General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

looking for a repost. 1000rr rear rim weight vs stock.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
looking for a repost. 1000rr rear rim weight vs stock.

As you all know I did this mod recently. I went from an aluminum sprocketed vtr rim with an old worn pilot on it. To a new pilot the same size on a RRrim with ALU sprocket. Changed to the lighter axle. To be honest the tire feels just as great as before but I am not really feeling the amazing difference vs the mori zeros. Both brake rotors are the same. But rotating weight is supposed to be king. I have a new pilot for the front but dunno if I wanna hawk over 400 bones next month for it. Sc54 or 45???? Forgot but the three spoke RR rims are supposed to be stupid light or at least a kilo under vtr rims. They feel lighter in the hand but I didn't have a scale. Kinda bumming and praying my tank will end up lighter that's to be seen as I added 1L over stock and there's a ton of resin on er. Well see... Please post up the weights or a link stuck on the phone again and the search got me my own threads back..... Can't do cf rims its just too high until I get the motor and electrics sorted.