General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Tail Tidy

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Squid

Boubepo is on a distinguished road
Tail Tidy

Hopefully my SuperHawk should be delivered next week [I live in Spain]

In preparation I'm considering ordering a tail tidy, I've noticed on ebay the tail tidy on offer mentions cutting and fitting.

Has anyone fitted one of these? I fitted a tail tidy to my Speed Triple and it was a straight forward bolt on exchange.

How much cutting and butchering are we talking about on the SuperHawk?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 AM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
not sure which one your looking at but it requires cutting off the plastic piece that holds the license plate on and some i believe require trimming of the "tool holder" boxed section under the seat (not sure what to call it)...

like I said Im not sure which one your looking at but if you post a pic or a link I can garantee someone here has installed it and can give you a more specific answer.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Squid

Thanks Scottiemann I was looking at something like this

TAIL TIDY stage 2 HONDA VTR 1000 F Firestorm | eBay
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 AM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
that looks like a very nice piece... I thought you were talking about a complete undertail panel...

anyways from the looks of it you are going to be cutting off the piece where the license plate mounts up flush with the tail plastic because that has mounts for turn signals...

before you do your cutting though make sure you test fit your turn signals on the tail tidy so you know they fit correctly with no problems..
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Or you could do an undertail and change the whole look,

You can also cut out the plastic in the subframe and use sheetmetal to make a big "trunk". Mine can hold a 4ft chain & lock and tools under the seat.
Attached Thumbnails Tail Tidy-sss11.28.11-004.jpg  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Squid

Nice looking bike SmokinJoe!

I want to tidy the back of the bike and fix a 7 x 5.5 number plate [I can get away with it here in Spain] but I'm a little worried about butchering the rear of the bike and being unable to return it to it's original state
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Squid

Shanet88 is on a distinguished road
Hi there! I am also looking to fit a tail tidy to my firestorm but I dnt really want to start cutting away at the original number plate plastics. Is it possible to fit a tail tidy somehow without cutting? Can anybody help me? Here is a link to to the tail tidy I am thinking of-
Honda VTR1000 Firestorm Powerbronze Undertray
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Shanet88
Hi there! I am also looking to fit a tail tidy to my firestorm but I dnt really want to start cutting away at the original number plate plastics. Is it possible to fit a tail tidy somehow without cutting? Can anybody help me? Here is a link to to the tail tidy I am thinking of-
Honda VTR1000 Firestorm Powerbronze Undertray
No, you really cant fit that without cutting... The part where the numberplates sit now is smack dab in the middle of it, and the bump for the wheel goes about a cm above the bottom of the plastic trey in there now... And since the stock parts is one single piece from the battery tray and to the end, you will need to cut it apart...

However, there is a nice way to do it... Just make a nice, tidy cut which leaves the two mounting holes on the sides, and cuts away the tool area... Make it a U with the bottom pointing forward... And then just do what others would do... Buy a used oem piece on ebay if you need to go back to stock...