General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Tank Grip Pads

Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Tank Grip Pads

Sharing this for all the other relatively recent owners of SuperHawks, who like me, may have noticed a lot of common after market items are no longer available for our bikes.

I wanted some Stompgrip tank grippers designed specifically for the SuperHawk. I have seen these and read about them so I know they were made. But Stompgrip does not currently list these on their website. I contacted their Customer Service Dept and they responded these are no longer available and they recommended a "universal sport kit" as a replacement.

Then I learned of Techspec and investigated their site. Again no SuperHawk grips listed on the website. Contacted their customer service dept. They report that even though the 'Hawk kit isn't listed on their site, it is in fact still available at $58.95 per kit. The center tank protector, normally $19 is available for $15 if ordered with the tank grips. I have not ordered yet but will be doing so soon. You can reach them at customerservice@techspec-usa.com
Old 11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Forgot to add in my first post- Techspec's website indicates they offer discounts on all their products for any of you who are active servicemen in the military.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:03 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Hey nice find... I've looked at that product many-a-time, but the universal kit turned me off enough to pass it up.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
Post up some pics when you get them! Been looking for some for a while.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaypo
Post up some pics when you get them! Been looking for some for a while.
here are mine with a couple years of dry-humping on em. If I recall correctly, you can pull them off and re-apply if necessary.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Wild Man
Back Marker

Matt_Hawk is on a distinguished road
Funny this came up-

I am new to the Superhawk forums and ordered the snakeskin ones from Tech Spec too. They had a kit made for my 2004 SH. I just got them and they look great. Service was quick. They sent them and then sent me a paypal invoice after they were delivered. Gotta love the honor system. They look really tough and durable.

I did see the stomp grip ones and rode a buddies bike with those. Those were clear and gripped really well. Almost- like too well. The kind you would want if the bars were lower and you rode really hard and did lots of hard braking. My sport bike friends like them a lot though. They did not have a kit for my Hawk.
Attached Thumbnails Tank Grip Pads-gripster.jpg