General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Passenger Peg Bracket Interchange

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:58 AM
BlueBirdin'
Squid

Storm_Chaser is on a distinguished road
Passenger Peg Bracket Interchange

Mounted Micron High Mounts and in the process they delete the passenger pegs. This is unacceptable to the lady so does anyone know of any passenger peg brackets that have the correct bolt hole spacing? From a quick run down on ebay it looks like some 99' CBR900RR or 03/04' CBR600RR pegs might work. They just need to come out and down a bit to clear, no sweep forward or back is necessary. Short of machining some new ones, thoughts?
- SC
Old 04-27-2014, 12:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Short version-Many (but not all) aftermarket systems came with longer bolts and spacers to move the pegs out past the mufflers. You would either have to find them used or go to a bolt supply house (the ones from HD and Lowes are too short) and make your own.
Attached Thumbnails Passenger Peg Bracket Interchange-16907d1397402532-fs-rear-pegs-w-integrated-turn-leds-jardinespacer-jpg.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 04-27-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:45 PM
BlueBirdin'
Squid

Should have added, I already checked into that, for the stock ones to work I would need 100mm spacers, at that point I'm cutting tube to length which is ok. However, that is a lot of leverage being placed on the sub-frame and it is not a through welded bung, only half.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Storm_Chaser
Should have added, I already checked into that, for the stock ones to work I would need 100mm spacers, at that point I'm cutting tube to length which is ok. However, that is a lot of leverage being placed on the sub-frame and it is not a through welded bung, only half.
Point taken but I've never heard of anyone having an issue with this. Devil, Leovince, Jardine, Mig, Indigo, etc all sold their exhausts with the spacers and longer bolts.

Last edited by captainchaos; 04-27-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Point taken but I've never heard of anyone having an issue with this. Devil, Leovince, Jardine, Mig, Indigo, etc all sold their exhausts with the spacers and longer bolts.
+1

I am currently running Jardine high mounts, with the spacers provided from Jardine and I want to say they are 60mm spacers and I have done 5th gear standups pre loading the front and rear end before hand and I have never had an issue of them feeling unsafe/unstable. Not to mention I weigh 220lbs.

The tubing wouldn't be the best idea IMHO, you would want something that fits the bolt nice and snug so the spacer can't shift any.

Last edited by sailorjerry; 04-28-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
I have exactly the same problem with my 2BR high pipes. The stock footpeg would go thru the center of the pipe, and by the time I shim the bracket mount enough to clear, it's too far out to be viable.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sailorjerry
+1 I am currently running Jardine high mounts, and I have never had an issue of them feeling unsafe/unstable. Not to mention I weigh 220lbs
+2. I ran the Jardines for several years, and 2 up with my wife. She'd climb on [the bike ] all the time w/ no issues placing all her weight on one peg first. If I had to guess she was 120-130ish. Mine looked just like the picture captain posted.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by FTL900
I have exactly the same problem with my 2BR high pipes. The stock footpeg would go thru the center of the pipe, and by the time I shim the bracket mount enough to clear, it's too far out to be viable.
Really? It's only about 2" out (give or take a little depending on the brand) on each side...From what I've heard & read I'm sure plenty of bikes out there make a passenger spread wider than that.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:26 PM
BlueBirdin'
Squid

Ok let's limit this to spacers and stock peg brackets are not an option
Old 05-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Squid

SunsetSuper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Storm_Chaser
Ok let's limit this to spacers and stock peg brackets are not an option
I have high mount Jardine's, and have removed the passenger pegs. The spacers are still on the bike, because I haven't bothered to get shorter bolts.
Would they work for you?!
If so, I'm sure we could work out a very good deal!!....Like pay for shipping, (maybe throw in the cost of a drink) and they are yours. I will never use them, and hate having parts sit around.
Avatar picture shows them mounted, if you are interested.