General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

No loops for us......Suches GA.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Unhappy No loops for us......Suches GA.

My friend and I decided that we would take a one day trip to Suches GA. and do the "extended loop". I was going to be his last ride, as he is changing duty stations (Army). We met early Saturday morning and started our journey. Everything went well, got to 400 Motorcycle shop to stretch our legs and check out the bikes. Spied some cool bikes and got back on the road. Next stop was Riders Hill in Dalonega, nice shop with tire shop in the same parking lot. Again looked around took some snaps and got back on the road. Passed the T.W.O. resort and we were on the way having a great time. Me on my 98 S/H, my buddy on his 08 VTX 1300. Heres where it goes bad.......I picked up the pace a little bit and so did my buddy. Obviously I could go faster on my sport/tourer compared to his cruiser. I'd lose him, then stop and wait.....all good, no pressure. I encountered a down hill left hander which tightened up a little. Got though it ok. Stopped to wait for my buddy, but he never came. "Oh crap" somethings happened!.............turned around rode for not even half a mile and there he was. "Man that sucks seeing your bud in the ditch"! He was ok, tweaked his right ankle a little, but besides that he was ok. His bike really wasn't that bad, minus it had no longer a head light. Bars were a little crooked, but it ran like a champ. Ambulance came did there thing, haul him to Fannin Regional Hospital. I got some help to get his bike out the brush.....thank god for winches. That bike was heavy! Well were all home now, and everyone is fine. Heres some snaps.............sorry for the long story.
Attached Thumbnails No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5353.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5361.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5371.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5372.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5374.jpg  

Old 05-14-2010, 07:07 PM
SuperSport

Rollin20z is on a distinguished road
Don't know what to say except at least everyone is ok. Thank god it was only a tweaked ankle and not anything worse, bikes can be replaced or fixed. Our bodies are a little harder and take longer to fix the older we get unfortunetley.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Back Marker

More snaps...........hope I did this right.
Attached Thumbnails No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5375.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5379.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5382.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5393.jpg   No loops for us......Suches GA.-dscn5394.jpg  

Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
SuperSport

Rollin20z is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up is always a good sign. Should be illegal to advertise that much plumbers crack on open forum though.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
that sucks, but it could have been worse. The turn pictured is the cause of all this right?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Back Marker

Angry turn

Thats the one !
Originally Posted by cornandp
that sucks, but it could have been worse. The turn pictured is the cause of all this right?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
That sucks big time. Having both of those bikes myself, I can say that the VTX doesn't corner very well compared to the VTR. It's comparable to other cruisers its size, but feels like driving a tank compared to the VTR. I've got a set of stock bars if your buddy needs new ones for his VTX.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:25 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
ugh.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Back Marker

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Syclone
That sucks big time. Having both of those bikes myself, I can say that the VTX doesn't corner very well compared to the VTR. It's comparable to other cruisers its size, but feels like driving a tank compared to the VTR. I've got a set of stock bars if your buddy needs new ones for his VTX.