General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I just dont get it....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
I just dont get it....

I was using the search function to look at some feedback on various aftermarket cans and decided on carbon d&d's with the jardine midpipes so i can mount them high. $740 bucks per can! Can that be right? I just want really loud high mounted aftermarkets but good lord son who can afford that! Anybody have feedback on some alternatives?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:11 AM
New Hawk Rider
Superstock

eersfanpilot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dshakes
I was using the search function to look at some feedback on various aftermarket cans and decided on carbon d&d's with the jardine midpipes so i can mount them high. $740 bucks per can! Can that be right? I just want really loud high mounted aftermarkets but good lord son who can afford that! Anybody have feedback on some alternatives?
Just one more reason that makes the stock exhaust look even prettier when it is all polished up.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Lol where did you see that they cost that much? Best bet pricewise is to keep an eye out on places like ebay & craigslist, though nice used ones are getting harder to find. Also post up a wanted in the classified on here. Many are no longer made but if you do a little homework they're still out there.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/mcy/1543590249.html
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Lol where did you see that they cost that much? Best bet pricewise is to keep an eye out on places like ebay & craigslist, though nice used ones are getting harder to find. Also post up a wanted in the classified on here. Many are no longer made but if you do a little homework they're still out there.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/mcy/1543590249.html
Hah! I just bought a Sargent seat off of that guy.... great communication so far.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Squid

cosean is on a distinguished road
http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/StoreFront

They seem to have the few systems still available and prices don't seem too bad. Are you sure that was the price per can? They have them $675 for the pair.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by cosean
http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/StoreFront

They seem to have the few systems still available and prices don't seem too bad. Are you sure that was the price per can? They have them $675 for the pair.
Im was'nt sure if that was for the pair so i figured i would post on here and get some opinions from u guys. The site i was on was a little confusing. Am i correct that the jardine midpipes will bolt up to the d&ds? Can anyone clarify that? Thanks fellas.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Superstock

Thanks for the link also!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Jardine used to make a high mount round black powdercoat set of mufflers with chrome midpipes. They are no longer made and replacement midpipes are no longer available...those midpipes would work with the d&d mufflers. You'd have to find them used. The system may possibly be found leftover with a retailer somewhere but you'd have to call around.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Squid

dieschem is on a distinguished road
I found a set of CF Muzzy low mounts for mine on ebay for 160. Here's a link to a website with a butt-load of cans, some very cheap. FTR, pretty much any aftermarket can is going to be loud on a hawk. My Muzzys set off car alarms every time I pull into the parking garage at work.

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/vtr1000_sp1_(97-02).htm
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...98-1999/Detail
http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...98-1999/Detail
Carbon is like $675 for the pair.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
The problem with CF on the Superhawk is the vibration that drives the rivet heads though the skin. Once they blow - they're gone. Start over!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Squid

dieschem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
The problem with CF on the Superhawk is the vibration that drives the rivet heads though the skin. Once they blow - they're gone. Start over!
You=Party Pooper.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I did not know this. Hmmm, is this common with the cf's?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Wearing the Vtwin grin!
Squid

Bikephreak is on a distinguished road
I was in the same situation as you when I got my Superhawk. I wanted something that looks and sounds good with out spending my life's savings on it. I ended up finding some stock Harley mufflers for next to nothing. I drilled out the restriction inside and mounted them under the tail. I then went to a muffler shop and had them bend up some pipe to connect the stock header the HD mufflers. Everyone that sees them thinks they are way cool b/c they have never seen them before. They sound GREAT! And I have less than $100 bucks in them.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Bikephreak
I was in the same situation as you when I got my Superhawk. I wanted something that looks and sounds good with out spending my life's savings on it. I ended up finding some stock Harley mufflers for next to nothing. I drilled out the restriction inside and mounted them under the tail. I then went to a muffler shop and had them bend up some pipe to connect the stock header the HD mufflers. Everyone that sees them thinks they are way cool b/c they have never seen them before. They sound GREAT! And I have less than $100 bucks in them.
You got any pics? I imagine its pretty loud and probably does look cool. Doesnt it get hot under the tail though?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bikephreak
I would like to see them also, I have a few buddies that ride HD's and if they look and sound good I might go that way too.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
if you have to have high mounts go with the leo vince on starcycle's site!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Hopey is on a distinguished road
loud exhaust

I've got hindle high mounts on mine and the sound great!(loud)saw some on ebay a while back !You'd be impressed!Happy hunting!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:23 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Jardine used to make a high mount round black powdercoat set of mufflers with chrome midpipes. They are no longer made and replacement midpipes are no longer available...those midpipes would work with the d&d mufflers. You'd have to find them used. The system may possibly be found leftover with a retailer somewhere but you'd have to call around.
Captain is probably sitting on 5 sets of exhaust but won't share. He is a total shawk whoreder (made that from ***** and hoarder). If you use his diligence, and are willing to put in some time, you can have anything you want.