General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Questions for UK Riders

Old 04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Squid

macarthor is on a distinguished road
Questions for UK Riders

Tell me if this sounds crazy or not. I'm attending a conference the first weekend in August in Edinburgh and was considering hiring a motorcycle for some sight-seeing as I'll be solo - a once in a lifetime kind of thing. The only decent places I'm finding online to rent a bike are in London, so I figured I could take a few days getting up to Edinburgh, and a few coming back. The few questions:

Is there anything to watch out for with the bike hire companies - specifically Raceways Motorcycle Rentals - if you've heard of them?

Is it necessary to get reservations for places to stay ahead of time, or can you find places along the way that time of year?

Do they use radar for speed enforcement? Are detectors legal?

Besides riding on the left (do plenty of that here already), is there anything else to know about riding in the UK?

Thanks for the advice. I feel guilty lurking for so long, but I appreciate the info the site has provided helping me create a sweet Superhawk and avoid all the BS getting it that way.

I know I saw a couple Denver area members here - let me know if you're up for a ride this summer.

macarthor