General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I love my hawk even more now

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
I love my hawk even more now

This past weekend I went out and put about 250 miles on the odometer. Some of the best roads northeastern PA has to offer and none of them had more than 2 lanes

One of the guys I rode with has an '02 Triumph 955i that he recently purchased. He offered to swap rides, so I had to oblige him. Funny thing is that he rode an older 750 Kat before this bike and when I offered swaps he wouldn't do it. he told me because if he got on my hawk, he'd probably want another bike.

Anyway, I had never ridden a triple so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The engine feels just like a large displacement I4 to me. I'm sure someone that rides an I-4 would notice a difference. It was his first experience on a big twin and he grabbed a handful of throttle. Not enough to wheelie, but I think it got his attention.

The ergos on the Triumph just didn't fit me at all. Too much laying out like superman, not quite like an RR, but more than I'm used to. After 20 miles my wrists were screaming for mercy. Why can't anyone make a bike for someone 6' tall?

His impression of my hawk with redone forks and Sargent seat were, "Wow, that's really comfortable" He was also surprised how much you can feel the pulses of the big twin while riding.

This was the first time I ahve ever followed my bike on another. I got to hear the sweet sounds of Kerker cans (thanks Superhawk22) and really liked them.

So my summary is...I really love my superhawk.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:25 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
I rode a Ducati 916 that a friend owned (back when i had my Nighthawk750 and vt500 Ascot) but it was darn uncomfortable. I liked the V-twin power though - one of the reasons why I bought the SH and its a heck of a lot more comfortable than the 916 was... the 916 did seem smoother engine pulses wise than the SH is. I haven't had the opportunity to ride the new Duc 996. I have ridden other triples and they do act a lot like I4s.

RickB
02 red SH