General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Looking for a superhawk Houston TX area

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Looking for a superhawk Houston TX area

Hey guys I'm back.. After owning a GSXR1000 and a Kawasaki ZX-10r I really would like to get another Superhawk.. I been looking on craigslist, found one but doesn't have a feel for that one weird kinda looking fairing.. So anyone from Texas knows any one who is selling let me know..

Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

GlockPointer is on a distinguished road
There is usually a few in the Austin area. Maybe two or three this week. Craigslist I mean.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by GlockPointer
There is usually a few in the Austin area. Maybe two or three this week. Craigslist I mean.

Thanks man I will take a look..
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
You want this one:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...wk-sale-29371/

It already has the Scotts Steering Stabilizer for you too!

Last edited by RWhisen; 12-05-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 AM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by doomcookie
...anyone from Texas knows anyone who is selling let me know...
Do you have any plans for it? Trackbike, streetbike, commuter, etc. Mine's pretty beat up aesthetically, but I'd let it go for cheap. Has real person fork springs, Fox twin clicker, manual cct's, and some other recent parts.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Speedzilla

I think there is one for sale on the speedzilla forum. Yellow in color and is sweet!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by NooB
Do you have any plans for it? Trackbike, streetbike, commuter, etc. Mine's pretty beat up aesthetically, but I'd let it go for cheap. Has real person fork springs, Fox twin clicker, manual cct's, and some other recent parts.

I'm interested.. it don't have a to top the line.. mostly track little on the street..

Got any picture?

I found a guy in Austin who is willing to let it go for 1700 pretty decent looking bike.. I don't like purple.. and it have 34k on it on a auto CCT I don't know how he manage to do that.. but in the same sense look like you got what I need..
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by RWhisen
You want this one:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...wk-sale-29371/

It already has the Scotts Steering Stabilizer for you too!

That is like the perfect Super Hawk to have.. Like I said the bike will be mostly use on the track and I couldn't live with myself if crash that one lol.. I know just dont crash right?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

I'm interested.. it don't have a to top the line.. mostly track little on the street..

Got any picture?

It doesn't have the tail plastic on it right now. Basically, plastics and tank need to be replaced for it to look good. But that may be a good thing if you're worried about crashing it.

Also, forgot to mention, it has a jet kit, K&N filter, Aprilia/Brembo front master cylinder, steel braided brake and clutch lines, recent chain and sprockets, and single side Ti Leo muffler with a ghetto midpipe. Runs strong with about 45k on the clock. Recently checked the valves and they're spot on. I'd be happy to do a compression test for you if you want.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Superstock

It doesn't have the tail plastic on it right now. Basically, plastics and tank need to be replaced for it to look good. But that may be a good thing if you're worried about crashing it.

Also, forgot to mention, it has a jet kit, K&N filter, Aprilia/Brembo front master cylinder, steel braided brake and clutch lines, recent chain and sprockets, and single side Ti Leo muffler with a ghetto midpipe. Runs strong with about 45k on the clock. Recently checked the valves and they're spot on. I'd be happy to do a compression test for you if you want.
How much are we talking about?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

You should see it first. You're in Houston right? Maybe I can ride it over this weekend?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Superstock

You should see it first. You're in Houston right? Maybe I can ride it over this weekend?
PM me your number.. This weekend i might go to corpus christi so i can let you know when we can meet up.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
NooB. I recently changed to 2 into 1 and am playing with carb settings. My present setting is below in my signature.

How is yours set? what is a ghetto pipe? any help is appreciated. thanx
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 AM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

PM me your number.. This weekend i might go to corpus christi so i can let you know when we can meet up.
Pm sent.

Originally Posted by nath981
NooB. I recently changed to 2 into 1 and am playing with carb settings. My present setting is below in my signature.

How is yours set? what is a ghetto pipe? any help is appreciated. thanx
Pm sent.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Superstock

This is what i got now... LAME SO FAR.. I hate this bike ... 2006 special edition zx-10r.. 1 down 2 up..erion exhaust.. K&N..and power commander 3 usb.. some other stuff i don't even know about.. so far I change the starter solenoid and rectifer.. I know whats wrong with it now.. its the starter getting too hot and wouldn't want to crank at 210-220 degree.. SO! who's up for a trade???? LOL

Got this bad boy last week and sending it right back... suppose to run perfect.. well its not and I'm not spending anymore cash on something that was suppose to run perfect.. Rides good though handle pretty well..

Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

It's funny you mention that since I used to have a '08 600RR that did the same thing. It wouldn't start after it got really hot. I always thought it was the FI computer shutting things down to keep the motor from cooking itself to death.

Hey, by the way, do you ride with any Houston groups? Clutch Crew, Houston Gixxers, or Moto Houston?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Superstock

It's funny you mention that since I used to have a '08 600RR that did the same thing. It wouldn't start after it got really hot. I always thought it was the FI computer shutting things down to keep the motor from cooking itself to death.

Hey, by the way, do you ride with any Houston groups? Clutch Crew, Houston Gixxers, or Moto Houston?

No I haven't got this bike running right to get to know people around here.. I just moved from Kansas.. I'm going to be on a business trip next week but I will call you when i get back so we can meet up.. Did you ever got the 600rr running right? was it the starter?.. cause i still don't know for sure if thats the problem on this zx-10r.. this guy is suppose to pick this bike up tomorrow..
Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

Ahh ok, for some reason I assumed you were from here. Whenever you get the itch to strafe corners let me know, I'm a walking encyclopedia of twisty roads within 300 miles of Houston. Or if you're into trackdays I can fill you in on the tracks and orgs putting them on e.g. avoid Ridesmart at all costs lol. Check out motohouston.com, lots of knuckle heads there but plenty of other good stuff about the houston bike scene. Better classified section then craigslist too. Here's another good one: twtex.com

Anyway, with the RR it would always start back up once it cooled off. Also, since it was my GF's bike at the time, if she wasn't complaining about it then I wasn't about to start messing with it.