General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

??'s for SH racers or aggressive riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
In my opinion, it depends on your height and arms length. i am 6ft tall and I don't see any need for raising the bars at all. I never get soar from riding even after 100 miles. For racers, it might be a good idea to lower them. I wouldn't know. I think that bike fits me like it is.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:50 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ??'s for SH racers or aggressive riders

after I had a lowside on my shawk, I mounted vortex racing clipons instead of stock because I found a good deal on them. they are a bit lower than stock. the reach is no prob as I too am 6', but I find that I get scooched up against the tank and end up using just the very front of my seat. I think higher bars might help for long rides, but with an aftermarket seat, there probably wouldn't be any issues. I also set the clipons to a straighter angle. this increases the stearing leverage, and makes the bike feel more stable in turns under power. but it does make the reach even longer. oh yeah, my right hand does want to fall asleep sometimes, but I haven't ridden a bike that doesn't do that to me.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Back Marker

2Phaast is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ??'s for SH racers or aggressive riders

I've got Two Brothers adjustable Racing clip-ons, which lower the bars at the triple clamps about an inch. I did have to adjust the clutch controls after adjusting the headlight/horn switch so there is no rubbing. As for the throttle cable housing assembly, I rerouted the cables outside of the forks for more "slack" which required sliding off the throttle assembly off the bar end, then I removed the brake handle, and postioned the throttle cable housing so that the brake handle is between the input/output cable guide tubes. I made sure there was no rubbing by adjusting the curved tube guides on the housing and re-tightened the adjusting nuts. After all the adjusting is done, the bars have about 1/2" of clearance from the tank when the triple clamps are at full lock both directions, and the bar ends are at well over an inch lower than what the stock bar ends were, but the brake and clutch controls/handles are now rotated down to be comfortably inline with my hands on the grips.