General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

...One less superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:52 AM
Squid

seattlesucks
...One less superhawk

Hey, Guys. Thanks for all the help while I was riding my hawk. Unfortunately, I totalled it on a road trip a couple of weeks ago. 2 nights in the hospital, 2 weeks stuck at home, but I'm gonna be ok. The bike is toast.

Since Honda discontinued it in the US, and I don't feel like modifying an older SH to where I want it, I guess I'm done with the bikes. I'll miss that bike though!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Sorry to hear about your wreck, but it's good to hear you're okay. How'd it happen?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:32 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad you are OK. Always sucks to crash though.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:05 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by seattlesucks
Hey, Guys. Thanks for all the help while I was riding my hawk. Unfortunately, I totalled it on a road trip a couple of weeks ago. 2 nights in the hospital, 2 weeks stuck at home, but I'm gonna be ok. The bike is toast.

Since Honda discontinued it in the US, and I don't feel like modifying an older SH to where I want it, I guess I'm done with the bikes. I'll miss that bike though!
still new left overs out there.
glad to hear you are ok though,get well.
get back in the saddle soon as you can.
i thought i was done riding when i had my wreck,lady in a subaru wagon tboned me.but after a couple months it just felt like something was missing in my life.most important though GET WELL!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Squid

RedHotFireStorm is on a distinguished road
Main thing is that you're ok, and that one of these days you will be riding again...be it a VTR or whatever...all the best to you.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:09 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Nothing feels worth than wrecking your bike, because it doesn't take much to completely destroy one...until you get busted up too. You feel like crap initially but you can always get another bike and you'll quickly feel fortunate that you're okay. Glad to hear it, sorry about the bike though.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
That's horrible man. I went through the same thing when I was sideswiped by a truck three weeks ago. I didn't want to touch a bike anymore. I wasn't laid up in a hospital as long as you (stuck at County hospital for 8 hours), but I only had a broken clavicle.

Hope you heal well. I think, one day, I'll be back out there on two. And when Honda finally brings back the Ducati-1200-fighter Superhawk, I will be first in line.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man.....where were you at? prolly not close to the city I suspect.....anyway man if you are done with your hawk.....I would love to rape some parts off of it.....but if it is anywhere near running condition I hope you consider getting it running again....
Old 10-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
Sorry to hear of your ordeal... Glad you're OK. Maybe it's time for that Streetfighter project
Old 10-16-2006, 09:42 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Glad you're OK, thats the main thing.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:49 AM
SuperSport

jschmidt
Many riders leave the sport this way.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
Please check your PM
Old 10-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Squid

seattlesucks
Hey guys, sorry for the delay on the reply...

I was passing some slow traffic, pulled back into the right lane. Ended up having to brake fairly hard, and I think the bad suspension maxxed out on me causing the front end to slide out. I'm a big dude and I was still running stock suspension.

I had a knee injury I'm still recovering from, no damage to the knee, just a big hole they had to do some surgry to clean. Lots of melted kevlar in there from my icon jeans. They saved my knee though. Also some minor internal injuries.

Originally Posted by Scumbag
hey man.....where were you at? prolly not close to the city I suspect.....anyway man if you are done with your hawk.....I would love to rape some parts off of it.....but if it is anywhere near running condition I hope you consider getting it running again....
Sorry man, the insurance company has it now.

I actually went and looked at an '98 superhawk today. 18k miles... Looked like the previous owner put a lot of work into it. I told the guy I'd STRONGLY consider it if he replaced the CCTs and springs. He wanted another $1000 for all that, and the bike was already overpriced at $5300+tax/etc.

I'll probably pick up a superhawk if I find one that's already modded to my specifications. ...Jardine highflows, new CCTs, beefed up springs, flushmount blinkers, undertail kit, low milage...