SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   who should win? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/who-should-win-19952/)

JPP 08-23-2009 08:54 PM

My punk ass chef always in my face about his bad ass "Gixxer" 600 with chip and exhaust, blah, blah, blah shut the fu... up when we went for a ride the other day. All his, and the bikes whining couldn't match the off the line acceleration of the SH. He want's a ducati now.

uchi 08-23-2009 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Forde (Post 232339)
dude did you not already know the answer to this, they are middling 600s exept for the vfr which arent that quick but arent meant to be anyway they arent that type of bike

anyway why are you having to ask on here? did they all beat you on the street even tho your bike is a lot faster :p

hawk is something like 110 horsepower i think i aint looked up the figures to make sure, its the torque that really does it tho. twins never have that high a horsepower figure so dont have huge top end speed, altho the hawk does 150 a 1000cc inline four would be over 180mph, but the twins have a lot more torque for epic acceleration and when would you even be doing 150 really

i had a suspision. every time we had a chance to go and did there were excuses, oh i wasnt on it, i shifted gears and had no power in the next gear for some reason, blah blah blah so i was second guessing the bike. the rf i knew wouldnt stand a chance at all. infact after all the smack talk i saw him tonite and didnt say anything to him regarding it till another buddy showed up and first thing he said, so you guys race yet, haha. so i laugh and the guy on the rf is like no im not racing him. im like wtf were you not the guy who said youd beat me? so long story short we had a nice cruise tonite, got a little chilly, wish i brought the liner for my jacket out with me. but a real nice little cruise and had my first near mishap. pulled out of a local tim hortons, rolled into first gear a bit went for second, thought i was in second dropped the clutch and turns out the bike had not shifted gears as it felt to have had and i ended up back in first with a locked up rear tire, got a little squirely for a second. was weird because it felt like it had gone in. oh well. :)

what do you guys think of the brand new triumph daytona 675? my buddy has one brand new, gorgeous bike, makes like 127 whp. and the guy on the vfr said he was slapping him around pretty good through a few pulls. i dunno i thought with the power of these bikes and being a torquey inline 3 it should have had a decent chance against it. but from what ive been told those things are geared like crap.

uchi 08-23-2009 09:09 PM

oh another thing, what temps are your bikes running at? it was cooler tonite so i was seeing around 85 in the city, didnt notice what it was on the hiway but in the last week its been hot and humid and im getting about 93 or so on the hiway and about 103-105 in the city sometimes just over 100. all depending on the driving speeds

RK1 08-23-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by uchi (Post 232370)
oh another thing, what temps are your bikes running at? it was cooler tonite so i was seeing around 85 in the city, didnt notice what it was on the hiway but in the last week its been hot and humid and im getting about 93 or so on the hiway and about 103-105 in the city sometimes just over 100. all depending on the driving speeds

We're mostly American farenheight type dudes. Our VTRs run 185-200 highway on a warmish summer day.

Forde 08-24-2009 04:55 AM

triumphs are lovely i really want a triple for my next bike

my vtr temp guage is usually at the middle or just below it so i guess 90 degrees ish?? cools down a bit on a highway run

its hard to overheat these bikes with those beast radiators, my old ninja would be overheating in like a minute or two of sitting still lol

swordfish 08-24-2009 11:17 AM

if you do race the guy with the RF, watch it. it sounds like he's the type to crash before swallowing his pride. I've known a few. anyway my opinion here is you should be able to take them all under most circumstances especially in the corners. as for the 675, it's gonna be my next bike too. I rode a street triple adn I was really impressed with how much it pulled down low. don't know if the gearing is the same, but its got the goods.

uchi 08-24-2009 12:45 PM

Cool thanks for the info. I might toss my k&n back in. It ran better with it in there and its got covers for those big holes in the air box. Gonna see if we can richen the carbs up a bit today when I hit the local shop to have my chain looked at. Seems to have a bit too much slag for me. The rf guy is too slow to catch me to crash into me. He's too much of a conservative rider and all I have to do is crack her halfway and he won't try to catch up. He is however convinced his bike is a supersport.

comedo 08-24-2009 12:51 PM

The coolant temperatures you're seeing are normal. The fan should kick in at about 103 Celsius.

