SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Pizza and beer??? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/pizza-beer-20944/)

crackerjackman 12-07-2009 05:19 PM

Pizza and beer???

Is there anyone in the Seattle area that services there own hawks??? Im looking to have my hawks carbs synced and adjusted correctly. maybe even see if the timing is off??? The reason is that A.) I have not had the carbs serviced since I got the bike, B.) I dont have time or the money to spend at a shop due to being busy and starting a new job. I can provide pizza and beer and a fun personality to be around.

P.S. Also cause im a lil special and dont know how to do it myself and am willing to learn, If this interests someone please PM me thanks.

Philip

john3012 12-07-2009 05:41 PM

Wow, what a proposition. Sounds exciting!

crackerjackman 12-07-2009 06:25 PM

Not trying to sound like a cheap ass. Some of us dont have alot to give back. I figure everyone needs a meal and a cold one to down after a long day doing whatever.

nuhawk 12-07-2009 06:27 PM

Hahaha!

Don't give up your greeter job at Walmart for any reason. I give a lot of shit away, but I don't do it for losers. My time, my parts, my shop - I've let it all hang out.

You want help, earn the respect of those that can help you.

you remember the David Letterman reference to "sidewalk gravy"?

crackerjackman 12-07-2009 06:47 PM

Dont watch David Letterman or very much TV for that matter cause I am to busy supporting my family. Ppl want to critisize me, thats fine. Doesnt bother me none. Was just asking for help and what not.

Nuhawk,

You say if I want help then to earn the respect of those that help me right??? How is that to be accomplished when its ppl like you that make a newb like me not want to ask for help due to the harsh and dick responses they get. Not picking a fight just saying That everyone comes from different walks of life some have more than others some dont. I fall into the catagory of not having much. I bust my ass to provide for my family and then put me after them. So try not to be so harsh on a newb will ya.

finepooch 12-08-2009 04:25 AM

if i knew what i was doing, and lived a little closer i'd pitch in for you.

Crashrat 12-08-2009 05:05 AM

Wow. This is the most hostile response I've read so far. As far as I can tell, this dude mostly wants to hang out and learn from folks who know their a$$es from their elbows. There's nothing wrong with that. Could he have offered something, erm, more substantial than beer and pizza? Sure, but big deal? If you don't want to help, then don't respond. Why piss on his picnic?

Gosh. --R.

Little_Horse 12-08-2009 07:16 AM

Damn cold response Nuhawk,

I am willing to help you out, I find myself in the seattle area frequently to visit my dad. He also owns a hawk and would probably not mind seeing some maintenance done on one. I have owned my hawk for a good long while and am very familiar with the fueling system. Sync etc. Do you want me to let you know when the next time I will be available up there?

PS I don't care about the pizza or beer, we should be willing to help anyone we can, if we can, without the expectation of re-payment. That's what should make this community cool and I am willing to actually do it. Let me know.

Andrew

lazn 12-08-2009 09:04 AM

Were I in the area I'd be down for that.

It is fun to work on a few bikes at once, plus it gives reference points between the bikes for those of us who don't work in a shop, but like to do our own maint.

However AZ is a bit far from WA. :P

finepooch 12-08-2009 09:38 AM

crashrat and cornandp, that's more like it!

the first couple responces reminded me of gixxer.com, and that is not good.

Mr Toad 12-08-2009 10:44 AM

Perhaps pizza and beer is simply a metaphor.

We're all riding VTR's, not MV Agusta's. I don't think we should scare off newcomers with elitist attitudes - we don't have that cachet.

That being said - the first step of any new owner should be to purchase a shop manual. The VTR is suprisingly easy to work on if you take your time and do some research. If you have a question try to be specific - "I need someone to fix my bike" only adds fuel to the flames.

Kators 12-08-2009 10:46 AM

Hahaha!

Don't give up your greeter job at Walmart for any reason. I give a lot of shit away, but I don't do it for losers. My time, my parts, my shop - I've let it all hang out.

You want help, earn the respect of those that can help you.

you remember the David Letterman reference to "sidewalk gravy"?
Wow...just wow. A guy posts on here for help and you thrash him for it...just wow. On a side note, he is from Texas, not sure if they teach manners there or not... I generally try and ignore posts like that but, man, a bit harsh responding to a guy that was just asking for a little help.

NCDave 12-08-2009 11:26 AM

Hmmm....I'm a bit far away to help, but I'd love working on someone else's bike instead of screwing up my own! :D

LOL...if anyone in the Charlotte area ever needs some assistance, I'm down for it. Heck, my boys and I tinker on all my bikes a lot. No sense not helping others out. I can't tell you the number of tires I've changed in my garage. :)

crackerjackman 12-08-2009 11:34 AM

[quote=Crashrat;245607] As far as I can tell, this dude mostly wants to hang out and learn from folks who know their a$$es from their elbows. There's nothing wrong with that.

My point exactly, I should have specified that I am willing to learn. and Am a visual learner that why I said if someone that knows what they are going could do it for me. I have a manual except that this is my only set of wheels so if I F up then in really screwed. LOL!!! BTW thank you guys for backing me up I was about to just find another site to get help from. I really like this site, its fun, friendly(for the most part:D)and there are lots of folks on here that know these bikes inside and out. Thanks for all the help!!!

