General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Muzzy customer service Shines again.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Muzzy customer service Shines again.

Muzzy customer service Shines again., This is not directly SH stuff, but Muzzy is a leader in 4 stroke exhaust systems... thus a valid good news story for those that might browse our forums.

As part of my rebuild of the Big Yellow Pig (DRZ485). I asked Muzzy customer service if they would take a look at my 3 plus year old Stainless steel pipe, and see if they could repair or replace the canister. It had developed a small hole at the leading edge of the collector. Now, I was up front, I understood there was no warranty expressed or implied, it was a 3 year old pipe that had been used for a lot of hard miles. All I was asking for was could they replace or repair the canister.

Back ground, Some two years ago I made a similar request only that time it was a crack at the mid pipe mount. Again, not the manufactures problem, not a warrantee concern, It was through hard use, a lot of falls.. It was shipped off, fixed for FREE, reinforced and shipped back to me for FREE.

So after my initial request this time, I traded 6 or so emails from Iraq to Muzzy customer service.. Sent pictures, told them all of the above, no complaints from me at all, just looking to see if they could rebuild at MY cost.

The last email said, send it in, we will have a look. Based on what we find, we will let you know on cost. I was also told the retail charge for a new canister, if that was what was needed.

Smart move on their part.. Expectation management was done very well, no matter what they decided, I would not be surprised…….. Except I was… When my wife just emailed me, and said,,,she received a call, the pipe was repaired,, AT NO COST.. and being shipped back to us.

This my friends is what customer service is all about.
I would have been a satisfied customer had they repaired the pipe at a reasonable price.

I would have been an understanding customer if they had told me, they do not do repairs, but could sell me a new canister at a reasonable price.

And after three years, I would have understood with no hard feelings if they had told me, sorry, but it’s a 3 year old dirt bike pipe, that has obviously seen the ground a lot of times.. We can get you a dealers name that sells our product at fair prices. I may have been a little disappointed, but would have understood. .

OTOH, I was totally shocked to hear they fixed it at no cost, as a gesture of Good will. Good luck getting Yosh to do that.

American designed, American Made, Rob Muzzy a leader in Motorcycle Exhaust systems for years, A company that once again has earned it’s great reputation and my dollars when I purchase a new exhaust system.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the recommendation TxChicken! Muzzy will get a lot of consideration on my next exhaust purchase too and glad to hear they treated you right both times
Rick C.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Its good to know some companies still offer great service! Vance & Hines has also been pretty good when I emailed about some exhaust system springs I needed - they sent out 2 sets at no cost.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
Shame Muzzy doesn't make an exahust for the SH.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
I know someone who had Muzzys on his 98 Superhawk... He just replaced them after about seven years.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
I've seen a pair floating around on a 'hawk here in town myself, so it could be just that they don't make them anymore?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I've sent a message about some cans for the SH.. I do not believe they make a full system nor ever have. But hell, Slip ons are just that,, The mid pipes are an easy make be a muffler shop... or a bit more work do weld up a set from SS tube. And I'm sure they make a canster that will work. I'll post what I find out.