General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What to sell????

Old 12-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Squid

LUKESHAWK
What to sell????

I recently bought a house and found out my wife is pregnant. I have six motorcycles now and I am trying to free up some money. My wife rides but will not be able to for the next year (for obvious reasons). Should I sell my Superhawk or my CBR?? input please. here are some deciding factors--

*CBR generally runs better and smoother(inline 4 compared to a twin)
*CBR better mpg
*VTR-it's a twin(enough said)
*VTR is in better shape physically
*VTR feels very "soft" compare top the CBR
Old 12-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What to sell????

First off, congrats on the new house and expected baby!

Need more info on the bikes... what type of CBR? And some more detailed info on each bike, ie. milage, modifications, condition, etc.

Later
Old 12-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road

Having owned both a CBR (F3) and a VTR, I would say the VTR is the keeper. I believe you said it best yourself - "VTR it's a twin (enough said)"

Oh, and congratulations on being a father!!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:50 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

I want to know what the other 4 bikes are before I offer an opinion.

FYI: I kept an 01 F4i for a whole whopping 6 months and am now on my second SuperHawk so you can probably guess what I'd recommend!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Squid

LUKESHAWK

Ok the VTR is really nice, I think it has two scratches(small ones) total. It is due for a lot of the routine maintenence, like tires, and chain and sprockets. I also want to get a steering stabilizer, gold valves, braided lines, ect... The VTR's power is so much more usable, and fun but...

The CBR (99 F4) on the other hand has light damage all over. It has had new brakes, chain and sprockets, air filter, and plugs. It really only needs a set of tires. Its only real downfall is the cosmetic damage. I have owned it longer and know more history on it(the person that owned it before me. The oil comes out clean every time and you cannot find a
carberated bike that runs any more perfect. It gets way better fuel mileage, starts better cold, idles smoother, feels faster, handles way better, and stops better. And believe it or not really feels more comfotable, the superhawk is a bit of a reach to the bars.

After listing all of the good CBR features, all I have to do is start the VTR to forget about them.

As for the other bikes I have I have decide to keep them. The main reason I picked a street bike to sell is because it will free up more money, and they sell fast and effortlessly. Now that you have read my novel here, what do you think?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road

It sounds to me like the choice is simple - keep the VTR. It speaks to your heart.

If you're really tight for money, then sell the VTR. With the F4, you'll save money on gas and insurance.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:56 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong

Keep the Hawk . Lifes uncertain and you might not ever get oppurtunity to replace it . JMO .

The CBR although good bikes have the similar character shared with Yamaha's , Kawasaki's ect in that size . Zillions of them out there .

But this is a Super Hawk forum betting you would get a different bunch of answers at the 14k rpm 600cc forums about the net
Old 12-13-2004, 12:07 PM
faz
Superstock

faz

keep the superhawk.

don't make any sudden changes to your lifestyle too soon after finding out news like these. Wait a while and see how things go.

I sold my beloved F4i too soon after being laid off. A big loss, especially after I got a new job and realized I didn't have to sell it to begin with.