New D&D's

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New D&D's

Ok hawk Hotie,

Pics where are the pics of the bike and you

Here is a link from a previous discussion that might help you with your jetting. Feel free to pm me with question (pics) about jetting.

Previous forum discussion

P.S. I cannot comment on the Dyno jet kit just the factory pro kit and K&N filter combo.

I have mine spot on with know stumble and onm the dyno from 3k to red line she id dead in the middle of the air/fuel ratio specs.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:38 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hawk Hawtie - did you see this link?

https://www.superhawkforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=885
Old 04-22-2005, 02:29 PM
SuperSport

Your welcome See, I'm not that bad

The Sargent seat is much firmer than stock. It was a surprise when I got it. I've yet to ride on it yet as I got it for Xmas and will be insuring the bike the end of next week. People tell me it comfy'r though. Not sure how to square that circle.

The stock seat murders my *** after an hour or two. The low clip-ons kill the palms of my hands and I have to shake them out every chance I get. The wind blast tosses my noggin around..bitch bitch bitch

So I got a Sargent *fingers crossed*, VFR bars (absolutely awesome) and a Puig double bubble - Goldwing comfort here I come!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:37 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Pic of my Corbin and yes it is very comfortable for long day rides

Name:  DSCF0040.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  115.9 KB
Old 04-22-2005, 03:29 PM
SuperSport

It looks gorgeous and comfy, more saddle shapped than the flatter Sargent.

BTW - I can't believe that you did those decals from scratch (I believe it, I'm just amazed). The black pinstripping around the edge just smacks of a professional "machined produced" touch. If I was wearing a hat, I'd tip it to you.

BTW x 2 - you should post your bike pics in the "Members Rides" section.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Back Marker

HotStreetVTR

Regarding the sputtering, you definitely will need to re-jet. (D&D's have no baffles--hence the mondo-cool sound--and therefore move a whole lot of air in comparison to OEM exhaust.)

While you're at it, you should also have the Throttle Position Sensor checked for optimum resistance (5 K-ohms optimum, with a min of 4 K-ohms and a max of 6 K-ohms). In the case that the Throttle Position Sensor indeed needs adjusting, you can consult this Forum, as there are several threads on the Forum that describe how to go about drilling the screws out and adjusting the sensor.

Lastly, regarding re-jetting, I highly recommend the Factory Pro jet kit; the Factory Pro kit uses jets that are in OEM-standardized sizes and is thus much less of a pain in the **** to work with than that other jet kit tends to be, wth its proprietary jet sizes.

D&D's rock on the VTR!

cheers,
HotStreetVTR
Old 04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Back Marker

HotStreetVTR

Originally Posted by hawk hottie";p=&quot
I am getting better with managing the seat height. Is the Sargent seat comfortable - this stock seat is like a board
Though I've not ridden with a Corbin on the VTR, I can add my two cents on the Corbin-versus-Sargent debate by adding that the one Corbin seat did own (for a '93 Nighthawk CB750) turned to crap after a few short years: the seams on Corbin seats tend to split in ways that are difficult to repair, and Corbin charges nearly as much to re-cover the seat as it would cost to buy a new one. Hence, I say, "until they improve quality control on their construction process, screw Corbin." Also, because Corbin uses the stock seat pan to create their seat and Sargent uses a better-crafted, custom seat pan, Sargent offers a better rider position (lower near the tank and less "slopey" than OEM/Corbin) and thus are less likely to cause unfortunate meetings between genitalia and tank.

cheers,
--HotStreetVTR
http://www.themotorcycleshopga.com/SuperChicken3.html
Old 04-26-2005, 10:28 AM
SuperSport

NOorth - you aren't so bad even though I thought your earlier comments on my FIRST Post were sort of chauvenistic .
It wasn't a female thing, it was a physical stature/strength thing. Don't want to see anyone get hurt and still think an SV650 would be a better choice.

Anyway, glad your enjoying pimping it up. I thought I was done with mine but the list grows :wink: