General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Let's Do Lunch!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:27 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Let's Do Lunch!

You may have missed the thread jack from a couple days ago so here's a heads' up! I am ordering lunch for all Superhawk drivers, pilots and riders and inviting you to Austin for the occasion on MARCH 25.

My company is located on 1&1/2 acres in northwest Austin and we have a large parking lot. We will be open for regular business until 3PM but we will be closing the parking lot to 4-wheel vehicles about 1PM. Food Time is 2PM.

All makes of bikes are welcome as are the folks who ride them. I figure if you read it hear you must be OK.

Google Map to 6914 McNeil Drive Austin. Our property is the one with the three white hot dogs in the upper left corner. No - we are not serving white hot dogs - those are the greenhouses.

I've ordered Brisket/Chicken and sides. As you can see from the sat shot there's lots of shade and under the shade there are some places to sit. We'll have soft drinks and generally everything that we need is supplied by the caterer who has the BBQ place right down the street. Randy says we can serve as many people that come but if it's more than 200 he will have to bring in some extra staff.

Austin is a sweet ride from SA if you come up through Wimberly and follow route 12. A bit longer from NW Houston but not an ***-burner either. Brenham is an easy shot as is Smithville. Dallas and Corpus are a bit farther and the best way is right down the slabs. Come over, shoot the ****, commiserate my crash, trade stories and have some lunch.

Our very own Superhawk Forum Moderator Erik Marquez will be back on his mid-tour leave from Iraq and will be riding in from Ft. Hood. Erik rides a '98 Red and his wife wife rides a Blvd. This is Erik's final foreign tour before his finishes his twenty and retires. He's always good for a story or two about getting stuck in the Alaskan out back or racing dirt machines in Australia.

After lunch we can go out for rides around Austin, the Hill Country or mosey back to the house. This will be my first week back riding so I'm looking forward to it.

If you have mechnical issues and you're near Austin we can send a truck and trailer out to assist. The phone number here at the office is 512-535-1741. Please RSVP here at the forum.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a great time, wish I was near the area I could use a good ride. post some pics of the turn-out if possible and enjoy. you texans know how to make a mean brisket!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Man, I'd love to be there but it's only an 1843 mile commute...ONE WAY!!!!!

I'll make you a deal, you pay for my hotels and I'll be there!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:22 PM
MotoGP

Call Ralph! He needs to fly you and Marm in!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Don't think that'll happen. Besides, if there is going to be a group of VTR riders getting together you better be damned sure that I'm going to ride the Superhawk there!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:46 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
That sounds like a great time, kinda far away for me though in Buffalo NY. Hope everyone that can make it has a great time.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Kaye, Cody and I are in.... We'll ride in most likely.. unless weather is reaaaaaaaaaaaaly bad.

So damn good to be home if only for a few days. Lunch with firends new and old will be a great way to spend one my last days on leave.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Sounds like fun! But Texas is far, especially all curled up on a Ducati. Ergo-what? =P
Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Oh damn, I'd be there except I'm a co-sponsor of a local/area ride to

http://www.texasmile.com/

It the only date they run so I'm locked into that. I'm sure your lunch will be MUCH better than the concession stand hot dogs I'll be gagging on and the sound a bunch of VTR's will be awesome to hear.

Doug
Old 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Back Marker

05xman is on a distinguished road
i should be able to make it and I'm sure the wife will ride her with me.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
Doug, do you think that if I made the same offer, anyone would take me up on it?

More seriously, if I was within a few states of you I'd make the opportunity for the ride. But, being the other side of the Pacific Ocean...

I am impressed and gratified to see such friendliness in our group. Well done.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2007, 07:55 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Wish i could be there, but too far away. Thanks for the invite tho'.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
No worries!!! I shall instruct my pilot to prepare the Learjet!

Oh well, its nice to dream........
Old 03-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
That is the weekend that Ill be in Seguin with the gf's family for some lunch thing they have every year after church. (shoot me now I know) but if Im able to bring my own wheels seperate from her, Ill be sure to shoot on over there on my way outta town to see you guys! So put me down as a maybe...
Old 03-23-2007, 04:25 PM
MotoGP

Thumbs up

Ya know? I think the only thing dumber than an armadillo is Texas weather! As soon as Sunday the 25th came on the ten-day forecast we have been under a significant threat of rain. Even this morning when I got up it was 40% - now it's 10. Up until Wednesday they were still predicting 60% - then they started softening up.

Now they have moved the entire event into next week so if you were thinking about stopping by we are good to go on my end. Hope to see all you Central Texas Superhawk riders on Sunday! Might be a good day for clear lenses as it's supposed to be very cloudy until the rain starts on Monday. Happy trails and keep the rubber side down!

Shayne, stop by and pick up Pete. When you get to the Georgetown Airport park the jet at the end of Runway 36 and we'll pick you up
Old 03-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Guys, please take pics and video if possible. I'll be glad to host 'em and post 'em.