General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

MRA windscreen.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Squid

NoCats
MRA windscreen.

I just got my new MRA racing windscreen. Very nice piece. It was a bit pricey, but I like the exclusivity. It does an excellent job for me on the freeway with the wind. I can almost ride in a "normal" position going about 85-95 mph and not have the wind beat the tar out of me like with the OEM screen. There is some visual distortion looking through it at full tuck (chin on tank), but I only did that to actually see the distortion. I don't have to fully tuck because of the big a** "wind-free" zone this thing creates. Fit was excellent, only took me about five minutes to change. The only problem was trying to figure out how to get the first threaded insert to fit into the screen, the next three were fine. I did bust one knuckle taking off the right mirror. That sucked. I'm 100% satisfied with it. It makes the 'Hawk look a little more aggressive in my book, which I kinda like. Let's see if I can post some pics........................ sorry about the size, I can't figure out how to resize a jpeg.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Squid

NoCats
Re: MRA windscreen.

Rider's view:
Old 07-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Squid

NoCats

Next:
Old 08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98

Looks great, I just got my Superhawk yesterday and realize the screen is just to small for me (6'2"). How tall are you and where did you get it? Price?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Squid

NoCats

I'm a touch under 6'. I got it directly from the US importer: www.twistedthrottle.com. I did have to wait about a week and a half before it got here from Germany. And then about three days for it to get to me once it was shipped from twistedthrottle. The cost was around $125 shipped. Yeah, I know that's a bit much for a windscreen, but I wanted something different. Puig makes a nice one that's a little easier on the pocket book. I was gonna get that one. Anyways, probably any racing "bubble" screen will do a fine job. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:44 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard that shape is called "GP style" where its more than just a double bubble but the whole thing is kinda pushed right out. I completely agree that it makes an amazing difference to the ride-abiltiy of the bike.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98

Ok, i'm a little thick in the skull, which one dd]o you suggest, I see at least 2 that look like they would do the job but i suspect that you are talking about the:

The original "double-bubble" racingscreen! Available in 10 colors, including a new carbon-look finish.

but what about the touring one:

"Similar in shape to the original windscreen, the MRA TouringScreen includes a raised extension approximately 2-3 inches (5-7 cm) taller than the original windscreen."

I'm really not in a position to waste $100 + dollars for the wrong thing. Oh, by the way, did i say I'm also thinking of some heli bars...I think these too will be a must have right after the mesh / vented riding jacket. Will the helis ork good with either of these wind screens?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98

Ok, last stupid question, what collor did you get. I have the yellow "beasty bee" Super Hawk (My woman likes to call it that). So I was thinking that a black screen would look cool. But the offer "Shadow line black" or "Black Satin". Man, there are just too many choices....they even throw in this "Available in standard width or the narrower "Superbike" width", Do I need to get the superbike one to fit the heli bars?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:00 AM
SuperSport

Any style windscreen thats the shape of the one you see above is going to make a big difference. Puig makes a really nice one as well. Mine is pitch black and in hindsight I should have gone with a lighter or different color as the soft plastic scratches extremely easily and black shows the scratches.

Think twice about getting the heli bars. They're expensive as hell and I'm sure, no were near as strong as VFR bars which achieve better results for FAR cheaper.

I've low sided my bike on each side, HARD and they have yet to bend or break.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Back Marker

Besucher98

Ok man, links links links, please!

I've been to several sites already but no puig for VTR1000f and where can I get the VFR bars??? The VFR bars offer a increase in height?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:55 AM
SuperSport

Look in the Knowledge Base for more info on "Installing VFR 750/800 bars"

Google Puig windscreen. Its a big aftermarket manufacturer like Zero Gravity, Lockhart Phillips, etc. They make huggers as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Squid

NoCats

www.motoplastic.com is Puig's site. You'll see the box labeled "Puig Racing Screens". Click the "Details" button and find our bike on the list. You can see a picture of it on the bike.

http://www.mra.de/English/PRODUCTS.HTM is the MRA page. You can see the difference in shapes from MRA. Most other manufacturer's will be approx. the same shape. I got the "racing windshield".

http://www.mra.de/Deutsch/FARBEN.HTM those are the colors.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98

What do you think of the zero gravity windscreens. My local shop can't get the puig...only the zero gravity for my bike....I went there 'cause i get a 10% for one year....makes it a little cheaper than on-line....when i compare the price of the zero gravity to the puig...at motoplastics.

By the way, where can i get the VFR bars...used?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Squid

NoCats

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...0info%20DB.htm

Don't know if you've checked out the site yet, but if you click on the Superhawk picture you'll get a pop-up that shows the screen from four different angles. Looks fine to me. Anything would be better than the stock one, so it's kinda hard to go wrong.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
SuperSport

They're thiner and not quite as well made but so what :P
Old 08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
What goes Here?
Squid

murph996

Looks great, How do the 2 brothers racing pipes sound, have never heard them a SH before, do you have a Mp3 0r wav file you could send? Thanks it would help.

Murph
Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 PM
SuperSport

They sound very deep and bassy, incredible actually. Best i've heard.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Squid

NoCats
Originally Posted by NOrrTH";p=&quot
They sound very deep and bassy, incredible actually. Best i've heard.
Agree 100%. I've heard all types of exhaust on all types of v-twins (tl1000r/s, sv650/1000, duc, aprilia, rc51)

I think the two bros. on the Superhawk sound the best. Deep and bassy is a perfect description. It actually shakes the ground around it. Pretty cool.