General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New/OLD member to SuperHAwk list

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 08:37 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Always good to hear from our forebears & get a history lesson. Just got my 1st SH in October. Have put almost 3K on it so far, so it's not gatherin' dust. Now when the good weather gets here...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:13 AM
faz
Superstock

faz
welcome aboard!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
Re: New/OLD member to SuperHAwk list

Welcome to the site!

Originally Posted by fred z";p=&quot
I added several other farkles and really loved the bike and it was difficult to sell it for the RC51.
Whats a farkle?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Squid

Jason C

Greetings Fred!

The Super Hawk is quite the great ride. An accomplished rider friend of mine has been a Super Hawk believer since the first shipment to the states, and he was the one who turned me onto it.

Anyways, thanks for the intro and look forward to seeing you around the board.

Jason
Old 03-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Back Marker

call me phil

welcome back! how do the heated grips work out? i live in the wonderful country of New England and purchased my Duc Hunter in late september. since then its racked up several thousand very cold miles and the only thing that gets really cold are my hands, was thinking of getteing heated grips, so how do you like them?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:06 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

Hey Fred!

I remember you from the old list. Your last name Ziggler? (remember Scott Winders?!) We share many parallels. I think I signed up for the old sport-twin list in Dec of 96. I couldn't get my first 98 until July of 97 having to "endure" all you guys talking about your new awesome rides. I too sold mine a few years later, regretting the decision, and stating that I would have another one some day. Well, that someday was last fall when I picked up another 98.

Thanks for "pioneering" the VFR bars back then. I enjoy them today. Please share any more you come up with. I've done that and have more to follow.

Welcome back, I know I'm glad to be back. The SuperHawk just makes me smile everytime I ride it. 8)
Old 03-29-2005, 02:05 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. Don't apologize for the long post, it was very interesting and cool to read. I'm in the middle of the VFR clip on installation as we speak, just doing the braided lines so they fit. Also, I got a Sargent seat for xmas so my *** will owe you thanks as well as my wrists.

You got any more tips for my other body parts?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:02 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fred z";p=&quot
I tried a Vista Cruise that I had here as I thought that is what I had back then. It hits the large tank, though and won't work. I wonder if it worked with the VFR bars? I'll find out soon.
Fred Z.
Nope, get an NEC. BTDT.

I don't think you have to worry about Scott Winders coming back to a "lowly" VTR ever again. I'm sure God's Gift To Motorcycling is in MotoGP now or running one of the teams (heavy, heavy sarcasm)! :wink:

My last name is Smith but I wasn't real prolific poster then as I was new to the 'net and there were plenty of "characters" on that list keeping things going, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, we have now lost TWO sets of archives (zikzak and runlevelzero).

I think a pic of your 4th gen VFR is still on the Texas VFR garage site.