General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

NE/ NY SuperHawks

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Back Marker

BluStreak is on a distinguished road
Cool NE/ NY SuperHawks

Any of you guys interested in meeting @ some central point in New England and meeting each other some time late this spring or in the summer? How about some great spot w/ a great lunch and a beer that takes a nice ride to get to? How about somewhere in southern VT or NH? Any interest, thoughts on nice ride/ central spots to meet? How about N. Adams, MA?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 PM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
i am more than down for this, on a weekend obviously
Old 03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
swinging member
Back Marker

lrrs195 is on a distinguished road
Blustreak, I`m right down the road from you in Pepperell. A few of us have been meeting around Bellows Falls and riding up to the ap gap. It`s a good all day ride from here. Check the group ride section for info.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Back Marker

I will Irrs, thanks. Check this thread once in a while and maybe we can come up with a good destination based on who wants to come, from where.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Back Marker

Dan Cronin is on a distinguished road
I'd go this summer.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Back Marker

Dave in NY is on a distinguished road
I might be up for a meetup - I'm a little farther south along the Hudson, but the Mass/Vt border isn't completely out of reach for me.

There's a rumor my company might be going to 4-day workweeks to save money, which might help make my weekends a little more flexible, too...
Old 03-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Squid

joedirt5 is on a distinguished road
I would be in, I am in NW Ct but ride southern vermont area near Wilmington and Bennington. There is some good riding out that way.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
Every 1st sunday in Oct. we have a grass roots car and contraption show here at my restaurant in Northern Westchester Co. NY. www.prattsinn.com
We're 20 min from CT border. We get quite alot of bikes finishing a ride here at the show. I put out a keg and there is a concession. We're on top of a mountain in a rural neighborhood but 45 min from midtown NY. I think it would be great if mine wasn't the only SH. There was an amazing Vincent last year.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
i'm around Acton, MA right now but ride up to a buddy's place in windsor, VT pretty often. i'de be game for meeting up with you guys....anyone near me btw? i'm new to the state and really don't know too many good routes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
N. Adams isn't far from Albany. Depends on the day. I don't have many off.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Squid

Quickling is on a distinguished road
I will follow this, I may be interested.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
I'm in the SW corner of RI, along the coast. Mass/VT border is about 3 hours away.

I'll follow the thread.

Anyone going to Laconia this year?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:59 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like I'm the guy furthest south boardering NYC... depending on my schedule and deal I can make with the wife, I miight be able to pull something off....

Dave and JPP... where are you guys.... I pretty much try to ride up in the Bear Mountain / RT 17 area as much as possible... which isn't a suprise I guess... as I'd bet most in that area on weekends are trying to escape NYC!!!

J.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.

Anyone going to Laconia this year?
Hell yeah! thursday-sunday. I was looking at the schedule and Yamaha and Suzuki are doing their test ride bit then. Looking foward to flogging someone else's machines!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 PM
hardened stihl
Back Marker

vermontzx6r is on a distinguished road
I'm from brattleboro originally. That is on the MA VT boarder. I'm down lets do it. Although, northern VT is much better.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Squid

I can think of a couple good meeting spots. One being at the top of the hill in North Adams, I believe it is Rt 8 There is a nice hair pin turn and a rest stop on the top. Meet there and go for a ride? Or Westfield Ma area is somewhat central and head north from there to VT on Rt 112 it is a pretty sweet road that takes you up torward Bennington and Woodford. Take Rt 100 ( pretty sure that is VT100) to VT 8. Vt 8 in my opinion is one of the best roads in new england. Its about 8-10 miles on top of a mountain that has huge windmills on it. Adams or Bennington would be suitable areas to meet up or ride from. Just some thoughts Drew
Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by joedirt5
I can think of a couple good meeting spots. One being at the top of the hill in North Adams, I believe it is Rt 8 There is a nice hair pin turn and a rest stop on the top. Meet there and go for a ride? Or Westfield Ma area is somewhat central and head north from there to VT on Rt 112 it is a pretty sweet road that takes you up torward Bennington and Woodford. Take Rt 100 ( pretty sure that is VT100) to VT 8. Vt 8 in my opinion is one of the best roads in new england. Its about 8-10 miles on top of a mountain that has huge windmills on it. Adams or Bennington would be suitable areas to meet up or ride from. Just some thoughts Drew
Drew;

I like the way you're thinking. That ride west (from me) on Rt. 2 down that series of switchbacks into N. Adams is a blast. Rt. 100 in VT has been rated one of the 10 best roads in the US by Road & Track for years. It's really gorgeous for the whole north/ south length of the state. There are also some great valley/ river following roads back southeast from 100, like the road that comes by Stratton Mtn.

I was thinking to wait a bit, put together some sort of nexus of where folks are who wanna ride and pick from there. Hey, maybe we'll have to do a couple in different directions!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
Who got out today!?! I did! After class got out I went out for a 95 mile ride on RT 9 that goes from Bangor ME to Cailis ME. It was beautiful out, too bad I under estimated the temp and didn't wear my winter gloves. Oh and I saw no deer
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
hardened stihl
Back Marker

Cant forget VT17....app gap... you tube it, best mile for mile road in NE (besides cadillac MT.). Its like the kank but its a 2nd gear rip, maybe 3rd on a hawk
Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
J. I'm in Yorktown Heights. I was in Mt Vernon today at Restaurant Depot on Columbus. I'm Yorktown is 15 min from Annsville Circle. My bike is having a color change next week in Bronxville. Was red with cracks all over and will be Virgin Yellow with new plastics and painted tank. Can't wait.
JPP
Old 04-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Back Marker

Wink Great destination

Guys, just got my latest MCN with stuff to do in the back. There's a cool looking exhibit at the Sherburne Museum just south of Burlington, VT on Lake Champlain. It's called Motorcycle Exhibit Full Throttle featuring vintage bikes, custom choppers and racing bikes. Runs from 5/17 - 10/25. I know it's kind of far for lots of you, but the roads up and back are exqusite. Feedback?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 AM
hardened stihl
Back Marker

if you hit up shelburn dont miss:

Spear St, Dorset St, 116 North from bristol, 17 E/W (waitsfield to huntington). or 100 up through the MT's,

You can design a trip to Shelburne that utilzes most of these roads. Dont take rt7!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Back Marker

Thumbs up

I've been skiing up there (Sugarbush, Stowe) for years. Know Rt. 100 well, and some of 17. They are awesome. Given where I live and how beautiful that part of the state is, I think we're talking a weekend trip though. I also am a big fan of Rt. 30 by Stratton too. As I said in an earlier piece, Road and Track rates rt. 100 one of the ten best roads to drive in the US! Omigod, are we talking about a weekend ride now?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Squid

That sounds like a good trip, but 500+ miles in 1 day is more like a workout than a nice ride. Somthing a little further south would be more up my alley.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Back Marker

That's cool Joe, my calouses are not that developed either, but it would make a great weekend (or 3 day) ride. Where do you live? I know there's several of you guys on the border in NY & CT. N. Adams is about a 2 hour ride west for me, the second 1/2 of which on Rt. 2 W is excellent. Quabbin Reservoir in central MA is also a beautiful area to ride in, and much more convenient to NY state and N. CT.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Back Marker

Guys, Mike (IRRS195) and I are meeting up tomorrow AM (4/26,Sunday) @ Willard Brook State Pk., Townsend/Fitchburg, MA line @ 7:45 and heading to VT for a ride. Let us know if you wanna hook up. My # is 978-582-7469.