General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

My new project

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Squid

jsalansing is on a distinguished road
My new project

Hello everyone, just thought I would post my newest project, 98 Superhawk.

Just a stocker right now not alot of aftermarket parts for the hawk but from what I can come up with you can use parts from other bikes here is my list so far please feel free to correct anything that might not be correct:

Mirrors:
03-05 Yama-what R6

Wheels:
Front 97 CBR 600 F3
Back 93 CBR 900 rr

Levers:
Clutch 97-03 CBR 1000
Brake 87-96 CBR 1000

Swing arm:
VFR 800

Not sure where I'm going with this bike yet but I do know something has to be done with the exhaust (I don't like dual cans) but we will see.

See ya,
Joe...
Old 05-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

99Hawk
Looks great - yellow always looks great - have fun with the project.
Sorry to hear you don't like dual cans, It's the dual cans that give the Hawk that special resonating sound -- especially with an after market setup .... I've never had the pleasure to hear it plumbed into one but I think you'll likely loose some of that heart-stopping head-turning thunder that goes along with this ride......
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice bike! If you want mirrors that work the best go for the FZ1 mirrors but I'll warn you they are LOOONG. The R6 are supposed to have a little elbow but not bad. If you want I can get a picture of the FZ1 mirrors. Also if you want I have a yellow F3 wheel in my garage, I can't use it because I have a different front end and bigger rotors. Let me know if you're interested. I've got lots of mods and so does,(oops did) superbling so if you need info.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Back Marker

icebud
Nice project!!

Just browse over the forum, you will find a lot of mods idea that will make your pockets empties faster than you can think, I know about this!!!

Keep us in touch about your mods!

Oh! and nice color!! Don't listen to any other, this is the fastest one!!

Cheers
Old 05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Squid

Well today I put the Hawk on the lift and pulled up a chair and just looked at the bike trying to figure out what to do to it. On the exhaust not sure what would look good I seen someone on the board was talking about the new Buell exhaust set up, kinda cool but not sure. What I did do was changed out the front marker lights, here is what it had

And here is what it has now

I think they look better not as bulky.

Also to make the bike mine I fired up the vinyl cutter and cut a few decals for it.

If someone wants to give any input on a good looking exhaust setup (looking to custom build so mine is different from any other one) I would love to here your input.

Joe....
Old 05-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Those stickers look good.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Back Marker

blokeontheend
sounds like somebody might be thinking VFR800 SSS and custom underseat exhaust - check out the thread on that one.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jsalansing
Also to make the bike mine I fired up the vinyl cutter and cut a few decals for it.

If someone wants to give any input on a good looking exhaust setup (looking to custom build so mine is different from any other one) I would love to here your input.

Joe....
So what would you charge to do some custom stickers superhawk brother? lol....those look very cool....but seriously, how much??
Old 05-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx
So what would you charge to do some custom stickers superhawk brother? lol....those look very cool....but seriously, how much??
Thanks for the props on the decals, how much to would I charge?? That kinda depends on what you have in mind, like size, color ect...
of course your standard colors are cheaper than something like a chrome. For a superhawk rider, what you see on my bike the Two (2) skull decals you would be looking at about $6.00 plus postage. Let me know what you have in mind and we can see how I can take care of ya...

Joe......
Old 05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

that is outstanding...how about some tribal stuff for the plastic, and the tank, you know to cover most of the bike??

something like this is cool...well ok, to me it is....of course it would be on a black hawk,,,,and either red or white is fine for the color....what do you think?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
MotoGP

GAY!!! J/k Those decals look great jsalansing and those aren't bad either cliffy jazz it up a bit. Oh yeah jsalansing, if you're interested in the F3 wheel let me know it's going on ebay soon.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Back Marker

SNGPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a set of 954 forks and upper triple if you are looking to convert. PM me.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superhawk22
GAY!!! J/k Those decals look great jsalansing and those aren't bad either cliffy jazz it up a bit. Oh yeah jsalansing, if you're interested in the F3 wheel let me know it's going on ebay soon.

