General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Making a small order for the 'Hawk, and seeing if I missed anything

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Making a small order for the 'Hawk, and seeing if I missed anything

Buying some parts to make her a bit more reliable and comfy for the upcoming season. All stock except a baffelectomy. I'm gonna get

APE CCT's
Jet kit to get her purring.
A new R/R. From my searching, it seems like just ordering one for '05 or newer and I'm good? I'm looking for a PnP r/r.
A set of heli-bars
A taller windscreen

Anything I'm missing? I'd love to grab a sargeant seat, but that's out of budget for now. The 'Hawk is now my dad's bike, and I'm trying to get it a bit more reliable and comfortable for a 60 year old guy. Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
The main things to make a bike comfortable are the things the rider is constantly in touch with - the handlebars, the seat, the tank, the footpegs. I think the aftermarket seat is well worth the cost. That, along with heli bars, turn the Superhawk into an almost-touring bike (save for the pitiful range). I'd say the jet kit and windscreen are unnecessary. But kudos to you for giving your bike to your dad. Mine would probably kick the bike down my driveway and slap a "For Sale" sign on it.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
If your on a budget and have a little bit of time... keep an eye out for VFR bars... they can usually be had for around 100 on EBAY that shoudl save you quite a bit of over the Helis... they aren't as tall/high, but made a big difference when I swapped them out.

With the extra cash saved on the Helis, nix the Jet kit and you're in the ballbark for a good used Sargent or Corbin if one pops up.

J.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
You could also save a bit with Truckinduc's CCT's instead of APEs.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...329#post201329

As for the R/R it is the same one the F3/F4 etc used just make sure the one you get is finned. I have seen them new on Ebay for $50ish I got mine from a local shop for $65, aftermarket they had it listed for a CBR F3..
Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
+1 on the Sargent seat, maybe you can find one on Ebay. I'm 62 and have stock bars with Sargent seat. It made a big difference due to its extra width.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd skip the jet kit... no need for it with just de-baffled pipes. The VFR bars are a great suggestion but they are actually a tad higher than the Helibars. There is a slight clearance issue with them, but there's also a clearance issue with the Helibars.
A Sargent seat is a must have item... take a loan out if you have to!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
Sounds good. And yes you will save some If you order my CCT;s. They also have better features than the APE's. Like roman thread seals and recessed bolt heads for ease of adjustment.