General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Trackdaz nov 24th willow springs california?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Trackdaz nov 24th willow springs california?

Ok ....finally got round to booking a trackday on the superhawk. Any chance that someone from the forum is going?...it's next saturday nov 24th @ the big track willow springs california..(got to love sunny socal weather).
Old 11-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Back Marker

Fish is on a distinguished road
Been there.....and had a ball!!! Watch the last turn before the front straight!!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
Watch out for turn 9. Crazy fast. And if you loose it, you'll be introduced to the pit wall at somewhere above 120mph with only leather on pavement to slow you down.

I prefer the Spring Mountain Motorsports park in Pahrump, NV. More run off room and not quite as 'fast' of a track. Of course, it also only has about 5' of elevation change! the Big Track @ Willow kicks it's but for speed and elevation.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Superstock

great day

Had a great day @ the track on saturday weather was perfect for willow...no wind low 70's ...bike ran perfect...had new tires pilot powers & ebc hh pads and lines.
Bike handled really nice even with the stock suspension?...(i'm a light weight 165lbs). even saw another superhawk out there yellow bike.
I stayed in the B group all day (trackdaz runs 3 groups A being for racers,B for inter and C for beginers)...I was one of the faster guys in my group so got to overtake lots of people...lots of fun on a so called underdog bike.
Although I do usally run in the race group on most trackdays....But seeing as I rode to the track and wanted to ride home..also trackdaz has a lot of wsmc racers I did not want to get in anyones way.
I can't state how impressed I was with my superhawk (2005 model)..was so easy to ride....did not do anything wrong all day makes nice power very user friendly....brakes where ok.....can't wait to install the fork springs...and buy a rear shock in the new year.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

bdizzle is on a distinguished road
I rode to willow springs on sat. but i was at the walt st. james track, i was playin on the dirt oval with my modified. I forgot that you were at the track, otherwise i would of rode around the pits to look for a fellow hawker.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by speedkelly@aol.com
Had a great day @ the track on saturday weather was perfect for willow...no wind low 70's ...bike ran perfect...had new tires pilot powers & ebc hh pads and lines.
Bike handled really nice even with the stock suspension?...(i'm a light weight 165lbs). even saw another superhawk out there yellow bike.
I stayed in the B group all day (trackdaz runs 3 groups A being for racers,B for inter and C for beginers)...I was one of the faster guys in my group so got to overtake lots of people...lots of fun on a so called underdog bike.
Although I do usally run in the race group on most trackdays....But seeing as I rode to the track and wanted to ride home..also trackdaz has a lot of wsmc racers I did not want to get in anyones way.
I can't state how impressed I was with my superhawk (2005 model)..was so easy to ride....did not do anything wrong all day makes nice power very user friendly....brakes where ok.....can't wait to install the fork springs...and buy a rear shock in the new year.
Glad you had a great time, i always wanted to ride that track, but it is just tooo far from TN. I guess i will have to stick with Barber for now.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Superstock

BARBER

Yep ...Barber is on my list of tracks to do one day?.....
Also I saw a few of the cars drving thru the pits that must have been on the dirt oval...great big rear tires..kinda of cool old school thing?...
Attached Thumbnails Trackdaz nov 24th willow springs california?-vtr1.jpg