General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Motus anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 05:01 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Motus anyone?

Repost, sorry!

Last edited by Wolverine; 09-03-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Sorry jay and everyone :(
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
SuperSport

jay956 is on a distinguished road
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ne-dyno-23106/
Old 09-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
God bless anyone that tries to make a new American motorcycle, but the pictures I've seen of that thing are downright fugly! Hopefully, there's some new bodywork being planned for the near future.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:21 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sheldonsl
God bless anyone that tries to make a new American motorcycle, but the pictures I've seen of that thing are downright fugly! Hopefully, there's some new bodywork being planned for the near future.
I'm glad beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think some parts could use refinement, but overall, I like the looks of the bike.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:28 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Talk about a torque monster (122 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm). I like it for its uniqueness, it has direct injection and it's an OHV 2 valve V4. "Motorcyclist" has a road test, and cover shot, of the prototypes in the latest issue.

They said the only flaw in performance is that the fuel mapping needs work. Roll on from closed throttle is very abrupt.

Plus, something forum members can appreciate, it has hydraulic lifters... no valve adjustment required.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 09-04-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:42 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
"Motorcyclist" has a road test, and cover shot, of the prototypes in the latest issue.
That's why I "[re]posted" this thread. I read the article and jumped on youtube to hear some sound clips. From what I've heard I still like the sound of certain viffers with the right exhaust.
In the second picture, look how close the riders knees are to the head/headers. Gotta be hot in stop and go situations. Not a bad looking bike IMO. Of course I'd jump at the chance to own the ugly duckling aka old style multistrada.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
When that bike came to Bumpus in Mboro TN, I had planned to go but had to work. Some buddies went and sat on it and said while overall it was pretty nice, it still needed a lot of refinement. Stuff like the chain rubbing on the exhaust and just bits and pieces of what is certainly a first production run bike. It still has lots of promise and I hope they do well. I love the V4 engine and would be all over one once they prove themselves.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
If and when they ever reach production, can you imagine what it will cost? I guess Jay Leno will get the first one and the rest will end up in some collectors garage far away from our greasy fingers.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
The guesses on price so far are 20K for the MTS-01 and maybe 30K for the "R" model.

The knee looks close in the second picture due to the angle. Look at the last picture, plenty of room.

The refinement will come. Honda didn't get it right the first time around, nor anyone else.

Look at the pedigree that the bike has, Pratt & Miller doing the chassis and Katech doing the engine. If you don't know them, then a little bit of surfing should be in your near future.