Philip

captainchaos 12-08-2009 12:20 PM

How does the bike run right now? Did it sit for a long time? If it did you might be surprised how much better it might run by simply removing the carbs and cleaning them. I feel you on shop costs. $75 bucks an hour adds up fast and should come with a free jar of vaseline sometimes.

Anyway good luck. Doug is a cool guy I'm not sure if he was yanking your chain or what. It is certainly generous of someone to offer to do it for you. I personally love doing stuff for folks for free. My personal view is when I'm given a gift of knowledge I love to share it with others...makes me feel wonderful. Also probably why I'm broke... ;)

finepooch 12-08-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kators (Post 245664)
Wow...just wow. A guy posts on here for help and you thrash him for it...just wow. On a side note, he is from Texas, not sure if they teach manners there or not... I generally try and ignore posts like that but, man, a bit harsh responding to a guy that was just asking for a little help.

i could not agree more.

nuhawk, i'm surprised by your post and i hope it was just due to you having a bad day(really bad) or something. i don't remember you being a smart ass before. everybody has shitty days and i won't hold that against anyone.

phil - i noticed you hadn't posted again and i was worried you were scared off. good for you for sticking it out.

am i sounding like a softie? i guess i'm getting softer as i age(socially and PHYSICALLY!)

lazn 12-08-2009 12:40 PM

Oh we all have our days, good and bad.. For my part, I am willing to give nuhawk some slack for an unexpected response, but I am also going to stand up and say that we should be nice to the new guy too!

Just remember everyone that we are on a public forum, so expect both the occasional outburst, and that what you say will be seen by all. :D

crackerjackman 12-08-2009 12:43 PM

Cornandp and I have been talkin. Trying to work out the details on meeting up and what not.

No I am not scared off I have been lurking around since I signed up in may. I did have to put the bike up for collateral on my womans Accord and we just paid off the loan last month. Only have had the bike back since the begining of this month. The bike was sitting since mid june. Ran some sea foam through her and it helped. It just makes me sleep better at night knowing that the mixture is all correct and stuffs.

Im calling Nuhawk out here......I forgive ya man its all good no hard feelings.

Crashrat 12-08-2009 12:50 PM

Aye, I for my part don't want this thread to be a pack-on-Doug screed. We all probably need to take a deep breath and thank the old timers who continue to explain what CCT means without alienating new folks coming off the street. There are some fantastic mechanics, riders, and enthusiasts on this forum. Let's be cooler people, too (And give folks slack when they're feeling a bit PMSy) ;)

Mike996 12-08-2009 12:58 PM

I can vouch for Doug being a good dude. Maybe he took the original post in a different way than it was intended, or just misread the OP's intentions.

lazn 12-08-2009 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mike996 (Post 245699)
I can vouch for Doug being a good dude. Maybe he took the original post in a different way than it was intended, or just misread the OP's intentions.

Indeed, he is a well respected member here, and that may be why he got as much of a surprised response to his post.

Whenever reading something online, if there are two ways to interpret something, and one of them pisses me off.. I assume they meant it the other way. :D

AdamK 12-08-2009 01:06 PM

Well Cracker, A) I wish I lived closer so I could lend a hand or even rbing a 6 pack to learn, even more important B) wich I knew what the hell I was doing first. But after this post post I think I will figure it out the hard way. Not worth the bullshit.

lazn 12-08-2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by AdamK (Post 245704)
Well Cracker, A) I wish I lived closer so I could lend a hand or even rbing a 6 pack to learn, even more important B) wich I knew what the hell I was doing first. But after this post post I think I will figure it out the hard way. Not worth the bullshit.

Oh be brave! What's the worst that can happen? :P

lazn 12-08-2009 01:12 PM

Just as a service to the folks reading this.. you can get a PDF of the service manual here:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=11365

That and a read through the knowledge base of sticky threads will give you a good set of tools to know how things work in our bikes.

AdamK 12-08-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by lazn (Post 245706)
Oh be brave! What's the worst that can happen? :P

Good point. Regardless of what ever kind of crap is thrown around in here, the knowledge is insane.

Mike996 12-08-2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by AdamK (Post 245704)

Ahh... id just give him a chance to respond. He has helped me out on numerous occasions, and im a tard when it comes to my bike, and he was very patient with me. Im guessing he just misread the original post. Posting on a forum is just like sending a text message. its emotionless and can be taken several different ways. (like lazn said)

crackerjackman 12-08-2009 01:18 PM

I dont give up easy and i was raised better than to let things get to me. Thats why I forgave Nuhawk. Life is just life i always say and sometimes it just hits someones day like a freight train....=)

finepooch 12-08-2009 01:57 PM

aaahhhh, i feel the love!!!

good comment about posts being tuff to pick up on the tone.

killer5280 12-08-2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by crackerjackman (Post 245713)
I dont give up easy and i was raised better than to let things get to me. Thats why I forgave Nuhawk. Life is just life i always say and sometimes it just hits someones day like a freight train....=)

I would be happy to help, and, unlike some here, I give shit away all the time and it's quite often to losers.:) I don't give anything away I can't afford to give away.
Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the country, so I don't think crackerjackman and I are going to get to spend any buddy time together wrenching on the Super Hawk.

c-dub 12-08-2009 03:57 PM

OK- my best friend came to my crib, brought the beer, did cct surgery-jet tweaks on the s-hawk, and we chilled out and shot the isht on the old pimp days... i am a lucky street whore no doubt!.. doesnt even own a hawk... just a straight pimp.... lol