Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Superstock

denmah
some onramp pics for my SH pals

Old 07-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Squid

Lonewolf
Wow.... resorting to riding onramps... I guess you must have some pretty lame roads in your area eh?
Old 07-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Superstock

mikecronis
Where's the SHawk? All I see is Kawi green.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Superstock

denmah
Originally Posted by Lonewolf
Wow.... resorting to riding onramps... I guess you must have some pretty lame roads in your area eh?
lol you guys are firey tonight.
an onramp is the easiest to make 40 passes on while your buddy takes pics.

instead of some mountain road pulled over somewhere unsafe, chill out man.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by denmah
lol you guys are firey tonight.
an onramp is the easiest to make 40 passes on while your buddy takes pics.

instead of some mountain road pulled over somewhere unsafe, chill out man.
Just for your info.. You do know that when you post pics to a web board your going to get a response?? And most likely you will not like them all, if any. If your not willing to except that,, perhaps you should not post them.

With that said,, you come to a SH board and post squidly pics of your self on a bike other then a Super Hawk..... What response were you looking to get?

1: Nice green bike you have there... DO you even own a superhawk?
2: Wow, letting it all hang out ,, in low cut, street shoes..
3: You do know,, that bike can be leaned over in a corner???? Right?
4: Hmm, Squid tricks on a public road, where you more then likely interfered with other traffic, were seen by voting, taxpaying citizens who now have an even lower regard for "them idiots on bikes"

5~9,999,999,999 other like responses.

Have fun with the bike,,, ride to learn, learn to ride.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
In Denmah's defense he just traded in a very nice superhawk for that very nice 636. nothing wrong with moving to some more modern conveinces.Keep sending new pics and enjoy your new bike dude!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:10 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TXSuperChicken
Just for your info.. You do know that when you post pics to a web board your going to get a response?? And most likely you will not like them all, if any. If your not willing to except that,, perhaps you should not post them.

With that said,, you come to a SH board and post squidly pics of your self on a bike other then a Super Hawk..... What response were you looking to get?

1: Nice green bike you have there... DO you even own a superhawk?
2: Wow, letting it all hang out ,, in low cut, street shoes..
3: You do know,, that bike can be leaned over in a corner???? Right?
4: Hmm, Squid tricks on a public road, where you more then likely interfered with other traffic, were seen by voting, taxpaying citizens who now have an even lower regard for "them idiots on bikes"

5~9,999,999,999 other like responses.

Have fun with the bike,,, ride to learn, learn to ride.
Denmah - Matt is my friend and he got a superhawk a week before I did back in october. His bike was ill and garunteed to be way nicer then yours. Full racetech treatment up front, penske rear, carbotech carbon fiber covers for the motor, carbon fiber front fender, carbon fiber rear mud guard, carbon fiber yosh exhaust, custom molded carbon fiber frame cover, jet kit, k&N, ape cct's, corbing leather seatk, and 107 whp. I also garuntee he knows more about the superhawk then you since he took his COMPLETELY apart when he did the ape cct's. His cam chain skipped a tooth with his old ones. Also:

1. you're an idiot. did you even bother to look at his post count? 174 posts... Uh yeah you think that was from trolling around posting 636 pics. Use your head
2. so? I bet he's a better rider then you...
3. uh he's about to scrape peg and lose his entire right shoe...
4. how is pulling an on ramp a squid trick?? i garuntee someone ripping an onramp hardly inteferes with traffic at all especially since that's not a mega busy area
Old 07-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by sprhawk neil
In Denmah's defense he just traded in a very nice superhawk for that very nice 636. nothing wrong with moving to some more modern conveinces.Keep sending new pics and enjoy your new bike dude!!!
Originally Posted by sprhawk neil
My apology’s….
Absolutely.. No Brand snob crap intended... Any one riding anything is Good in my book.

My post was just a commentary on the Post, reply, counter reply.. I see it all the time on another board I MOD.. People post something in a public place, then get a bit unhappy when others comment on what they posted.. which is why we post in the first place.

Truth is,, when I was 16 I did a lot of "On Ramp" cool guy stuff.. Then I got taken to the track,,, and life on the street looked different. I learned from friends.. who believed in riding at your limits,,,, riding with full equipment (and this was before it was (cool to wear gear), and they taught me,, being a squid on the street, only resulted in, trashed equipment. less money available to spend on the track bikes, entry fees. gas money, loss of license, ect ect.... Same reason I did not get in to drugs....

Bottom line..

Nice looking bike !!!!! Have fun riding it.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
1. you're an idiot
2. so? I bet he's a better rider then you...
3. uh he's about to scrape peg and lose his entire right shoe...
4. how is pulling an on ramp a squid trick?? i garuntee someone ripping an onramp hardly inteferes with traffic at all especially since that's not a mega busy area
1;No
1;Not likely
1;Not even close
1;Look at the pics

See my post above this one
Old 07-30-2006, 09:42 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by TXSuperChicken
My apology’s….
Absolutely.. No Brand snob crap intended... Any one riding anything is Good in my book.

My post was just a commentary on the Post, reply, counter reply.. I see it all the time on another board I MOD.. People post something in a public place, then get a bit unhappy when others comment on what they posted.. which is why we post in the first place.

Truth is,, when I was 16 I did a lot of "On Ramp" cool guy stuff.. Then I got taken to the track,,, and life on the street looked different. I learned from friends.. who believed in riding at your limits,,,, riding with full equipment (and this was before it was (cool to wear gear), and they taught me,, being a squid on the street, only resulted in, trashed equipment. less money available to spend on the track bikes, entry fees. gas money, loss of license, ect ect.... Same reason I did not get in to drugs....

Bottom line..

