General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Texas area 'Hawk riders..

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Squid

speedfreek is on a distinguished road
Texas area 'Hawk riders..

I'm in Houston and have an '98 VTR 1000F.
Do lots of Texas area rides -- Houston, Galveston, Hill Country etc.

... Looking to set up an area ride group.

8) TJ 8)

PS: How do you provide your own custom avatar?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by speedfreek
PS: How do you provide your own custom avatar?
Go to User CP > Edit Avatar
Old 01-19-2007, 06:06 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I'm in Austin and would like to do more with others from the forum. Do you have a group of that you ride with now? Post up of any plans and I'll try to make it. It looks like another week of winter in Austin but after that it's going to be summer again, right?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I'm down by Corpus Christi. I can think of at least 4 or 5 in the greater houston area.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
NW Houston (Cypress) here.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
College Station here. Id love to go for a ride, but my SH is in pieces, I could meet up with some of yall on my Bandit so I can get a feel for the riding style that you have to take on the SH before I hop on mine once I get it back together. Lemme know when/where
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
Dallas County here
Old 01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Squid

jeremyjo is on a distinguished road
I would love to do some hill-country riding, but that's a solid 8 hour trip from Lubbock. I'd better start looking for an aftermarket seat...

-Jeremy
Old 01-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Squid

L-man is on a distinguished road
san Antonio here!

San Antonio here,,,,,,,give a call in advance. Got great day trips that will make you want to move here!
L-man out8)
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Squid

speedfreek is on a distinguished road
Cool

Good to see so many Hawk riders in "the great state"

I'm planning on setting up some rides shortly, and all
of you guys are invited!

(just waiting for the weather to clear up a bit and
for my new R1 R/R to come in. 8) )
Old 02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Squid

Motohead
Thumbs up

NW Houston (Tomball) here. So who's gonna plan this?
Old 02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
MotoGP

I'm in Speed! Just let us know. We could do a weekend or over night campout - someplace central like SA or Austin or Brenham - suggestions?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Squid

dive2277
SH rider in Katy, TX

Hey, I have been away for a while but am up for riding very soon. I live in Katy, TX and would love to get together with some other SH riders.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Squid

dive2277
Talking Hill Country ride

I say we stay in Kerrville, TX and take the Hill Country ride one weekend soon. The EconoLodge in Kerrville is about $39~45 a night, it’s an old Holliday Inn and that is clean and quiet, has plenty of secure parking. Plus all of the restaurants are right there as well so let’s do this soon!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
I live in Dayton ( east of Houston), but spend most of my time in Houston and in Clear Lake.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by dive2277
I say we stay in Kerrville, TX and take the Hill Country ride one weekend soon. The EconoLodge in Kerrville is about $39~45 a night, it’s an old Holliday Inn and that is clean and quiet, has plenty of secure parking. Plus all of the restaurants are right there as well so let’s do this soon!!!
I looked on Expedia.com and you're right. Little bar on site - several resturants close by. This is a good destination - especially for us Central Texas riders. There's lots of great roads in the Hill Country.

I'll get their phone number and try to find a weekend for a group just to see what they say. We could meet up for a ride Saturday afternoon, then chill at the motel that night - get up the next morning ride out to breakfast someplace then start heading for home by midafternoon. It's short but I think it would be really cool!

L-Man rides out through there with his church group and I'm sure we could get some routes from local bike shops. Great BBQ in Llano.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:36 PM
MotoGP

Econo Lodge - Kerrville: 830-896-1711 I talked to Jonathan and he says that they have groups on April 13/14 and April 20/21. All weekends in March are good and I assume that would also hold true for late February. Just to pick a number, I told him that we would be interested in booking up to 15 rooms. Those of us that are more local should round up some chase vehicles for bringing additional goodies that we can't haul on the bikes and maybe some gear for mechanical issues (gas cans). St. Patty's day is Saturday March 17th.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, Kerrville is a good town to base from: lots of hotels, resturaunts and great roads in most all directions.

Something to consider: we had a group ride there last April and it was freakin' crazy with HD's. I mean like thousands. I set a personal best record by passing about 75 in parade formation in ONE PASS! It was right before 16 gets real tight for those who need a "good reason" why I pulled such foolishness. Of course, a superhawk makes it seem like a completely rational decision. LOL
Old 03-04-2007, 04:30 PM
MotoGP

Moderator for this forum, TXSuperChicken will be home on leave from Iraq soon and I think it would be a real cool thing if we could throw a BBQ or something while he's here in Central Texas. He will be bringing his Superhawk out of mothballs for the duration of his time off. I can call the hotel again and check which weekends would be best for those that want to do an over nighter. The place sounded pretty cool. Later part of the month is the target.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
MotoGP

GREAT IDEA! but if you want him included, you'd better check his schedule first. I'm sure the wifey has some "plans" too! :-)
Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
MotoGP

They don't have family here and Kaye rides a Blvd. so we usually include her in our fun Hell we could even do a Sunday lunch here at the nursery for that matter. I can probably fit a hundred motorcycles in my parking lot, cars can park next door or on the street. I could just cater it in from the BBQ joint down the street. I don't care what or where I just would like to do something. I bet he's never seen more than 5 Superhawks in one spot in Texas.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:44 PM
MotoGP

The only way these things will work is to set a date/time/place and STICK with it. Trying to get the planets to align for everyone will simply not work. Those that can show, great.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:48 PM
MotoGP

Yup, I agree, Doug! If we can't do a trip everybody can come over to the nursery. His house is only about thirty minutes from here. Even driving the way he drives!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Yup, I agree, Doug! If we can't do a trip everybody can come over to the nursery. His house is only about thirty minutes from here. Even driving the way he drives!
Something wrong with the way I ride the SH or drive the Mustang????? I live for today, for as tomorrow some asshat in a SUV may cut me down with no advance notice...LOL

I think the wife would enjoy a day trip someplace to meet some new folks.. She enjoys riding her bike as much as I enjoy mine. Together it's just about,, well riding together. And she does not have a problem with me going for a Big Boys ride without her.. Just have to plan things right. In any case, I’m sure we could make it to a BBQ no issue. Heck if my boy wants to come along I'll let him ride double with me,,, that way no one gets left out on my end.

I think I'll be home on about the 13th-15th. My son is out of school till like the 19th,so those first few days are off limits. After that, it's kind of open, again, it's just a planning deal.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 AM
MotoGP

Sounds good, Erik! Just get your *** here and we'll take care of the rest!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
MotoGP

I checked with the guy (Randy) at the BBQ place down the street and he has an open date the 25th of March. That's a Sunday. The bikes wouldn't have to contend with the lunch crowds at the resturants and parking is reserved I have to give Randy a number so RSVP please? If it rains, everybody can drive over and we can picnic in the greenhouse. It's 6k square feet so we'll fit right in! I'm open to ride/routes and would appreciate some help in that regard. We could ride early/eat late or whatever everybody wants to do. I've been on some rides around Austin - mostly just out getting lost someplace. Putting together a "loop" takes a bit more knowledge of the country roads here than I have. There's a million of them and most are good in the hill country. What do you think?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
Im pretty sure I'll be able to make it. Might even be able to show up on the SHawk by then!! but if not, will I be shunned if I arrive on a Suzuki???
Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
MotoGP

Naw! Never with this group Bandit! L-Man will probably be here on his VTX and neighbor of mine will drive his VTX. Kaye's Blvd is a Suzuki. Friends of friends is fine with me. More the merrier!