General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Pizza and beer???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

crackerjackman is on a distinguished road
Pizza and beer???

Is there anyone in the Seattle area that services there own hawks??? Im looking to have my hawks carbs synced and adjusted correctly. maybe even see if the timing is off??? The reason is that A.) I have not had the carbs serviced since I got the bike, B.) I dont have time or the money to spend at a shop due to being busy and starting a new job. I can provide pizza and beer and a fun personality to be around.

P.S. Also cause im a lil special and dont know how to do it myself and am willing to learn, If this interests someone please PM me thanks.

Philip
Old 12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Squided
Back Marker

john3012 is on a distinguished road
Wow, what a proposition. Sounds exciting!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

Not trying to sound like a cheap ***. Some of us dont have alot to give back. I figure everyone needs a meal and a cold one to down after a long day doing whatever.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Hahaha!

Don't give up your greeter job at Walmart for any reason. I give a lot of **** away, but I don't do it for losers. My time, my parts, my shop - I've let it all hang out.

You want help, earn the respect of those that can help you.

you remember the David Letterman reference to "sidewalk gravy"?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

Dont watch David Letterman or very much TV for that matter cause I am to busy supporting my family. Ppl want to critisize me, thats fine. Doesnt bother me none. Was just asking for help and what not.

Nuhawk,

You say if I want help then to earn the respect of those that help me right??? How is that to be accomplished when its ppl like you that make a newb like me not want to ask for help due to the harsh and dick responses they get. Not picking a fight just saying That everyone comes from different walks of life some have more than others some dont. I fall into the catagory of not having much. I bust my *** to provide for my family and then put me after them. So try not to be so harsh on a newb will ya.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:25 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
if i knew what i was doing, and lived a little closer i'd pitch in for you.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:05 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
Wow. This is the most hostile response I've read so far. As far as I can tell, this dude mostly wants to hang out and learn from folks who know their a$$es from their elbows. There's nothing wrong with that. Could he have offered something, erm, more substantial than beer and pizza? Sure, but big deal? If you don't want to help, then don't respond. Why **** on his picnic?

Gosh. --R.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Damn cold response Nuhawk,

I am willing to help you out, I find myself in the seattle area frequently to visit my dad. He also owns a hawk and would probably not mind seeing some maintenance done on one. I have owned my hawk for a good long while and am very familiar with the fueling system. Sync etc. Do you want me to let you know when the next time I will be available up there?

PS I don't care about the pizza or beer, we should be willing to help anyone we can, if we can, without the expectation of re-payment. That's what should make this community cool and I am willing to actually do it. Let me know.

Andrew
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Were I in the area I'd be down for that.

It is fun to work on a few bikes at once, plus it gives reference points between the bikes for those of us who don't work in a shop, but like to do our own maint.

However AZ is a bit far from WA. :P
Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
SuperBike

crashrat and cornandp, that's more like it!

the first couple responces reminded me of gixxer.com, and that is not good.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Deus vult!
Back Marker

Mr Toad is on a distinguished road
Perhaps pizza and beer is simply a metaphor.

We're all riding VTR's, not MV Agusta's. I don't think we should scare off newcomers with elitist attitudes - we don't have that cachet.

That being said - the first step of any new owner should be to purchase a shop manual. The VTR is suprisingly easy to work on if you take your time and do some research. If you have a question try to be specific - "I need someone to fix my bike" only adds fuel to the flames.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Back Marker

Kators is on a distinguished road
Hahaha!

Don't give up your greeter job at Walmart for any reason. I give a lot of **** away, but I don't do it for losers. My time, my parts, my shop - I've let it all hang out.

You want help, earn the respect of those that can help you.

you remember the David Letterman reference to "sidewalk gravy"?
Wow...just wow. A guy posts on here for help and you thrash him for it...just wow. On a side note, he is from Texas, not sure if they teach manners there or not... I generally try and ignore posts like that but, man, a bit harsh responding to a guy that was just asking for a little help.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
Hmmm....I'm a bit far away to help, but I'd love working on someone else's bike instead of screwing up my own!

LOL...if anyone in the Charlotte area ever needs some assistance, I'm down for it. Heck, my boys and I tinker on all my bikes a lot. No sense not helping others out. I can't tell you the number of tires I've changed in my garage.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

[quote=Crashrat;245607] As far as I can tell, this dude mostly wants to hang out and learn from folks who know their a$$es from their elbows. There's nothing wrong with that.

My point exactly, I should have specified that I am willing to learn. and Am a visual learner that why I said if someone that knows what they are going could do it for me. I have a manual except that this is my only set of wheels so if I F up then in really screwed. LOL!!! BTW thank you guys for backing me up I was about to just find another site to get help from. I really like this site, its fun, friendly(for the most part)and there are lots of folks on here that know these bikes inside and out. Thanks for all the help!!!

