm gonna put my carbon fiber Astar GP plus thru their ****** head. sick of stupid cagers.
I see your frustration, unfortunatly, the consequences will be larger for you than them, for some strange reason...
Old 07-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
lol sword.. take your meds brother. calm down, light up a fatty and relax.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Squid

Update: Delivered my bike for taxation of the damage today, hope to get it back tomorrow, but I suspect a couple of weeks for the right parts to arrive, and for the dealer to put them on...
Old 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Squided
Back Marker

john3012 is on a distinguished road
A co worker of mine did the same thing last Friday. He decided to leave after he couldn't figure out who owned the bike. He is a douche. No more riding for a while.

Last edited by john3012; 04-07-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I cant spell.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road

So where's his helmet?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Superstock

Zedicus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker
I know it's sexist to say... but seriously, women can't drive fo' ****!
my wife can drive, but then i pretty much re-taught her after her mom failed to do it correctly. the main thing is getting them to pay attention to their surroundings. most women simply dont.

Last edited by Zedicus; 04-08-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
stop sign. car in front of me pulls out to turn left. i begin rolling my bike forward up toward the stop line. she gets part way into intersection then decides she doesn't have enough time to make it. slams car into reverse and drives right into me!

men statiscally have more accidents? oh wait, i'd bet that men statistically drive more miles too! i'd even bet that women have more accidents/mile than men!!!

reminds me of the old government ads for wearing your seat belt. "90% of accidents occur within 10 miles of home." no ****, 90% of the time drivers are within 10 miles of their home!!!

1 + 1 = 2
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Schnitzel
Squid

PHxS is on a distinguished road
+1 for Sabine Schmitz. I would do just about anything to meet this woman. <3
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
98' SH stock
Squid

Moehawk005 is on a distinguished road
the women in my can't drive either
lets do makeup and talk on ph while drivin'