General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superhawk is gone...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Superhawk is gone...

Hey guys, been a member here a LONG time... and I might come back on another Superhawk in the future, but for now she's gone. I ended up trading the bike, and then turning that around and trading on a 2008 Ninja 250. The Superhawk had been an awesome warhorse for 8 years, and definitely didn't owe me anything. Totalled it once in 2004, and then again when I hit the deer in '09. I'm going through the toolbox and seeing what spares I've got... I do still have the VFR tank and rear portion of another VTR tank that I had planned to have welded together to re-mount at some point. That'll be going up over in the for sale section, as well as whatever other bits I've got. I'm going to be PCSing to Hawaii in August, so at this point I just need the stuff gone, so expect some smoking deals.

I'll keep sticking my head in from time to time, and hope to see you guys out and about.

Pictures of the bike leaving and the new quarter-liter that's going to force me to learn to carry corner speed here:

A changing of the guard.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
What year and color VFR tank you got? Also and how much you want for it?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by NHSH
What year and color VFR tank you got? Also and how much you want for it?
I can't remember the year offhand, I could probably research it on an old thread. I already had it mounted, but will have to look around to see if the mount is still in the bottom of the spare bolts & parts toolbox. It's black, and I have one possible buyer already... If he passes I'll list it over in the for sale section. Since you asked, I'll consider you the 2nd in line behind the current guy, and offer first refusal if I list it.

Also think I've got some clip-ons and a front wheel (minus rotors) in the garage as well, think stupid cheap. Gotta go through the stuff in the garage and see what's all there.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
awesome bike for carrying cornering speed for sure. Let us know how you like railing the corners w/o braking... it's a good time, but remember to adjust when you jump onto a heavier bike. Don't ask how i know this. Have a good aloha tour.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Galaxieman
I can't remember the year offhand, I could probably research it on an old thread. I already had it mounted, but will have to look around to see if the mount is still in the bottom of the spare bolts & parts toolbox. It's black, and I have one possible buyer already... If he passes I'll list it over in the for sale section. Since you asked, I'll consider you the 2nd in line behind the current guy, and offer first refusal if I list it.

Also think I've got some clip-ons and a front wheel (minus rotors) in the garage as well, think stupid cheap. Gotta go through the stuff in the garage and see what's all there.
Thanks, I was hoping it's red, but still interested.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Superstock

VFR Tank is gone. I'll try and get the wheel and other parts out for pictures and then box them back up while I'm cleaning stuff up in the garage this weekend.