General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

wheel chocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Back Marker

blupleous is on a distinguished road
wheel chocks?

i looked for a previous thread on this.

does anyone use the "condor pit stop" or something similar? i have been looking around at what is out there. are any of them better than others? any bad experiences with these types of stands?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I use the Baxley Sport chock. Expensive as heck, but very functional. It also works well if you bolt it down into a truck bed or trailer.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
When I bought mine I looked for a long time for what I liked. My favorite is the Baxley Sport Chock, though IMO it's a bit pricey. I didn't like the quality of the Condor. I thought it was flimsy and too light. I ended up with a Wheeldock after spending a weekend working next to them at the BMW Rally Vendor Showcase. I also got a really nice deal on it as well. I've been extremely happy with it so far and it really locks the front wheel into place. I would have no qualms throwing the bike in the back of a pickup with the Wheeldock and one or two straps to keep the rear down. Best part of the unit is that you don't have to get a running start to get it locked in, since it sits level with the floor. It sells for $250 but you get free shipping. Check them out at www.wheeldock.com. They have a pretty nice video as well.

I have no interest in the company. Just a very satisfied customer!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Back Marker

wow! that thing is stinkin' fancy guess ill have to take a second out on the mortgage to get me one
Old 02-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Nah, just plop it on the Visa! hehe
Old 02-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

Wow! That Wheeldock is tres cool! I'm tempted to get one, just so my friend, who likes to "borrow" my stuff, can use the Baxley.

And then I can whip out that Wheeldock...KAPOW! BTW, I have those same Adidas shoes on this page:

http://www.wheeldock.com/default_wheeldock.asp
Old 02-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Back Marker

just checked on the baxley. watched the video. that has all the same capabilities it would appear. the price is a little better. a wonder how some of the lower priced(knock-offs) ones on e-bay will work? i am not a physicist but it does seem that the "cheapos" have many of the same characteristics(as the baxley). and we know the condor is a little flimsy. oh yeah and the "wheel dock" is $295 shipped. though i found some on e-bay same price after shipping or you can try the best offer route
Old 02-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator
World Champion

It depends on the Wheeldock you were looking at. The one for our bikes is $250.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Back Marker

well if you get a chance click on this

http://www.wheeldock.com/prod-sportdock.asp

is that the correct one? click on buy
Old 02-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Administrator
World Champion

hehe I'm a dumbass. You're right. We get the Wheeldock #3. I guess I was looking at the centerstand for some reason. Damn, I guess I really DID get a good deal. I paid $200 for mine.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Back Marker

nah just glad you guys are here. i just cant help going broke to save money
Old 02-03-2007, 09:42 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
The question I have is which or both? After my encounter with the motorcycle jack at the garage sale I was considering Pit Bulls. This Wheeldock is really cool. What would you chose and why? Stands for the front and rear are about the same money. If you had two bikes you could split the stands up - one for each bike. With the docks you would need two. The stands can't be used on a trailer. So what other situations would favor the dock over the stands and vice versa?
Old 02-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

Any of the chocks prevent you from removing the front wheel.

As for splitting the stands up, it's a no-no to put the bike up on the front stand alone. There isn't enough support to keep the bike upright.

I use the chock most of the time. Whenever I need to do some maintenance (eg, wheel changes) on the bike, usually it's up on stands.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator
World Champion

The chock makes suspension setup and adjustment a 2-person ordeal, vice 3 with one person holding the bike up. That's why I got mine.

FWIW, I also have a Powerstands rear, Pitbull front, and cheapo LP rear that I use on the Superhawk (pads vice spools). The 600RR usually gets the Wheeldock. The 1000RR gets the Powerstand. The VTR gets neither as it is literally wedged between a garage cabinet, the back wall, the tire changer, and the GTO!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Back Marker

just a little update. my new wheeldock arrived today. i purchased it for $280 shipped on e-bay from kingcold auctions. ordered on saturday received on thursday. works like a charm. thanks for the tip.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Back Marker

joshn569 is on a distinguished road
The codor is cool because you can mount it in you trailer with a quick release option, makes life easy when tie ing down a bike.

But we did have a brand new bike fall out of one on the show room floor over night because it was not properly set up.

check it out

http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/stand.htm
Old 02-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Administrator
World Champion

The Wheeldock has a quick release mounting system as well.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I have a condor for about 2 years and use both it in the garage and wth the quick release on a trailer. Its lightweight materials, but I would in no way describe it as flimsy. It has worked great for me and a buddy has one as well and is incredibly stable. Set up for the proper wheel size is important (as it would be for any of these) to avoid tipping and allowing easy removal. We've both been completely satisfied with them.

bill