General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

NE IL, NW IN & SE WI Motorcycle Repair/Mod Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
NE IL, NW IN & SE WI Motorcycle Repair/Mod Service

I have recently reopened FLY LOW CUSTOM, INC., a motorcycle repair & maintenance service I started in San Diego in 1977. Whereas of course I'm intimately familiar with the VTR, we work on any year make and model of motorcycle and even stoop to repairing scooters occasionally.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM or call.

Below is my Chicago Craigs List advertisement. I've worked on several list member and local SH owner's VTRs and they all seem to have been very pleased with my work. One of my engineering degrees is in power systems (which includes ICE), while at SDSU I started as an R&D engineer at Convair (which was the aerospace division of General Dynamics), and I opened FLCI to restore British bikes (primarily AJS & Matchless) and fabricated advanced composite components for sailplanes and ultralights.

"FLY LOW CUSTOM, INC. MOTORCYCLE REPAIR & MAINTENANCE SERVICE

We will expertly repair, tune-up, modify and/or detail your beloved ride in our well-equipped, heated & air conditioned shop in Skokie.

We can pick up and deliver your motorcycle and have it back to you running better than you ever thought it could.

We make "House Calls" depending on your bike's location and what it might require to get it running.

Our Master Mechanic has 40 years of experience wrenching on all years & brands of motorcycles.

We offer very reasonable hourly rates and fixed-fee upfront pricing.

Contact us for an over-the phone for a free initial diagnosis and estimate, and to discuss getting rolling soon.

We can also clean and surface-treat your ride with as much or as little detail as you are willing to pay for.

Call FLY LOW CUSTOM, INC. at 847-602-9432

WE CAN HAVE YOU FLYING LOW FAST!"

Last edited by skokievtr; 07-14-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Cool, good luck with this venture
Old 07-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Squid

Salieb76 is on a distinguished road
I can vouch for his service! Helped me with the valves and during the tear down he noticed several other things that needed attention. I was fortunate to find some one local that knew about our bikes and took the time to show me as well. Great service and a great guy.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Nice! Best wishes, I wish you were opening a shop near me
Old 07-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
i agree... need a shop nearer to me that even KNOWS what the hawk is...
Old 07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

I've been lucky, as I've been fairly busy. Neatest bike I've repaired recently was a 2006 HD VRSCSE2-PP (a $30k+ V-Rod). I was impressed how well designed and built it was; very un-Harley like LOL. Getting to the oil filter is still a royal PITA though. The owner never checked the oil or tires (over 1.5 qts. down and 11psi in front & 14 in back!!).

Most younger guys buy an early 80s beater and want it to run like a 2013 for $150; though there are a few exceptions.

This is my 03-97 VTR with over 80k miles on it...
Attached Thumbnails NE IL, NW IN & SE WI Motorcycle Repair/Mod Service-ba-vtr-07-07-11-12.jpg   NE IL, NW IN & SE WI Motorcycle Repair/Mod Service-ba-vtr-07-07-11-15.jpg