General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

motorcyclecarbs.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Back Marker

blupleous is on a distinguished road
motorcyclecarbs.com

has anyone had any business dealings with these guys. it appears as though they have a "k&l pilot adjusting tool" that has the right shape for our bikes heres a link.

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/kl/catalog/2003/069.pdf

the homepage is

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com
Old 08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
not to sound like a tight wad but i just took my dremel and cut a slot in my screws and removed the collar from around the screw now i can just use a stubby pocket driver to adj them..

I did have the carbs pulled for maint and shimming at the time thou.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Back Marker

VTRumble is an unknown quantity at this point
I made one out of brake tubing and a speedometer cable. Make a 90 deg. bend in the tubing, put the cable through, now shape the end of a 1/2" piece of tubing to fit on the D head of the adjusting screw. Then just crimp the piece on the end of the cable, I crimped another piece on the other end so I could turn it easier. Works great, if I think of it I'll take a pic tomorrow. Only cost about 2.00 to make.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:41 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
i think the blue one is more versatile - motion pro sells it too (might be their brand) - come with all kind of bits to fit slotted, d-type and philips and works as a screwdriver for hard to reach places. Its still a pain in the *** to get at, but it works. The home-made kind that VTRumble made up would work too if you are as resourceful. Its not a common adjustment, so you could also just borrow one unless you plan to do a lot of this
Old 08-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Back Marker

blupleous is on a distinguished road
all good stuff thanks. if there was only one choice in what to do the decision would be simple i think i'll e-mail and see they go for. havent been able to find anything on an official honda tool like the manual states.