General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superhawk frame sliders.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:10 PM
Squid

NoCats
Superhawk frame sliders.

I found these on eBay and thought I'd share. I might get some in the next month or two.

http://www.swsliders.com/index.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Back Marker

2Phaast is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhawk frame sliders.

I just ordered my today, and they told me I should get them by in a few day by regular mail..... Great customer service over the phone after ordering online.... I'll let you know how the install goes, etc after I get them......
Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Squid

NoCats

Yeah, definitely let me know how things go. Thanks. You're not the guy I see on Wed. nights at the Calabasas bike night are you? Now that I think about it, he has Yosh pipes. Have you ever been to bike night at the Denny's on the Sunset exit off of the 101? Whoa. If you've never been, it's something to see. There's gotta be at least a couple hundred bikes. The crowd is whatever, but there are some nice bikes. It usually starts at like 9 or 10.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Back Marker

VTRFISH

A friend of mine gave me his viwes on sliders. May enjoy this......"Why do you think they're called "sliders"? Because when the bike goes down at higher speeds....the nylon slider hits the pavement, scraps, heats up....and you ever put butter on a hot skillet?? The same happens."

I trust his view. He's raced for years and has never steared me wrong. He went on to say that the only thing they will do is help you in a low/no speed tip over.

Just my .02

Mike
Old 08-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Back Marker

Just a quick thought about sliders....... For the longest time, I wasn't real sure about getting some, then I came across a couple of pics of Colin Edwards and Nicky Hayes (think I got the names right) on their factory RC51's, and they got sliders..... So I figured it couldn't hurt to to have them..... never know.....
Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Back Marker

Just put on my new S&W Sliders (SWSliders.com). It took about 25 minutes cause the engine hanger bolts had some corrosion. No probs. Didn't have to take off the fairing like in the pictures, just took out the two lower screws which allowed the fairing to flex enough to get to bolts. Be careful when you tighten the bracket to the frame, so there is clearance btwn the slider and fairing. You'll need an 8mm allen driver to get out the engine hanger bolts; and a 17mm socket to tighten the slider bolt to the bracket. Got them within 3 days regular mail after ordering online.