General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Superstock

Anto is on a distinguished road
Need some advice...

Bought the bike used, not knowing what was inside it. I learned that the guy who owned this before me was a real gearhead, so he put some stuff on it.

From what I saw with my eyes, he had an Ohlins rear shock & Two bros exhaust. It's claimed to have racetech front springs in it as well, but I haven't checked yet.

I've made quite a few nice discoveries so far. Popped open the airbox & discovered a K&N filter. Went a little further & saw emissions was removed too. Popped the carbs out & discovered that there's a jet kit installed in it. I'm not sure if it's a dynojet or factory pro kit, but there are 4 holes in the front of the carb slide. Do they come stock with 4 holes?

Now a jetting question. The carbs have 180f 185r mains installed on the bottom most clip with stock #45S slow jets. Not sure what the mix screws are at. The guy left only one airbox snorkel open too, the ones that come on the K&N were nowhere to be found.

NOW, what I want to do is:
Install two long velocity stacks in the airbox & cover up the open holes.
Get an Ignition advancer (if there's not one already installed)
Dual rear emulsion tubes (needed from what I heard)
Reduce TPS from 1500 ohms to 500.

Do you guys think I should get a new jet kit? I was thinking about ordering the Factory Pro 1.1 since I don't know if the 180/185 with the #45 slow's will be good enough for everything I want to do.

Suggestions?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:36 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I would see how it runs first - the guy seems like he was pretty into the bike, and it may be set up perfectly. How does it run: top end, midrange, off idle and idling? What do the plugs look like? Describing that will help give some advice - you have to know what you are trying to improve first. If its running well, changing one thing is probably going to require changing many others. I've read of a lot of people going through a great deal of changes to try to get perfect jetting with the K&N filters.