Philip
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
How does the bike run right now? Did it sit for a long time? If it did you might be surprised how much better it might run by simply removing the carbs and cleaning them. I feel you on shop costs. $75 bucks an hour adds up fast and should come with a free jar of vaseline sometimes.

Anyway good luck. Doug is a cool guy I'm not sure if he was yanking your chain or what. It is certainly generous of someone to offer to do it for you. I personally love doing stuff for folks for free. My personal view is when I'm given a gift of knowledge I love to share it with others...makes me feel wonderful. Also probably why I'm broke...

Last edited by captainchaos; 12-08-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Kators
Wow...just wow. A guy posts on here for help and you thrash him for it...just wow. On a side note, he is from Texas, not sure if they teach manners there or not... I generally try and ignore posts like that but, man, a bit harsh responding to a guy that was just asking for a little help.

i could not agree more.

nuhawk, i'm surprised by your post and i hope it was just due to you having a bad day(really bad) or something. i don't remember you being a smart *** before. everybody has shitty days and i won't hold that against anyone.

phil - i noticed you hadn't posted again and i was worried you were scared off. good for you for sticking it out.

am i sounding like a softie? i guess i'm getting softer as i age(socially and PHYSICALLY!)
Old 12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
MotoGP

Oh we all have our days, good and bad.. For my part, I am willing to give nuhawk some slack for an unexpected response, but I am also going to stand up and say that we should be nice to the new guy too!

Just remember everyone that we are on a public forum, so expect both the occasional outburst, and that what you say will be seen by all.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

Cornandp and I have been talkin. Trying to work out the details on meeting up and what not.

No I am not scared off I have been lurking around since I signed up in may. I did have to put the bike up for collateral on my womans Accord and we just paid off the loan last month. Only have had the bike back since the begining of this month. The bike was sitting since mid june. Ran some sea foam through her and it helped. It just makes me sleep better at night knowing that the mixture is all correct and stuffs.

Im calling Nuhawk out here......I forgive ya man its all good no hard feelings.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
Aye, I for my part don't want this thread to be a pack-on-Doug screed. We all probably need to take a deep breath and thank the old timers who continue to explain what CCT means without alienating new folks coming off the street. There are some fantastic mechanics, riders, and enthusiasts on this forum. Let's be cooler people, too (And give folks slack when they're feeling a bit PMSy)
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
I can vouch for Doug being a good dude. Maybe he took the original post in a different way than it was intended, or just misread the OP's intentions.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Mike996
I can vouch for Doug being a good dude. Maybe he took the original post in a different way than it was intended, or just misread the OP's intentions.
Indeed, he is a well respected member here, and that may be why he got as much of a surprised response to his post.

Whenever reading something online, if there are two ways to interpret something, and one of them pisses me off.. I assume they meant it the other way.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
Well Cracker, A) I wish I lived closer so I could lend a hand or even rbing a 6 pack to learn, even more important B) wich I knew what the hell I was doing first. But after this post post I think I will figure it out the hard way. Not worth the bullshit.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by AdamK
Well Cracker, A) I wish I lived closer so I could lend a hand or even rbing a 6 pack to learn, even more important B) wich I knew what the hell I was doing first. But after this post post I think I will figure it out the hard way. Not worth the bullshit.
Oh be brave! What's the worst that can happen? :P
Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
MotoGP

Just as a service to the folks reading this.. you can get a PDF of the service manual here:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=11365

That and a read through the knowledge base of sticky threads will give you a good set of tools to know how things work in our bikes.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lazn
Oh be brave! What's the worst that can happen? :P

Good point. Regardless of what ever kind of crap is thrown around in here, the knowledge is insane.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AdamK
Ahh... id just give him a chance to respond. He has helped me out on numerous occasions, and im a tard when it comes to my bike, and he was very patient with me. Im guessing he just misread the original post. Posting on a forum is just like sending a text message. its emotionless and can be taken several different ways. (like lazn said)
Old 12-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

I dont give up easy and i was raised better than to let things get to me. Thats why I forgave Nuhawk. Life is just life i always say and sometimes it just hits someones day like a freight train....=)
Old 12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
SuperBike

aaahhhh, i feel the love!!!

good comment about posts being tuff to pick up on the tone.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:56 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by crackerjackman
I dont give up easy and i was raised better than to let things get to me. Thats why I forgave Nuhawk. Life is just life i always say and sometimes it just hits someones day like a freight train....=)
I would be happy to help, and, unlike some here, I give **** away all the time and it's quite often to losers. I don't give anything away I can't afford to give away.
Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the country, so I don't think crackerjackman and I are going to get to spend any buddy time together wrenching on the Super Hawk.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Squid

c-dub is on a distinguished road
OK- my best friend came to my crib, brought the beer, did cct surgery-jet tweaks on the s-hawk, and we chilled out and shot the isht on the old pimp days... i am a lucky street ***** no doubt!.. doesnt even own a hawk... just a straight pimp.... lol

Quick Reply: Pizza and beer???