uchi 08-24-2009 02:48 PM

perfect it does that, thanks :) hey 2 things, i noticed. first on my way home from the bike place i started hearing something making a dragging sound from the front end, thought it might have been a rock so i took it home, checked the tire and nothing, but noticed at one spot i get a little squeek from what could be the front brakes. they look pretty straight and i dont see anything lodged in there. is it anything i should be worried about?

and secondly my mechanic cant place a sound so ill ask here. in all the gears, 6th being the loudest i hear a rattly sound. its definatly from the engine, he thinks it may be soemthing with the clutch but cold also be the timing chain but isnt too sure and said its not worth ripping apart as it may be nothing. but say im riding at 3000 rpm, if i just coast the sound goes away, but as soon as i give it just a little throttle i hear it. at first we thought it may have been the chain rattling around but now were not too sure what it is. chain was a little loose and is now tightened back up again. any ideas?

COLE 08-24-2009 04:00 PM

cbr600f41 dominates after 150 bc thats all my hawk has then 600 leaves me

fuzzuki 08-24-2009 05:41 PM

F4i is faster on top end.
He'll have a very hard time keeping up to over 220 or 240.

I had a good friend who had a very quick RF900.
It was a bit faster than my TL1000s.
And the TL is faster(way faster) than a VTR.
I don't know about the Rf 600. I would bet the VTR is faster.

The VFR would be faster on top end as well.

4 pistons working well together would be quicker.
The VTR is only a twin. 4 Cylinders usually win in the end.

cameron 08-24-2009 07:19 PM

yeah my friend has a 07 r6 and he cant pull on me till around 85-90mph. but then he wipes the floor with my 1000cc superchicken. those little 600 rr bikes are just amazing. if you want to go fast really fast get a inline 4. a 1000rr anything will stop just short of nose bleed speeds. but for real world riding ill take a v-twin sport anyday. but for all those new to the hawk the superhawk just wont win many races in a straight line. get this bike in the twisty stuff thats where this bike can hold its own. im constantly suprised at how far back in the mirrors those rr bikes get when the road throws a few curves.

uchi 08-24-2009 08:04 PM

i dont think i posted this yet, ill have to get the pics up later, went to get my chain adjusted today and there was a gsxr 1000 with a turbo there. 350ish whp. my buddy is the mechanic who worked on it, took it out to make sure everything was good and opened her up a little. said he damn near shit his pants. haha.

so tonite was very entertaining. first off we did a few pulls. 40 mph rolls.

first was me against the 675. he got a small jump on me, i prefer to play catchup if i can so that if i win there are no excuses. he got a small jump and i hung him through second, realised i wasnt at full thorttoel, opened her up all the way passed him into third and put some ground on him. he said he had let off at that point so we did 2 more pulls later in the evening. first pull same speed as before i got a small jump on him and stayed ahead the entire time. on the way back we did a second pull i was a length behind him when he cracked it, i hung him till third where i started to make up ground on him and was making up ground at a surprisingly quick rate. i figured for sure at that point i would have gotten stomped but i caught him and let off before passing him. had a run with the vfr. same speed again, he got a jump on me, we were neck and neck, second gear he put half a length on me if that, third gear dead even and through some of 4th the same way. not sure how fast we pulled to but it wasnt over 120 mph. but dead even. his second must just be a bit shorter than mine. and last but not least the 02 gsxr 750. has a pipe jet kit and k&n filter. i thought this thing was gonna stomp me into the ground being a 750 or atleast pull me hard up top. wasnt the case. did a 40 mph roll and i got a small jump on him, in second he made up a little ground and up to 120 mph he was behind me and wasnt gaining nor falling back. dead evening. shocked me. i thought for sure i was gonna get stomped long before then. really cool guy good to ride with. so yeah that was our evening. all done at an old local drag strip that we used to race on in our youth.

oh and the rf rider, hah, well he taled some smack so i threw out the challange, so he said i wont ckeep up through the turns with him. im not one to push corners when the sun goes down, jsut dont like it. but we did a mild run following a guy on a harley and he wasnt keeping up too well from the looks of things and when we gave him the lead he couldnt shake me at all. he did however try to race me at one point, we were doing 60 mph i was in 6th just cruising along when he hammered into second or third and took off. so i grabbed 5th not realising how slow we were going and after a few seconds took 3rd, quickly enough he stopped making up ground and when he noticed that i saw him let off. so me being the dick i am i paced him waiting for a rematch. didnt happen :)

uchi 08-25-2009 07:56 PM

my mistake at first someone had said it was a 750 turns out it was only a 600.