SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   projector group buy? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/projector-group-buy-21276/)

archaicguy 12-19-2010 01:56 PM

I see gixxerjohn has not been on site since march, this is unfortunate as I would be interested in this conversion. I am curious though if the stock hi/low switch on the bike is still used for this mod.

uchi 12-19-2010 04:18 PM

actually mine works with the flapper, the bulb stays turned on all the time and a flapper opens up. it works fine at first but as you mentioned when it gets hot it acts up and i usually need to hit a big bump to get it to kick into high beam

uchi 12-19-2010 04:19 PM

johns still around, if youre interested in a light i can get him to come on here and take a look

Tweety 12-20-2010 05:42 AM

Actually uchi, no the bulb isn't always on even if you see the light all the time... It looses power for a millisecond when you flick the switch... And since it's not off long enought to reset the ballast before turning on again, the ballast goes bonkers, and is either on, or off but draws huge current, and the soleniod gets starved and can't pull the shield... As I said... Easily cured with a diode that keeps the ballast from trying to reset...

archaicguy 12-22-2010 03:22 AM

Uchi, I see that you have changed your setup and the cost was 180. Maybe I will look into that option and attempt to do this myself.

salmanilla2000 12-29-2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by uchi (Post 288917)
johns still around, if youre interested in a light i can get him to come on here and take a look

Hey Uchi,

Can you ask John what a bi-xeon, angel eyes? Thanks.

uchi 01-04-2011 07:53 PM

thanks marcus ill do a diode setup this winter, ive got nothing else going on so ill include this in my winter tinkering.

ill send this link to john right now for you guys.

also, i changed my setup, i bought a projector that didnt work out for me and john put it in, his work was great, the projector i bought just wasnt great so the one i have now is much better, i was using a kit bulb and some projector that was from a car that im guessing was a halogen unit, but now its sorted out :)

gixxerjohn 01-05-2011 04:36 AM

Well i told you to go with the setup you have in there now, but you wanted to do it the other way.... ohh well, at least we know the stuff i told you to use, and i do use for the set ups is the correct stuff lol

archaicguy, you can do the work your self, but as most ppl who get into this stuff, they usually prefer not to do it solo, as its a pain/time consuming....

but if you decide you want it done, lmk, im sure we can figure something out

cheers

salmanilla2000 01-05-2011 01:11 PM

Hey gixxerjohn how much for a a bi-xeon, angel eyes setup?

uchi 01-05-2011 02:22 PM

yeah you did, i bought the stuff originally and was gonna do it but you did a pretty solid job on it. and just so you guys know, john is very anal with these things, my light looked fantastic up close and even when pulled apart it was a clean install. this isnt one of those things you want to tackle yourself if you arent anal about lining things up. last thing you want is the projector to be in the housing a little crooked and your line is then twisted to one side

archaicguy 01-05-2011 04:33 PM

PM sent John. Thanks uchi

Bearshawk 01-18-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by uchi (Post 290049)
yeah you did, i bought the stuff originally and was gonna do it but you did a pretty solid job on it. and just so you guys know, john is very anal with these things, my light looked fantastic up close and even when pulled apart it was a clean install. this isnt one of those things you want to tackle yourself if you arent anal about lining things up. last thing you want is the projector to be in the housing a little crooked and your line is then twisted to one side

Uchi can you still get ahold of john? its the dead of winter here in MN and i am getting the itch to do some mods on the SH let me know! ill PM you too just in case you dont see this

salmanilla2000 01-18-2011 10:52 AM

Me too. Same as above.

uchi 01-18-2011 02:56 PM

hey guys, ill pass the message on to him, im sure hes been busy with stuff he moved into a new place recently so hes bee scarce, but ill pass the message on to him.

gixxerjohn 01-18-2011 04:14 PM

sorry guys, pls send me an email since im hardly ever on here with work and the new house...

2k3gixxer 1000 @ gmail . com

no spaces

Cheers

Shane702 07-16-2012 04:33 PM

hey im looking to get this done... is he still around doing this?? or any way of getting ahold of him?? i live in vegas, and night riding lights is a must.. and this stock light looks like a mini mag flashlight.. only had bike 2 weeks and almost been ran over twice... thanks for response!!

- Shane

gixxerjohn 07-16-2012 04:41 PM

Hey all... email me if I'm not on here

kneedraggin101 @ gmail.com

and ya i still do them all the time

Shane702 07-16-2012 04:49 PM

awesome. emailing you now