Old 07-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
I agree totally.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:09 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
about half way through I was thinking well at least most of them have gear and are practicing at tracks or deserted roads: its risky and learning is going to involve some injuries. But then the video went into all those street and highway scenes. That is beyond insane and no regard for others. Its also the source of a big focus in many cities right now on how to limit motorcycle rights because of all the negative attention that crap is attracting. Did anyone read of the law they are trying to pass in denver banning any aftermarket exhausts?
Old 07-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Back Marker

Tonyizcool1 is on a distinguished road
aftermarket exhaust ban. that is stupid. I thought the guy that caught the run away bike at the very end was cool.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Squid

Steve30v is on a distinguished road
I agree, the road stunters have no sense.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
If i have more time and extra money i rather put my S-hawk to track's school for more thrills and fun than to do no sense of road stunts.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

Trinity aint that the truth. I would love to go on a track and open it up and such versus being a dumb street stunter that gives motorcyclists a bad rap.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Squid

quakefiend420 is on a distinguished road
at least most of them were wearing proper gear, the bike catch at the end was pretty cool
Old 07-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if the exhaust ban is Harely related? All those open headers. Not so much sport bikes being the problem.

Some people need to learn about the medical bills after. And some of them are. Its not cheap when you brake you neck and don't have a spare.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Squid

Jonny is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Lefin102;62142]Does anyone know if the exhaust ban is Harely related? All those open headers. Not so much sport bikes being the problem. [QUOTE]

Nope. Any and all bikes are open game. However it's under the officers discretion to pull someone over. They already have a noise ordinance but without all officers carrying a sound meter and knowing how to properly operate it, it's pretty much useless. My understanding is that if your exhaust does not have a DOT stamp on it you'll get ticketed. I'm referring to the Denver ordinance in the above ramblings...

I don't mind stunters as long as they are not pulling that crap on public roads. Some of the clips were at shows or in abandoned lots. Good for them. The idiots on the roads though **** me off. Not because they could get hurt. I hope they do. But b/c they people that have those idiots doing that in traffic around them see me on a 'crotch rocket' and think I'm the same time of person. Next thing you know, new laws and restrictions. Not to mention the vindictive asshats that don't give you room on the road b/c your one of 'them'. Rant off...
Old 07-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry but I had to laugh when the guy standing on his bike on a public road fell off wearing only a tshirt and not too far in front of an RV. Stupid should always hurt like that.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Squid

Steve30v is on a distinguished road
It gets even worse when tv shows (like SuperBikes) feature the stunters on public roads....not cool.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Wow that was alot of wrecked bikes, but yeah that grab at the end was pretty good.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM
SuperBike

C5aig is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kendrick
Wow that was alot of wrecked bikes, but yeah that grab at the end was pretty good.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
Everyone has to start somewhere. I hang out with many stunters and practice lots... yes lots, not streets.
Granted doing it on the street isnt wise, ya gotta start somewhere and practice. Most of the time everything works, but sometimes things dont. Just the way it goes.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Back Marker

J.J. is on a distinguished road
^+1

I'm not gonna argue that street stunting is smart. But lot stunting takes skills, and is a calculated risk in a closed environment, much like racing. Both also require serious bike control and concentration, and cojones. If this was a video montage of racers crashing, would you be trashing them, and their hobby, also?

And street stunting, while dangerous and stupid, is still not as dangerous and stupid as street racing, so lets condemn that too, while were at it. And I bet 90% of the people on here have done one, or both, of those things at least once in their lives. So all the squids dissing stunting; zip it
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
I don't care if all stunters or street racers kill themselves, but endangering the lives of others ain't cool.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Squid

VTRFan is on a distinguished road
Most of the crashes and scenes from the You-tube video are from a stunt video called "Judgement Day II" its actually pretty cool and one of the guys on there is a Local KC guy who is extremely cool and talented, but i agree...I'll just stick to the curves and take my bike home in one piece. Ill never understand why you would risk trashing your bike to impress a stranger, i would rather impress them by dissapering on a curve and then explaining to them why they should of bought a VTR! HAha
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I don't think anyone is dissing stunting. personally, I think they are some of the most incredible skills and balancing acts out there. But we are criticising practicing it in traffic, which is not only dumb, but really dangerous to others. Like the clip of the bike freewheeling down the fourlane! I don't care to share a road with something like that.

Originally Posted by J.J.
^+1

I'm not gonna argue that street stunting is smart. But lot stunting takes skills, and is a calculated risk in a closed environment, much like racing. Both also require serious bike control and concentration, and cojones. If this was a video montage of racers crashing, would you be trashing them, and their hobby, also?

And street stunting, while dangerous and stupid, is still not as dangerous and stupid as street racing, so lets condemn that too, while were at it. And I bet 90% of the people on here have done one, or both, of those things at least once in their lives. So all the squids dissing stunting; zip it
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Back Marker

I don't mind stunters at all. Just I don't think they should be doing it on public occupied roads.

I think some of the tricks are pretty cool.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Squid

VTRFan is on a distinguished road
I agree with that 100%, ive ridden with guys who are absolutely ignorant and a few times I have actually left them becasue i just wasnt in the mood to watch someone get creamed. It makes the actual "good" riders look bad becasue everyone stereotypes after one rider splits lanes on one wheel, while it does take talent, its extremely foolish. Cheers, to you for being respectful of others!!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
I hope no one go the idea that I was slamming stunters, cause I wasn't. I think it is cool in the right place and time, just not on the streets. The save at the end was difinitely cool.