Nice looking bike !!!!! Have fun riding it.
are you a mod here? you've been here less time then him. Plus you're overusing the term squid. Squid is someone who is in it more for the looks, wears 0 gear or very minimal (i.e. helmet and gloves), and also typically is horrible in the turns. I don't see any of that and he was on my *** when we rode twisties and he later passed me going around a long sweeper
Old 07-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

are you a mod here? you've been here less time then him. Plus you're overusing the term squid. Squid is someone who is in it more for the looks, wears 0 gear or very minimal (i.e. helmet and gloves), and also typically is horrible in the turns. I don't see any of that and he was on my *** when we rode twisties and he later passed me going around a long sweeper
Nope not a MOD, (as you know) Also not my first time here, thanks to software that has had some hiccups.. Better yet,, Those that think post count has anything to do with knowledge ,well, My space is calling. Lastly.... My PM to the poster of this thread,, the only one that matters,, was sent... This is a dead issue......

As for Squid definition.. I’ll agree to disagree with you on that. .. Funny though,, most Squids often come up with a definition much different then non squids
Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 AM
SuperBike

so you're saying I'm a squid. lololololololololol
Old 07-30-2006, 10:43 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just some constructive crit. denmah. If you want to ride like that do it at a track and not an on/off ramp, I only say that because I know too many who've f'd up and tried to fly like superman. Sorry for the rant but now to the CC.
1. Get your *** off of the seat.
2. Get your toes on the pegs, it's no fun to scrape your feet.
3. Get your helmet over to where the mirrors are.
4. Put your shield down so you don't get hit by a bug and loose concentration.
5. I know you like them but get rid of the kahkis and put your knee out.
6. Buy some good riding boots like Icon superduty's.

All of these will keep you from having a sudden low side and keep your bike pretty.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

so you're saying I'm a squid. lololololololololol
Nope, I'm saying your definition of a Squid and mine differ.... Though my definition includes yours.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Smile

Originally Posted by superhawk22
Just some constructive crit. denmah. If you want to ride like that do it at a track and not an on/off ramp, I only say that because I know too many who've f'd up and tried to fly like superman. Sorry for the rant but now to the CC.

All of these will keep you from having a sudden low side and keep your bike pretty.
Said much better then I implied. No flame was intended in anything I posted.

Thanks superhawk22
Old 07-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I've often wondered if I could stay on the off/on-ramps for an indefinite amount of time. We've got some crazy clover-leafs here in Los Angeles that seem like they'd be fun. With no traffic, of course.

I have to agree with TXSuperChicken about trackdays. It is by far the most eye-opening experience you can do with a motorcycle (short of riding the thing off a cliff).

What he's trying to say is, ride nekkid! :P
Old 07-30-2006, 11:38 AM
MotoGP

BUTT of course!!
Old 07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Superstock

denmah
Originally Posted by marmaladeboy
What he's trying to say is, ride nekkid! :P
my birthday is coming up, and im gunna get some leather pants and pucks and sell my helmet and jacket get a jacket that zips to the pants etc, i have a set of boots, but not good riding boots, i want to get to a track eventually, troublesome now since i am between jobs...

thank you all for the Con-Crit. i always love it.

keep on bangin 2 cyls guys, ill still stop in every now and then.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Back Marker

kevink2 is on a distinguished road
I've often wondered if I could stay on the off/on-ramps for an indefinite amount of time. We've got some crazy clover-leafs here in Los Angeles that seem like they'd be fun. With no traffic, of course.
Not a good idea- there's a lot of oil laid down on those ramps from leaking beaters (especially in LA) trying to merge on to the freeway, not to mention guardrails if you lose it. The pavement is usually not really smooth from so much traffic, the aforementioned leaky spilled chemicals, and extreme heat, eating up the asphalt. Go to the track.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Back Marker

SillyHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
sell the 636 and get a green superhawk and post some pics of that...isnt there a Kawasucky forum somewhere? haha
Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
SuperBike

uh what? marm is a track fiend. that was a hypothetical question that isn't supposed to be taken seriously noob
Old 09-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

ROFL. Thanks for clarifying my statement.

Speaking of trackdays, I'm a bit tired of tracking the SuperChicken now. I can do things on the SuMo that would be ludicrous on the SH.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:48 PM
MotoGP

Speaking of trackdays, I'm a bit tired of tracking the SuperChicken now. I can do things on the SuMo that would be ludicrous on the SH.
I won't get tired of it until I'm getting killed, (hmm poor choice of wording ), in expert! I was really flying last time until I burnt my wheel bearings up!! Cheap friggin inner wheel collar spread out and wasn't sitting right.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:01 PM
SuperBike

ill buy your bike for $5
Old 09-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

I won't get tired of it until I'm getting killed, (hmm poor choice of wording ), in expert! I was really flying last time until I burnt my wheel bearings up!! Cheap friggin inner wheel collar spread out and wasn't sitting right.
Ohh, that thing? No problem. See, what you need to do is change the blinker fluid every trackday.

I still enjoy doing trackdays, but racing this past Saturday was a total blast. I completely forgot I was racing, and did a "regular" start off the line. I could not figure out why everyone was revving the snot out of their bikes...

ill buy your bike for $5

Nothing doin' mang! Besides, I've got a sweet new gas tank now.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
SuperBike

so you were actually racing tards this time? sheesh. i hate those events where everyone's considered a winner...
Old 09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

so you were actually racing tards this time? sheesh. i hate those events where everyone's considered a winner...
LoL

It's like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:10 PM
SuperBike

no but seriously you were racing?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

no but seriously you were racing?
Yep. Beginner class. Got worked pretty hard. 16 racers total, and I got lapped by about 7 of them.

In my defense, it was a brand new track (to me) and most of the other riders have some experience at that track.