General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

The Jube!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Squid

Zeus4130 is on a distinguished road
The Jube!!!

Yep... I'm new and this is my first post. Current member of OZ Firestorm, (Hi Guys), and so glad that my girl has finally arrived. Its been a while since I bought the bike till I actually got hold of it, due to unforeseen (Australian Army Exercises) circumstances...

And now a little story for you all...

For a while now, I haven't been able to sleep much past 5:00am every morning, including weekends. And now that I've been on holidays for the last almost 2 weeks, you think I'd be able to sleep in.... Well, no... You're wrong. I've even had some stints where I was waking at 3:30, and just couldn't sleep.. So this morning when I was completely comatose, only to get woken up by a phone call at 5:45am, you think I'd be a little peeved off... And I kinda was. I was in such a state of deep sleep, I couldn't believe it. And then I get this guy calling me...

Now one would think I would be completely and utterly rope-able, and yes I kinda was, however, he was calling to tell me that my bike was arriving this morning!!!!! Now taking into consideration that he told me Thursday, and I was in a coma this morning, I'm kinda happy, but still kinda pissed.. lol

So anyway, The bike has finally turned up, and now its time to get it on the road and registered before I start tinkering with it and making it look all shiny and sparkly with shiny bits and sparkly things...

So far I have replaced grips and levers, replaced foot pegs, recharged the batteries, and spotted a few other minor issues that need to be addressed before I even think about trying to get it registered.

Right side crankcase cover has a 2mm sized pin hole in it, however I have now sourced that part from a wonderful member of OZFS. Right side Micron can is a little more damaged than what I initially thought, so I am taking it off and hunting around some exhaust places here in Townsville, to find out what my options are. Right side rearset has been completely snapped in half, and after some research and visual checking, I now notice that I am going to have to remove the swingarm, (Anyone in Townsville free tomorrow???), to replace it. Still need to replace the indicators, which I have already bought, and work out why the horn, and indicators dont work. I'm hoping it is either a fuse or a relay. But dont know yet.

Had so much running around today trying to get the little things sorted, but it's all good, cause the demon child is finally here..

Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum! Oz Firestorm is a great site by the way.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Squid

Cheers, and certainly is...

Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
I can't speak for the right rear set, but I have removed the left side without removing the swing arm. This what quite a while ago so my memory is a little foggy, but I did have the bike up on a lift with the rear wheel suspended.

Welcome!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Squid

JakeT is on a distinguished road
You don't need to drop the swing arm to replace the rearsets. I recently did it myself had a little trouble at first but after some good advice and slowing myself down a bit I got the new ones on with no issues.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...nt-help-22709/
Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Squid

I'm removing the swingarm, as I'm going to paint it while i have the back wheel out, and I'm removing the pivot pin... I figure I might as well, I'm just trying to get everything clean on it too... And there's a bit of build up of gunk on it.

Have some picsName:  20121213_163035.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  20121213_163007.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  94.0 KB
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Welcome and can't wait to see your bike when finished.....cheers.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Squid

Yeah, I have a wonderous amount of plans for the ol girl...

Am looking forward to playing with it.. hehe