General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

My next track weapon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:54 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Edwards07 is on a distinguished road
My next track weapon?

I'm not seeing too many people running the old Ducati 998's or the 748's. Is it because they are that slow? I've been looking to find a track bike and want to stay with a v-twin. The superhawk i don't think will be up to the challenge and everyone i talk to about the RC51 says it's too heavy. I don't fit on a SV1000 so i naturally went to ducati. Anybody got any ideas or information?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Back Marker

gssbmm
the only prblem I've had with the ducati's is the cost of matinence and replacment parts if you do have a crash. but if you can afford it or can do it your self. they are some great bikes.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
What's wrong with taking the Superhawk to the track? It's not the newest sporting tack, but it can get the job done...unless you are already outriding the capabilities of the Superhawk.

As for not seeing many 748/916/99x bikes, I see a few of them. It's about the same percentage at a trackday that you see on the street (compared to the # of japanese 600's or 1000's).
Old 09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
I have an RC51 and don't think its to heavy, compaired to a late model 600 it is. I think its about as heavy as the SH. I haven't taken it to the track yet so I can't coment on its ability personaly. I think you should buy what you like and have fun! The RC51 upset the Ducati and that was why Honda built it in the first place. So if you want a bike with low maintenance and plenty of power get the RC. If you want to pay more get the Duck.

ps. I just bought a 1098 tri color, don't know if it will ever see the track but that could change.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
track bike

I have riden superhawks on the track two times....they work just fine ,even totally stock...real easy to ride...very forgiving ride....and actually are pretty quick thru the corners...
If you are not an ex-racer,or trackday regular...I would imagine it would be just fine..
As soon as I get some time to finish my bike I will do a track day on it....Don't think you need anything special to get on the track...I raced a totally stock Sv650..a few years back..and I had not raced for quite a few years and did not finish last.....

My advice ride what you have..just put on some good sport tyres they are all so good these days..enjoy
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Edwards07 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lefin102
ps. I just bought a 1098 tri color, don't know if it will ever see the track but that could change.

I've been thinking of that, if i buy a ducati i might as well buy the best one out there considering they're all going to cost pretty much the same. But i don't want to spend all my money on breaking parts for the Duc. But it's such a sweet bike. I'll probably end up trying the RC, it's cheap and i'm sure i can break some hearts with it.