General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Oh what a feeling!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Oh what a feeling!

No, not a Toyota commercial. I got a sargent seat (thanks Seroj) and boy what a difference. It's used, the red isn't a perfect match (probably wasn't when it was new either) but it feels quite different. I actually feel as if I can ride without my sack being assaulted by a gastank that I am forced into every move! The stock seat leans forward way more than you can tell until you change it out, besides the fact that it has no support and a skin like paper.

Last edited by ranchomice; 03-18-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
+1,000,000!!! Sargent rules!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:04 PM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
Doesn't matter what kind of seat you have on a day like today. 65+ degrees and not a cloud. Riiiiiiidddddiiiinnnng! Was there really snow on the ground last week?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
#1 best mod on a Hawk!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Wrench Bender
Squid

mhaisten is on a distinguished road
Love mine too.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 PM
SuperSport

When are we going riding mhaisten?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Wrench Bender
Squid

mhaisten is on a distinguished road
Give me some time choices for the weekend and I will see about a pass. I think either day is open so far.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Squid

Becky B is on a distinguished road
What's a sargeant seat? Does any one have pictures of this :-)
Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
http://www.sargentcycle.com/howsvtr1.htm

It's a lot comfier than stock... Even if you don't have stuff that get chrushed against the tank...
Old 03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tweety
http://www.sargentcycle.com/howsvtr1.htm

It's a lot comfier than stock... Even if you don't have stuff that get chrushed against the tank...
Think i prefer normal seat lol any way just because i dont have the bits doesn't mean to say it doesn't hurt many a time have i gone over a bump and smacked me front bits on tank and it does bloomin hurt its just skin on bone i would say its similar to you hiting your knee on a hard surface slightly
Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Sargent Seats are about $400, they're made in Florida. They don't slope down into the tank, and are slightly wider to give thigh support, thus reducing fatigue. A quality product.

Check: sargentcycle.com
Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Becky B
Think i prefer normal seat lol any way just because i dont have the bits doesn't mean to say it doesn't hurt many a time have i gone over a bump and smacked me front bits on tank and it does bloomin hurt its just skin on bone i would say its similar to you hiting your knee on a hard surface slightly
As painful as that sounds, it's not even close to a nutcruncher... Sorry... It's one of those things where it just not possible to explain it to a girl... There are other things we just don't get when you explain... But ask any guy, and he can very lividly imagine it...

I'm guessing you don't like the pricetag? Trust me... It's worth it... I got mine used here on the forum for considerbly less... Not pristine, but good condition... Well worth the money...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
SuperSport

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...0--617409.html

These are about 60 bucks cheaper and they're new. I got mine used for $170, if you're patient you can find a deal.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tweety
As painful as that sounds, it's not even close to a nutcruncher... Sorry... It's one of those things where it just not possible to explain it to a girl... There are other things we just don't get when you explain... But ask any guy, and he can very lividly imagine it...

I'm guessing you don't like the pricetag? Trust me... It's worth it... I got mine used here on the forum for considerbly less... Not pristine, but good condition... Well worth the money...
ok well its probably similar to being hit in the boob then lol that really hurts lol also is it possible to get your knee down with this seat lol dont think ill be ordering one though mine is comfy enough im not saying its not a good mod though just not for me
Old 03-20-2010, 12:28 AM
SuperSport

Find one, sit on it, you'll buy one! BTW I love the description comparing hitting your "bits" to hitting your knee. That pelvic bone can't feel to good on that tank either! Then again, without nuts, maybe it's fun. : )~
Old 03-20-2010, 03:27 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Becky B
ok well its probably similar to being hit in the boob then lol that really hurts lol also is it possible to get your knee down with this seat lol dont think ill be ordering one though mine is comfy enough im not saying its not a good mod though just not for me

Probably... I'll never know though...

Yeah, getting a knee down isn't any harder... The difference is mainly a bit more padding just slooping up to the tank in the middle, which keeps bits and pelvic bone and tank separate, unless you deliberately slide up there, but just as narrow as stock... Slightly more support, slightly wider at the rear, a bit more bucket shaped under the ***... Makes you naturally end up a bit more back than stock... Bit grippier surface, needs to be a bit more deliberate when sliding to go knee down...

All in all, same as stock, better padding and adding a natural default position, but you can easily go anywhere else when you need it...