It's alternative lifestyles!!! Yeah Right....LOL...My paint is almost 8 yrs old, and it has lost its luster, so I checked on having it painted a solid color,,,no dice, way too much...that kit I can get online for $70.00,,,,that way I can just put some polish or something on it, then add the kit, draw attention away from the base color a little....

And those skulls, that is just sick cool....I should add somthing like that on the tank and seat cowl....of course not just like those, can't copy cat or anything...but damn those look good....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Squid

cliffhangerstx,
Let me take a look through my graphics and see what I can come up with for ya, do you have a lower faring on there ? Don't look like it but just want to make sure.

superhawk22,
Let me know what you looking to get for the wheel I think I might have a use for it.

Joe....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
MotoGP

Let me get it out of the box and get a fresh picture of it but here's one when it was on the bike. I'll get back to you on the price.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by jsalansing
cliffhangerstx,
Let me take a look through my graphics and see what I can come up with for ya, do you have a lower faring on there ? Don't look like it but just want to make sure.

superhawk22,
Let me know what you looking to get for the wheel I think I might have a use for it.

Joe....
Just that small stock, excuse for a belly or lower.....tis grey now, but I am painting it black.....

hey thanks....
Old 05-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Squid

cliffhangerstx, sent you a PM about graphics.

Joe....
Old 05-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

got um, looks good.....
Old 05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Squid

Cliffhanger, here is some more food for thought, this time I cleaned them up so you can get a better idea.

First, just some basic tribal stuff.
Second, tribal flames (just have to love flames)
Third, Skulls (almost did this to my bike today but not sure yet)

Joe...........
Old 05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Joe,

Those rock, I really like the last one , have you tried using woodywoodpecker instead of skulls, but making him look badass..?? I have two woodywoodpecker stickers on my shield and they look cool, well at least I think they do....

So what do you think the cost would be for these??
Old 05-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Squid

Prices: here ya go,
These prices are for single color graphics in standard colors (Black, White, Red, Blue, Orange..ect... Chrome or something like that would be more).

Tribal: includes 10 decals (5 per side of bike) $30.00 plus shipping.

Tribal Flame: includes 10 decals (5 per side of bike) $30.00 plus shipping.

Skulls: includes 5 decals (2 per side of bike and 1 for seat cowl) $27.00 plus shipping.

Now as far a Woody Woodpecker, I will look through my graphics and see what I can find. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend of camping with the family so I might be a few days before I can post if I found anything or not (don't have Internet at my shop, and don't have graphics and what not at home). If you have any other questions about the graphics just let me know.

Joe...
Old 05-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Wow, great prices....My bike is Black 99' model, I am thinking of doing the graphics in yellow.....I think red would be to dark....but yellow on black would really stand out....

that's cool, I will touch base with you next week after the holiday....

Have a safe and Fun Memorial Day weekend.... To all....
Old 05-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I definatly want to get a kit from you...and a few extra graphics one for the tank, and one for the seat cowl....let me know when you have time.....TIA
Old 06-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Squid

Hey, sorry about not getting back to you quicker, been crazy around here. I take three days off for a long weekend and it takes 4 days to get caught back up. I looked through my graphic files and have nothing of woody woodpecker. I have tons of options but nothing is setup for Internet viewing that why it's kinda of one today and a few the next day, but I know we will find something for ya.

Here are some classic flame graphics on the Hawk

As far a something for the seat cowl and what not, what are you into, like some like tribal stuff, some like cartoons or some like me, like skulls. Here are a few skulls

Just let me know what you have in mind and I will see what I can come up with.

Joe.......
Old 06-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Joe, no worries, been there done that...so I quit my job...LOL year and half ago, now I don't have to catch up after the holidays..lol

those look cool, I really like the tribal from the other post, I think it would look good in yellow on my black bike...that and I like yellow....

as for the tank and seat cowl.....what about a bird, tie into the hawk thing....like a hawk, or eagle or something of that nature.....or maybe even some japanese words, like the word tribal, or the word Hawk or something cool like that....
The Tribal y&y in red looks good....the other one is the word Hawk in symbal....
R