General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Price of front/rear wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Squid

crazybrit
Price of front/rear wheels

Whats the going price? I have a spare set of wheels I'm thinking of selling. When I only had one bike and did a lot of track days 2 sets made sense. Now I have 4 bikes and only use the VTR for the track.

May as well sell a set. Guess whether I do depends on what they are selling for these days. Good condition. True (don't ask how many non straight eBay specials I went through before I got these) with good rotors. 43t rear sprocket in good condition.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:00 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I have bought some wheels and I think as long as they are in good shape - no scratches below the paint, straight as you say, spindles intact and rotor flanges flat and straight - they are worth $300 to $400 a set. Tires on the wheels are more of a liability to the new owner than not unless they're new and you're willing to just about give them away. Shipping used rubber of any kind is worthless or just plain costly. Bare wheels will ship cheaper and arrive ready for the new owner so it's better to pay to have them stripped before you ship and charge more for the wheels. The rotors are worth something but not more than $50 and the same for the sprocket but probably only a $25 kicker. I could not agree more that having more than one set of wheel/tire combos is a good thing. I have been collecting parts for my sets. I aim for one set of medium to aggressive street tires and one set of canyon carvers. It can get expensive quick even using stock rims. If you consider rebuilding the bearing sets in front, having dedicated rotors (waves for the canyons - lites for the street) and rebuilding the guts of the rear - you're talking some pretty choice change and some shop time. I have also considered making the addition of different sprockets in the rears so you would have to have a chain to go with each wheel set. One (what I'm using) 15/41 for street and the canyon set at 15/43. This also assumes that you have the lifting apparatus for making these set changes easily (pitbulls). Start putting numbers behind this simply equipment variation/convenience and it's easy to spend a couple grand. There is some saving grace for us as the kid's f4 runs the same tires/wheels as the Superhawk so we can share.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Squid

crazybrit
Well, if anyone is looking, I guess drop me a line. As you say, rubber isn't worth shipping. I'll pull the BT020s off there (have my own tire changer so thats easy). Feel kind of weird selling them, even though I'm way more into dirt these days (950A, SXC, KDX) I still have a soft spot for the Hawk.