Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Good thing is you walked away. There are always more bikes out there
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Glad it wasn't worse. Get better and nice to hear your not giving up on motorcycles completely....seems an incident like that can quickly turn motorcyclists into cagers.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Back Marker

kevink2 is on a distinguished road
Sorry about your injuries and bike... if I may throw in my two cents: I was T-Boned at an intersection back in 1998, when my bike was basically still new... I had mostly really bad soft tissue damage on my left leg and my bike was actually repairable. I decided to play nice guy and not sue the guy who hit me- I just wanted to get back on my feet and get my bike back. However in retrospect I should have gone after him (he lied about not having insurance on scene, and later his insurance company tried to blame the accident on me!). I was out of work for 1.5 months, was in a great deal of pain, and still suffer some funny tingling sensations in that leg. I hope your insurance situation doesn't get as messed up as mine, but make sure you stick up for your rights if the driver was at fault. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Squid

V-Raptor is on a distinguished road
Wow NH! I gotta say that the main thing on my mind is that you were never laid out! That's excellent (and amazing) bro! Can't say enough how good it is that you walked away in as good of shape that you did. Sincerely man, I know I'm new around here but it's reading things like this that make me think really hard about everything regarding myself riding (I'm pretty green when it comes to street biking).
My thoughts closely behind that are that I'm glad your Hawk took a big bloody bite outta the isuzu. Hope the driver suffered at least a mean *** headache too.

Here's to your fast recovery and getting back on 2 wheels.

G.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Back Marker

iamanonymous is on a distinguished road
are you always such a great guy?
pick that baby apart so you can transfer the parts.
damn.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
+1 on the wishes for a fast and full recovery. Amazing that you stayed up, and damn glad you got the support of the cops. Hope you're back in the saddle soon.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
nuhawk, very sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad to hear your alright I've been in a couple of bad wrecks and actually the best remedy is riding again. keep us posted on how you are doing I always look forward to your opinions on the site. best of luck.

Neil
Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Back Marker

nova_scotian_996 is on a distinguished road
keep ur head up...
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Back Marker

blupleous is on a distinguished road
sorry for your loss. hope you heal well. hope to see threads in the future
Old 02-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Ah ****....Doug ... Hope you recover quickly...Best Wishes
Old 02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Very Sorry about the whole thing Doug, But Very Glad to see you are OK. I Think you had a few angels on both sides of your hawk watching over you.

Get well my friend.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Doug's not married, IIRC, so it's okay.
that explains why he had the 'boys' with him, eh! married man has to leave 'em with the wife!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Squid

vtrlvr is on a distinguished road
I know the feeling man. It sucks. Mine kinda happened like yours did, but did not have nice police to work with. I was heading north on a 4 lane road doing the speed limit (45)and a SUV (toyota 4runner) was heading south and made a left hand turn in front of me. You know not a true stop and turn 90 deg but he was trying to beat me so he was rounding the corner off. I hit his front ride side of the suv. Me doing 45 him doing 25. I only had about 4 feet of reaction time. It was at night. Well anyways when i hit him my groin hit the tank so hard that it mad a dent in the metal gas tank the size of a softball. Front forks were in the engine and i was thrown 20 feet doing 2 front flips landing on my head 4 feet beside a telephone pole. Then when the cops got there this cop had a harley and hated our type of bikes. He told me that no one was at fault because there was no way to prove it. Boy, even though my legs clapped together but the opposite direction they are supposed to go, i came off that ground lunging at that dumbass cop for saying that. Well that is what i thought i did but my buddy told me all i did is crawl toward him cussing at him. Nausea! I got lucky they kid that i hit his dad was a insurance salesman and he knew that i could sue the pant off him. So his company paid for my bike and the trauma i went through. Lets just say i got lucky and am still able to walk around. (couldnt even move for 1 week). You definitely got watch out for yourself and other driving too. Good luck dude and be safe. (RIP honda VFR 750)
Old 02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
: tsk:

Thats really sucks, but at least your ok. Just means more spares for those of us who keep braking ****.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Superstock

denmah
as the rest of us will say, Bikes are replacable you are not! glad to hear that first and foremost you are ok!

very sad to hear your bike is gone.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Squid

L-man is on a distinguished road
Doug man o man I hate hearing about your mishap. but your alive !
I'll sell you my 2000 red for 4,000.00. brand new tires on her - 15,500 miles .
I'm close also ! Give me a call 210 383-4924. I'm leaving for the week thursday till monday. I'll be around tomorrow and wed. till 4:30
give a call if you want to take a look!Sport bike ain't for me .
replaced the clutch on my Vtx and it's all I need.
I'll say a prayer for a speedy recovery Dude!
L-man out
Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vtrlvr
Then when the cops got there this cop had a harley and hated our type of bikes. He told me that no one was at fault because there was no way to prove it. Boy, even though my legs clapped together but the opposite direction they are supposed to go, i came off that ground lunging at that dumbass cop for saying that. Well that is what i thought i did but my buddy told me all i did is crawl toward him cussing at him.
Yeah, that's what gets me... we assume almost all the risk of riding... cars pick us off regularly... and we get that kind of crap from the so-called "public servants".
Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Superstock

night before last we lost a harley rider here in titusville. drunk with 5 dui's and no license took his dad's truck to the store for a pack of smokes and pulled in front of a tourer on US 1. t-boned truck, dead biker, $16,000 bond, and I heard he made bond. DA's pushing for the maximum sentence...wait for it...15 years !?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BIRDOPREY
night before last we lost a harley rider here in titusville. drunk with 5 dui's and no license took his dad's truck to the store for a pack of smokes and pulled in front of a tourer on US 1. t-boned truck, dead biker, $16,000 bond, and I heard he made bond. DA's pushing for the maximum sentence...wait for it...15 years !?
That's F'n BS!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22
That's F'n BS!!!!
Ditto to those sentiments.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Back Marker

fundgh is on a distinguished road
I got merged into a couple of years ago by an uninsured motorist who never stopped. A witness followed him and took his plate number and gave it to the cops who found him responsible. However, because he didn't have any insurance, and I was only carrying liability; I have yet to see a dime. I am still persuing a law suit to recover my losses; and if nothing else, to show him that you have to be accountable for you actions. The worst thing is that I got a lot more insurance after that , but I recently read my policy and it states that they will NOT pay on an accident caused by an unisnured motorist if they do not contact the motorcycle. In other words, even thought dufus caused me bodily injury and destroyed my bike and was driving without insurance ( he has yet to be accountable because I didn't have uninsured motorist), my insurance wouldn't cover it anyway. People need to be held accountable!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Superstock

proving that the insurance co. are not in the business of insureing but the business of making money. asswipes.